Skyrim High Res Texture pack?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by the_bi99man (11054 posts) -

Where can I get the Skyrim high Res Texture pack, without steam. According to bethesda, it's free, so it should be somewhere, right? I don't want my Skyrim in steam, and I can't seem to find a regular download of it anywhere. Doing a google search, I found a torrent for it, so I downloaded that, and it sent me to some website where it wanted me to answer a survey to get a password for the zipped file. Fuuuuuuuuudge that nonsense. Is there just an official download from Bethesda?

#2 Posted by DanielDust (15402 posts) -
Buy the game mister pirate.
#3 Posted by kris9031998 (7554 posts) -
Rofl, you pirate. You NEED steam to play skyrim. Not just the pack.
#4 Posted by ferret-gamer (17336 posts) -
Silly pirate, Skyrim is steamworks.
#5 Posted by Cwagmire21 (5896 posts) -

I'm sure if you email Bethesda with the following subject line they'll help you out immediately: "Where can I download your HR texture pack for my pirated copy?"

#6 Posted by the_bi99man (11054 posts) -

Actually, i have a retail copy of the game, which I removed from Steam after the installation. I don't like steam. But if that's what it takes to get the high res textures I guess I'll have to put it back. Damn steam.

#7 Posted by Kinthalis (5323 posts) -

Actually, i have a retail copy of the game, which I removed from Steam after the installation. I don't like steam. But if that's what it takes to get the high res textures I guess I'll have to put it back. Damn steam.

the_bi99man

Dude, it's not 2005 anymore. It's no longer cool to hate on Steam.

It's innoccuous, it's got a ton of features, it's a small price to pay for the convinience it offers and for the good things it's done for CP gaming.

Also, quit torrenting stuff.

#8 Posted by DanielDust (15402 posts) -
Might be a little hard to do so considering that you only have a few games made by Valve. Damn Steam she crazy like that, but Steam is not to blame for your "big mouth" and inconsistent lies.
#9 Posted by the_bi99man (11054 posts) -

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

Kinthalis

It's innoccuous, it's got a ton of features, it's a small price to pay for the convinience it offers and for the good things it's done for CP gaming.

Haha. I know. I'm just old school and stuck in my ways, i guess. Plus my processor isn't exactly a beast, and I always kill as many processes as possible when gaming, to save resources, so I don't like having something like Steam running in the background. And I try to avoid torrenting things. Like I said, I resorted to a torrent for this, and got a bogus one, anyway. I guess I'll just put it back in steam and get the high res textures. I wonder if I could just break it out again after installing the pack... Probably.

#10 Posted by Spellingiscool (1450 posts) -
That Bethesda pack sucks anyway. Stick to the Nexus if you're worried about textures.
#11 Posted by DevilMightCry (3495 posts) -

[QUOTE="Kinthalis"]

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

the_bi99man

Haha. I know. I'm just old school and stuck in my ways, i guess. Plus my processor isn't exactly a beast, and I always kill as many processes as possible when gaming, to save resources, so I don't like having something like Steam running in the background. And I try to avoid torrenting things. Like I said, I resorted to a torrent for this, and got a bogus one, anyway. I guess I'll just put it back in steam and get the high res textures. I wonder if I could just break it out again after installing the pack... Probably.

So... you want to kill as many programs as possible, so you can run Skyrim better, resource-hog-aka-Steam free. Only to turn aroun and download an HD texture pack. Yeaaaah...
#12 Posted by SPBoss (3632 posts) -

the_bi99man
Dont bother, go to skyrim nexus and get SKYRIM HD mod.. nearly all textures are 2k and above.. its much better than the official version!!!
#13 Posted by Elann2008 (32991 posts) -

The pirate-detector is strong in this thread. But isn't it obvious. On a serious note, just get the game man. I've seen sales where it dropped as low as $30. Well worth it if you ask me, and this coming from someone who purchased it at day one. :)