Showcase your rigs.

#1251 Posted by insane_metalist (6144 posts) -

@horgen123 said:

That's good!

Remind me that I have done all OC on stock voltage on my 680...

IMO that's the way to do it! Unless you don't plan on keeping a card very long. But 780 Ti aren't cheap so raping its living life out of it is not worth it. Specially not now when it's able to get the job done as it is.

#1252 Posted by Horgen (110121 posts) -

@insane_metalist said:

@horgen123 said:

That's good!

Remind me that I have done all OC on stock voltage on my 680...

IMO that's the way to do it! Unless you don't plan on keeping a card very long. But 780 Ti aren't cheap so raping its living life out of it is not worth it. Specially not now when it's able to get the job done as it is.

I'll keep this as long as it let me. When I upgrade I will use this is a physX/folding card until it dies.

#1253 Posted by insane_metalist (6144 posts) -

Preparing for another 780 Ti !

#1254 Edited by insane_metalist (6144 posts) -

Finally nearly complete!

One Reference EVGA 780 Ti

One ACX EVGA 780 Ti

Both Superclocked.

Beautiful cards! Beautiful performance!

Waiting on better SLI bridges (can't find my older ones), waiting on backplates to come in (finally found some). They sell out in a day or two.. kinda ridiculous.

#1255 Edited by Horgen (110121 posts) -

I am sort of jealous :P

You have good enough airflow for two cards?

#1256 Edited by insane_metalist (6144 posts) -

Backplates came in, installed!
I have good enough airflow for these two.

#1257 Edited by The_Animator420 (227 posts) -

I finally decided to take the plunge and build a full water cooling loop. Right now, I only have my cpu connected, but once I get my new GPUs, I will add them to the loop as well.

edit - It won't let me rotate the images for some reason.

#1258 Posted by Horgen (110121 posts) -

Nice to see someone else with water cooling :D

Though a 120mm rad is not enough when you add the GPU to it. :P

Why do corsair not have an AX1050 PSU? It's quite a big jump from 850 to 1200.

#1259 Posted by The_Animator420 (227 posts) -

@horgen123: There is a 420mm rad in the top, 140mm in the back.

When I add the GPUs, I will be adding another 120mm or 140mm, bringing the total to 680mm/700mm total rad space.

#1260 Edited by CWEBB04z (4578 posts) -

@MetalDragon199 said:

Can a new member of the master race pitch in 25 pages in :P

that's a HAF 912 Advanced windowed stuffed with :

i5 4670k

cooler master v6gt cooler (didn't want to buy an air cooler now but couldn't find a stock cooler)

Gigabyte Z87X-D3H

2x4GB corsair vengence 1600 CL9 ramAsus GTX760 DirectCU II OC edition

seagate barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HDD with 64MB cache

seasonic 620W 80plus bronze psu

no optical drive coz i have an external one and don't use it often enough to justify the clutter

and that's a gigabyte Osmium cherry red keyboard and a samsung 23 inch screen with a single hdmi input and a single vga input

inb4 : yes i know i need a mouse and mouse pad and a blue fan to suit the rest of my theme just a bit strapped for cash just dropped all my cash into this thing last december and the money i got last month went on my osmium

ps: picture look horrible i know but i can't find my camera so i used my phone and since the last update i haven't been able to tweak the settings to get a good picture out of that thing coz i don't take a lot of pictures anyway clicking on them opens the full size and kills the artifacts

Yor cpu cooler is awesome. Where did you get it?

#1261 Posted by Horgen (110121 posts) -

You are really prepared for this!

Personally only got a thick 480mm rad. Will get another 240mm I think when I get another GPU in the loop.

#1262 Edited by CWEBB04z (4578 posts) -

Here's mine:

Yes, cable management sucks but oh well, I don't spend a lot of time staring at the inside the tower.

fx8320 with coolermaster cooler
radeon 7850 1GB OC
asus m5a97 r2.0 motherboard
crucial ballistix sport xt 8GB @ 1866 mhz
some cheap dvd drive i bought on ebay for $10

Runs most games at max @ 1920x1080p and does the job.

#1263 Edited by remiks00 (1871 posts) -

@CWEBB04z: He's using http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/v-series/v6gt/ but in blue.

#1264 Edited by insane_metalist (6144 posts) -

@horgen said:

Nice to see someone else with water cooling :D

Though a 120mm rad is not enough when you add the GPU to it. :P

Why do corsair not have an AX1050 PSU? It's quite a big jump from 850 to 1200.

