Showcase your rigs.

#301 Posted by Klunt_Bumskrint (4417 posts) -
To be honest 1200 watt is barely enough for 2 GPU's. You never want to utilize more than 80% of the power supply. To be safe 2 GPU's should run 1600 watt power supply and 3 GPU's I would run atleast 2000 watt's and you would see a difference in performance with the same hardware. You really don't want the power supply to run warm otherwise it's being pushed too much. One of the main things I hear are people talking about stuttering and crashing and that's because of the lack in power. RimacBugatti
Are you mental, my 2 680's run 195-225w each and I need twice the PSU I have now? Wow, maybe if I get a 2000w PSU i'll get an extra 20fps in BF3 :) .... ..... hahahahaha
#302 Posted by Horgen (110931 posts) -
[QUOTE="RimacBugatti"]To be honest 1200 watt is barely enough for 2 GPU's. You never want to utilize more than 80% of the power supply. To be safe 2 GPU's should run 1600 watt power supply and 3 GPU's I would run atleast 2000 watt's and you would see a difference in performance with the same hardware. You really don't want the power supply to run warm otherwise it's being pushed too much. One of the main things I hear are people talking about stuttering and crashing and that's because of the lack in power. acanofcoke
Are you mental, my 2 680's run 195-225w each and I need twice the PSU I have now? Wow, maybe if I get a 2000w PSU i'll get an extra 20fps in BF3 :) .... ..... hahahahaha

He is a funny guy right?
#303 Posted by soolkiki (1776 posts) -

To be honest 1200 watt is barely enough for 2 GPU's. You never want to utilize more than 80% of the power supply. To be safe 2 GPU's should run 1600 watt power supply and 3 GPU's I would run atleast 2000 watt's and you would see a difference in performance with the same hardware. You really don't want the power supply to run warm otherwise it's being pushed too much. One of the main things I hear are people talking about stuttering and crashing and that's because of the lack in power. RimacBugatti
If you're a troll, good job, but you're not fooling anyone. If not, well...

#304 Posted by kraken2109 (13211 posts) -
[QUOTE="kraken2109"]

Blurred a few things, also I'm a student, so my setup isn't ideal :P

Also photos were taken with tablet in poor lighting conditions. Forgive me.

(Right click>view image for full size)

C_Rule
That's a nice looking room, I like your wooden furniture, too. Those speakers being on different levels would make me freak out, though.

There's only about 10cm in it, sadly not much i can do about that.
#305 Posted by MuD3 (1434 posts) -

i guess the wires do look a lot better tucked... 

i need to dust... and don't mind the flap of noise padding on the drive bay, it's only temporary. can see the wires in there from my desk while the side door is off and it was driving me crazy. had that left over piece just sitting at my desk so i stuck it on until i can propperly cover it.

mxCALAZ.jpg?1

#306 Posted by mrmarrero (306 posts) -

i need to dust... and don't mind the flap of noise padding on the drive bay, it's only temporary. can see the wires in there from my desk while the side door is off and it was driving me crazy. had that left over piece just sitting at my desk so i stuck it on until i can propperly cover it.

mxCALAZ.jpg?1

MuD3

Your build was my original inspiration. It looks even better now. Well done!

#307 Posted by MuD3 (1434 posts) -

[QUOTE="MuD3"]

mrmarrero

lol that's funny, yours is the reason i switched from red to white :lol:

#308 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (4080 posts) -
[QUOTE="acanofcoke"][QUOTE="RimacBugatti"]To be honest 1200 watt is barely enough for 2 GPU's. You never want to utilize more than 80% of the power supply. To be safe 2 GPU's should run 1600 watt power supply and 3 GPU's I would run atleast 2000 watt's and you would see a difference in performance with the same hardware. You really don't want the power supply to run warm otherwise it's being pushed too much. One of the main things I hear are people talking about stuttering and crashing and that's because of the lack in power. horgen123

He is a funny guy right?

