Sleeping dogs is half off on Steam this weekend.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

Just a heads up for those who may have been on the fence about it. It's only $25 this weekend. Great price for it, definitely. I had a lot of fun with it.

#2 Posted by C_Rule (9739 posts) -
Just saw that. If you don't have it, you should definitely get it for that price.
#3 Posted by HyperWarlock (3256 posts) -

I already have it, but can't play it as my system keeps overheating while running it D:

#4 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

I already have it, but can't play it as my system keeps overheating while running it D:

HyperWarlock

You try turning down the res? I played it on my 3 year old dell laptop, with a dual core i5, HD4670, and 4gb RAM. I got bad overheating and terrible framerates, even at minimum settings, at 1920x1080. Turned down to 1280x720, and it ran over 40fps solid, with no overheating. Still looked decent too.

#5 Posted by HyperWarlock (3256 posts) -

[QUOTE="HyperWarlock"]

the_bi99man

You try turning down the res? I played it on my 3 year old dell laptop, with a dual core i5, HD4670, and 4gb RAM. I got bad overheating and terrible framerates, even at minimum settings, at 1920x1080. Turned down to 1280x720, and it ran over 40fps solid, with no overheating. Still looked decent too.

I can play games more demanding than sleeping dogs, which is annoying. However i'll try turning the res down and give it another go.

#6 Posted by wis3boi (31003 posts) -

on the fence about it, but definitely thinking about grabbin' it. It's either this or chivalry

#7 Posted by BPoole96 (22784 posts) -
I want to buy it but I don't have time to play it. It will go down to this price of lower during the winter and ill get it then.
#8 Posted by Baranga (14217 posts) -

Buy it from Amazon, apply SQRLUVOC at checkout for an extra 25% off (checkout price: $18.75). One use per account.

#9 Posted by Miroku32 (8666 posts) -
Too...Many...Games on my backlog. Plus I'm broke :P Anyways, waiting till it goes lower on price or a deal with all the DLCs included (like the one Steam had some times with Deus Ex HR with the 3 DLCs).
#10 Posted by BPoole96 (22784 posts) -

Buy it from Amazon, apply SQRLUVOC at checkout for an extra 25% off (checkout price: $18.75). One use per account.

Baranga

Is the download on Amazon a steam code?

#11 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

[QUOTE="Baranga"]

BPoole96

I believe so since Sleeping Dogs is a Steam game as well.

"Do I need a Steam account to run Sleeping Dogs?

Yes, if you dont already have a Steam account you will need to create one by visiting: www.steampowered.com"

#12 Posted by BPoole96 (22784 posts) -

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="Baranga"]

mitu123

I believe so since Sleeping Dogs is a Steam game as well.

"Do I need a Steam account to run Sleeping Dogs?

Yes, if you dont already have a Steam account you will need to create one by visiting: www.steampowered.com"

Thank you! Buying now :)

#13 Posted by with_teeth26 (6018 posts) -

I bought it for 35 and in retrospect I wish I waited for a cheaper price. Its not a bad game by any means but I had got my fill of sandbox crazyness from Saints Row the Third and burned out on Sleeping Dogs pretty quick. The pacing of the story is not great and a lot of the side activities are kinda lame. The street races suck with rubber-banding opponents.

It has solid hand-to-hand combat and some fun chase sequences/car chases but its kinda forgettable overall imo.

#14 Posted by BattleSpectre (5952 posts) -

This game is so underrated and i only heard about this game through you guys, i went on youtube and searched some gameplay for it and it looks great. I've got my eyes on this game that's for sure.

#15 Posted by bonafidetk (3812 posts) -
Its over rated imo. Its not crazy enough to beat SR3, not serious enough to beat GTA4 and the fighting mechanics are not good enough to beat batman arkham city. Also the story is kinda crap. It might be worth picking up at some point, but not even at half price.
#16 Posted by the_ChEeSe_mAn2 (8464 posts) -

I think I will wait for Christmas sale. I believe it could drop even lower than that. Besides my friend just gifted me Borderlands 2, so I have that to get through :P

#17 Posted by kozzy1234 (35139 posts) -

One of this years best games, well worth it at that price.

Was worth it at full price imo and had more fun with it then I did Saints Row 3 or GTA IV, it brought FUN back to sandbox games imo.

#18 Posted by SKaREO (3161 posts) -
Wait for it to hit the bargain bin tbh, game sucks.
#19 Posted by wis3boi (31003 posts) -

Wait for it to hit the bargain bin tbh, game sucks.SKaREO

just like your posts, except those are free and disposable

#20 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4089 posts) -

One of this years best games, well worth it at that price.

Was worth it at full price imo and had more fun with it then I did Saints Row 3 or GTA IV, it brought FUN back to sandbox games imo.

kozzy1234
Same here, I just wish it was longer. I still like Just Cause 2 more than it as far as sandbox games go, but SD is definitely better than GTA IV and SR3.