That's what I'm saying! I actually replaced my HX-1050 for AX1200i.

My Extreme6 burned out after 3 months... waste of $175. (After only having it for a little over a month one of my dual channel dimms stopped working). I'm never buying ASRock products again.

I was looking at mobos @ Microcenter and they had bundle deals. I got an MSI Z87 GD65 Gaming with 4770K (only because 4770K cost me $70 while mobo was full price).

I really like this mobo and you can really see the difference in physics between 4670K & 4770K. Although I might sell 4770K since, I got it for so cheap. I have my 4670K starring at me and I want to put him back in my tower..

Also, this dumbass Microcenter employee sold me Windows 8 Pro for $40 (yes, it's brand new). He told me it was Home edition. I open it up and it's Pro! (exactly what I wanted). It seemed like, he felt bad for not having Pro version, so he dropped the price for me that much? It was a good day.

#1265 Posted by Horgen (110121 posts) -

@insane_metalist: You should have gotten your money back if it went that quickly. How well does the 4770K OC compared to the 4670K?

#1266 Posted by Klunt_Bumskrint (3902 posts) -

@insane_metalist: Get those Ti's benched. I'm a teeny bit jealous. :(

I'm curious to see how they compare to mine.

#1267 Edited by The_Animator420 (227 posts) -

I added a 120mm rad and a EVGA 780 Hydro Copper to my rig this morning.

Rads:

420mm (60mm thick)

140mm (60mm thick)

120mm (60mm thick)

Total Rad Space: 680mm

Blocks:

EK Supremacy

EVGA Hydro Copper

D5 pump

XSPC Photon 270 Glass Reservoir

Bitspower Compression Fittins

XSPC FLX Tubing

Mayhems UV Green Dye

#1268 Posted by Cyberdot (3537 posts) -

@MetalDragon199 said:

Can a new member of the master race pitch in 25 pages in :P

that's a HAF 912 Advanced windowed stuffed with :

i5 4670k

cooler master v6gt cooler (didn't want to buy an air cooler now but couldn't find a stock cooler)

Gigabyte Z87X-D3H

2x4GB corsair vengence 1600 CL9 ramAsus GTX760 DirectCU II OC edition

seagate barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HDD with 64MB cache

seasonic 620W 80plus bronze psu

no optical drive coz i have an external one and don't use it often enough to justify the clutter

and that's a gigabyte Osmium cherry red keyboard and a samsung 23 inch screen with a single hdmi input and a single vga input

inb4 : yes i know i need a mouse and mouse pad and a blue fan to suit the rest of my theme just a bit strapped for cash just dropped all my cash into this thing last december and the money i got last month went on my osmium

ps: picture look horrible i know but i can't find my camera so i used my phone and since the last update i haven't been able to tweak the settings to get a good picture out of that thing coz i don't take a lot of pictures anyway clicking on them opens the full size and kills the artifacts

Damn, I really like that CPU cooler. Looks pretty cool.

#1269 Edited by Horgen (110121 posts) -

@The_Animator420 said:

Rads:

420mm (60mm thick)

140mm (60mm thick)

120mm (60mm thick)

Blocks:

EK Supremacy

EVGA Hydro Copper

D5 pump

XSPC FLX Tubing

Mayhems UV Green Dye

And you never have to worry about the temperature on your GPUs again. And the CPU should stay cool as well... But quite possible to heat up if you go up to 1.35 and above on the voltage :P

#1271 Posted by The_Animator420 (227 posts) -

@horgen said:

@The_Animator420 said:

Rads:

420mm (60mm thick)

140mm (60mm thick)

120mm (60mm thick)

Blocks:

EK Supremacy

EVGA Hydro Copper

D5 pump

XSPC FLX Tubing

Mayhems UV Green Dye

And you never have to worry about the temperature on your GPUs again. And the CPU should stay cool as well... But quite possible to heat up if you go up to 1.35 and above on the voltage :P

Everything has stayed pretty damn cool so far. I haven't really pushed it yet though.

CPU at 4.1 idles around 27c and gpu idles at 22-23c. The ambient room temp is 21c. I'll overclock later today and see how it goes.

#1272 Edited by Curlyfrii87 (14947 posts) -

Haven't done any upgrades to my rig in about a year... So when i friend told me he was parting out his rig for a new build i took his evga 580 off his hands for cheap, and threw it in mine for an SLI set up!