Brace your selves lads I'm about to tell him that... You can run two GTX Titan's on a 750w PSU! (High efficiency around 90+).
#309 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (4080 posts) -

[QUOTE="mrmarrero"]

[QUOTE="MuD3"]

MuD3

lol that's funny, yours is the reason i switched from red to white :lol:

#310 Posted by Horgen (110931 posts) -
[QUOTE="Grey_Eyed_Elf"][QUOTE="horgen123"][QUOTE="acanofcoke"] Are you mental, my 2 680's run 195-225w each and I need twice the PSU I have now? Wow, maybe if I get a 2000w PSU i'll get an extra 20fps in BF3 :) .... ..... hahahahaha

He is a funny guy right?

Brace your selves lads I'm about to tell him that... You can run two GTX Titan's on a 750w PSU! (High efficiency around 90+).

are you crazy? Need 1600+ for that.
#311 Posted by FaustArp (1036 posts) -

I had a great YouTube video about Trolls to reply to this post with, but can't figure out how to embed YouTube videos in this forum.  :(

Anyone know?

#312 Posted by Horgen (110931 posts) -

[QUOTE="RimacBugatti"]To be honest 1200 watt is barely enough for 2 GPU's. You never want to utilize more than 80% of the power supply. To be safe 2 GPU's should run 1600 watt power supply and 3 GPU's I would run atleast 2000 watt's and you would see a difference in performance with the same hardware. You really don't want the power supply to run warm otherwise it's being pushed too much. One of the main things I hear are people talking about stuttering and crashing and that's because of the lack in power. FaustArp

I had a great YouTube video about Trolls to reply to this post with, but can't figure out how to embed YouTube videos in this forum.  :(

Anyone know?

Below the video there is a share link, click on it; chose embedded. Copy paste
#313 Posted by FaustArp (1036 posts) -

[QUOTE="FaustArp"]

[QUOTE="RimacBugatti"]To be honest 1200 watt is barely enough for 2 GPU's. You never want to utilize more than 80% of the power supply. To be safe 2 GPU's should run 1600 watt power supply and 3 GPU's I would run atleast 2000 watt's and you would see a difference in performance with the same hardware. You really don't want the power supply to run warm otherwise it's being pushed too much. One of the main things I hear are people talking about stuttering and crashing and that's because of the lack in power. horgen123

Anyone know?

Below the video there is a share link, click on it; chose embedded. Copy paste

Thanks.  :)

#314 Posted by RimacBugatti (1632 posts) -
Thank you gentleman for the response. It really brightens my day. Thank you for the compliment sir. :) I will try to post some pictures as soon as possible. I never really focused as much on looks as I did performance. Would I rather have a car that looks like a Bugatti or a car that performs like one. Hmmm... let me think. It's like all the individuals that pretend to have money seemingly don't. Seems to be a trend these days. I commend you guys on these builds they all look really good! :) I had a question in reference to another build that I had been thinking about and was wanting some advice. What is your opinion on the CFI case and the AZZA case?
#315 Posted by RimacBugatti (1632 posts) -
Thank you gentleman and have a wonderful day! :) Good luck with your builds and keep up the Good work! God bless you!
#316 Posted by RimacBugatti (1632 posts) -
It is a lot easier to convince yourself that it would require less energy when you knowingly can't afford the more advanced item. It's called trickery my friend. It keeps us from becoming emotional over a situation that we can't seemingly control.
#317 Posted by RimacBugatti (1632 posts) -
I'm assuming troll is the extent of your vocabulary.
#318 Posted by Plo_Koon_basic (799 posts) -
well, trolls all over. :P I got another monitor, and once I get my wall bracket, which should be in a week i'll post some pics. and if you wanted to know, I've picked up a Asus PA248Q, and i'm liking it a lot so far. :)
#319 Posted by Horgen (110931 posts) -
well, trolls all over. :P I got another monitor, and once I get my wall bracket, which should be in a week i'll post some pics. and if you wanted to know, I've picked up a Asus PA248Q, and i'm liking it a lot so far. :)Plo_Koon_basic
I got that or the 246 one. Don't remember atm.
#320 Posted by quikdash6 (467 posts) -
Thank you gentleman for the response. It really brightens my day. Thank you for the compliment sir. :) I will try to post some pictures as soon as possible. I never really focused as much on looks as I did performance. Would I rather have a car that looks like a Bugatti or a car that performs like one. Hmmm... let me think. It's like all the individuals that pretend to have money seemingly don't. Seems to be a trend these days. I commend you guys on these builds they all look really good! :) I had a question in reference to another build that I had been thinking about and was wanting some advice. What is your opinion on the CFI case and the AZZA case? RimacBugatti
Looking forward to the pics. You should also check out the benchmark thread.
#321 Posted by ras2009 (2769 posts) -

My comp,

35d2rdx.jpg

9qbn9f.jpg

#322 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
[QUOTE="quikdash6"]

[QUOTE="kraken2109"]

Blurred a few things, also I'm a student, so my setup isn't ideal :P

Also photos were taken with tablet in poor lighting conditions. Forgive me.

(Right click>view image for full size)

kraken2109

Excuses excuses. jk.

Looks good. I have to ask, what's the story behind the pink elephant or whatever it is?

Girlfriend thought it would be funny to buy it for me.

I was just going to ask lol. Yeah.. I like your setup because it has personality. Not because of the pink elephant but everything else, haha.
#323 Posted by kraken2109 (13211 posts) -
[QUOTE="kraken2109"][QUOTE="quikdash6"]

Excuses excuses. jk.

Looks good. I have to ask, what's the story behind the pink elephant or whatever it is?

Elann2008
Girlfriend thought it would be funny to buy it for me.

I was just going to ask lol. Yeah.. I like your setup because it has personality. Not because of the pink elephant but everything else, haha.

Thanks guys :)
#324 Posted by Xfer_Frenchie (3 posts) -

My comp,

[spoiler]

35d2rdx.jpg

9qbn9f.jpg

[/spoiler]

ras2009

Show us the inside

#325 Posted by ras2009 (2769 posts) -

It's nothing special.. just a budget build

33p4i1k.jpg

Gonna get a new cooler and sort the wires out a little bit soon

3492rsz.jpg

#326 Posted by Plo_Koon_basic (799 posts) -

as promised a few days ago, here is my new dual monitor setup. :) http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y455/ExpI0sioN/12ef08a9-fd75-4bfd-8d53-189d8f0198b1_zpsf905410e.jpg , sorry images are not working.

#327 Posted by darksusperia (6943 posts) -

as promised a few days ago, here is my new dual monitor setup. :)

Plo_Koon_basic
fixed.
#328 Posted by Plo_Koon_basic (799 posts) -
[QUOTE="Plo_Koon_basic"]

as promised a few days ago, here is my new dual monitor setup. :) ]

darksusperia
fixed.

Thanks
#329 Posted by MonsieurX (31581 posts) -
Received all the parts for my parent's rig,I'll update with some pics later :D
#330 Posted by FaustArp (1036 posts) -
Everyone's setups are looking good. :)
#331 Posted by MonsieurX (31581 posts) -
Feel so stupid now...ordered a mini-atx case with a micro-atx mobo
#332 Posted by mitu123 (154609 posts) -

Feel so stupid now...ordered a mini-atx case with a micro-atx moboMonsieurX
:| Good luck with that.

#333 Posted by MonsieurX (31581 posts) -
Oh well,I'll get another case. But I still feel stupid :lol:
#334 Posted by mitu123 (154609 posts) -

Everyone's setups are looking good. :)FaustArp
Agreed!

My Korean monitor is still fine!

#335 Posted by FaustArp (1036 posts) -

[QUOTE="FaustArp"]Everyone's setups are looking good. :)mitu123

Agreed!

I think it will stay fine for a long time to come; I have plenty of friends who have been rocking Korean monitors for quite some time with no issues...

#336 Posted by FaustArp (1036 posts) -

My motherboard died, so I took that opportunity to do some upgrading.

Went with an ASUS Rampage IV Extreme motherboard + i7 3930k + Corsair H100i CPU cooler.  Here is a pic of the inside now, though all you can really see which is new is the H100i:

photorqw.jpg

EDIT - After I posted that pic I noticed the piece of plastic on my mobo and removed it haha.

#337 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (17329 posts) -

I believe the option is called overscan or something similar, you'll have to dig around in the TVs menu until you find it.

Set your resolution to the native resolution of the TV (which is hopefully 1920x1080), before changing the TV settings.

I had to do this for my previous HDTV, but I don't remember doing it for my current one.
C_Rule

If your TV Menu has overscan adjustment or auto-adjustment, I'd use that. If not, Both Catalyst (Overscan option) and Nvidia Control Panel (Scaling) have it. 

#338 Posted by Bikouchu35 (7616 posts) -

[QUOTE="FaustArp"]Everyone's setups are looking good. :)mitu123

Agreed!

Yes those Koreans' are fiinnee... I mean monitors. Still a jelly that is 120hz ips.

#339 Posted by C_Rule (9812 posts) -

Went with an ASUS Rampage IV Extreme motherboard + i7 3930k + Corsair H100i CPU cooler.  Here is a pic of the inside now, though all you can really see which is new is the H100i:

EDIT - After I posted that pic I noticed the piece of plastic on my mobo and removed it haha.

FaustArp
Pic is not working for me. Rampage IV Extreme is a pretty ballin' motherboard, though. What happened to your other motherboard, is it still inside warranty?
#340 Posted by kraken2109 (13211 posts) -
[QUOTE="FaustArp"]

C_Rule
Pic is not working for me. Rampage IV Extreme is a pretty ballin' motherboard, though. What happened to your other motherboard, is it still inside warranty?

Think he said in the other thread he's sold his old CPU and will be selling the RMA replacement motherboard.
#342 Posted by FaustArp (1036 posts) -

[QUOTE="C_Rule"][QUOTE="FaustArp"]

kraken2109

Think he said in the other thread he's sold his old CPU and will be selling the RMA replacement motherboard.

Yep, and I don't see why not...at least recoup a little something...

#343 Posted by mitu123 (154609 posts) -

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="FaustArp"]Everyone's setups are looking good. :)FaustArp

Agreed!

I think it will stay fine for a long time to come; I have plenty of friends who have been rocking Korean monitors for quite some time with no issues...

Oh that's cool, I wonder what brands they are.:P

#344 Posted by mitu123 (154609 posts) -

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="FaustArp"]Everyone's setups are looking good. :)Bikouchu35

Agreed!

Yes those Koreans' are fiinnee... I mean monitors. Still a jelly that is 120hz ips.

Well both are true after all, lol.

#345 Posted by Blicen (1810 posts) -

Just got my Corsair 350D Micro ATX case, heres what it looks like before side panel goes back on. I decided to remove my mechanical HDD to maintain the clean look and keep airflow up, will probably throw it into an external USB 3.0 enclosure.

#346 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
^ So beautiful... the red and black color scheme and I just love the geforce GTX that sticks right out... and that backplate. :-D
#347 Posted by Guppy507 (17398 posts) -

I like the 350D, but I dont agree with the huge side panel window. Who wants to see the ugly drive bays through their side panel?

#348 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

I like the 350D, but I dont agree with the huge side panel window. Who wants to see the ugly drive bays through their side panel?

Guppy507
Agreed. I customized my side panel window (you don't see the drive bays). That's where I hide some cables and wires too lol.
#349 Posted by MuD3 (1434 posts) -
i want a 350D... but can't justify having to replace my motherboard and micro atx doesn't leave much room between cards for sli. i just hope they release something in the same design that accommodates atx but isn't as big as the 650D
#350 Posted by mrmarrero (306 posts) -

i want a 350D... but can't justify having to replace my motherboard and micro atx doesn't leave much room between cards for sli. i just hope they release something in the same design that accommodates atx but isn't as big as the 650DMuD3

Yeah, the 650D is a little big in my opinion. If they would release something just a little more compact. Preferably a case with a lot of room behind the motherboard to route cables...