#1273 Edited by insane_metalist (6144 posts) -

@horgen said:

@insane_metalist: You should have gotten your money back if it went that quickly. How well does the 4770K OC compared to the 4670K?

I sold 4770K instead since, I got it for dirt cheap! I made over $200 on it. So win, win for me!

Well maybe I'm just having a bad luck with 4770K chips. But.. I got a first 4770K and it was completely dead, took it back and replaced for a new one. Overclocked it, thought I had it stable @ 4.2GHz but nope. I couldn't get it past 3.9GHz on a MSI Z87 GD65 Gaming mobo. I tried everything but the chip just couldn't be stable at all and I was getting lower benchmark scores with it. The only thing I got from it was better physics. So I sold it and am very happy with my 4670K @ 4.4GHz :) I love this chip! I also got a Cooler Master V8 GTS the new CPU cooler (air) and it's a beast! My temps are so much better with it then the Cooler Master Seidon 120V that I had (water). In the end 4770K just isn't for me.. I am very pleased with my 4670K.

@klunt_bumskrint said:

@insane_metalist: Get those Ti's benched. I'm a teeny bit jealous. :(

I'm curious to see how they compare to mine.

780 Ti will always be faster then a 780 because of the bandwidth. These 780 Tis are quiet good overclockers (I've only overclocked em on stock voltage) but I got more out of them then I expected.

I'll have to re overclock my GPUs because my old mobo burned and I installed 8.1 instead of 7. I got a lot of work to do still.

SLI 780 is still a pretty damn badass setup!

You'd take me in benchmarks cuz your CPU is beefier and overclocked higher (your physics scores should be much higher).

Plus, you probably overclocked your 780s to 1.2GHz or 1.3GHz + memory.

I don't plan on going past stock voltage for a while. There's no need for that right now.

#1274 Edited by insane_metalist (6144 posts) -

Replaced mobo (can't believe Z87 Extreme6 only worked for 3 months... So got a MSI Z87 GD65 Gaming and new CPU cooler (I couldn't decide whether to get one of the Noctua's or Cooler Master V8 GTS). In the end I got a V8 GTS and it's the best (Air) CPU cooler I've had so far (amazing temps). Here's that pathetic 4770K that has been sold :) I'm not saying all 4770K chips are pathetic. I believe, I have bad luck with 4770K chips and that specific one is terrible and my very first one was dead...
Here's some progress.
BTW CPU cooler is suppose to blow out of (rear exhaust) but I set it to blow through (top) exhaust. it's better this way. It's actually perfect! I didn't think, I was gonna be able to make it face up. I guess, you can make it face anyway you want.

#1275 Edited by MonsieurX (30219 posts) -

Finally upgrading from 8gb to 16gb,total cost: ~10$

#1276 Edited by Horgen (110121 posts) -

@insane_metalist: That's one hyge aircooler!

@MonsieurX: Ouch, expensive upgrade :P

#1277 Edited by MonsieurX (30219 posts) -

@horgen said:

@MonsieurX: Ouch, expensive upgrade :P

Amazon.com was selling the 16gb kit for 53$ + shipping + import fees + usd to can = 83$. Slower latency and slower speed(1600) but more ram,couldn't pass on that deal!

Trying to sell my 8gb 1833mhz kit for 70$

Edit: Finally sold it for 75$...total of 8$ upgrade for 16gb

#1278 Edited by PinkiePirate (2086 posts) -

Still a work in progress, but I have all the main components.

EVGA Hadron Air mITX Case

500W 80 Plus Gold PSU

ASRock Z87E-ITX Motherboard

8GB Corsair Vengeance

Core i7 4770k @4.0 GHz

EVGA GTX 680 2GB

#1279 Posted by kitty (114729 posts) -

@PinkiePirate said:

500W 80 Plus Gold PSU

8GB Corsair Vengeance

Core i7 4770k @4.0 GHz

EVGA GTX 680 2GB

Looks nice. But please upgrade that cpu cooler, the stock ones don't really do a good job with heat. Other than that, it looks good.

#1280 Edited by PinkiePirate (2086 posts) -

@kitty said:

@PinkiePirate said:

500W 80 Plus Gold PSU

8GB Corsair Vengeance

Core i7 4770k @4.0 GHz

EVGA GTX 680 2GB

Looks nice. But please upgrade that cpu cooler, the stock ones don't really do a good job with heat. Other than that, it looks good.

Thanks. Upgrading the CPU cooler is definitely the next step. I am just looking for a good one that will fit in this case. The temps at 4.0 Ghz under load aren't that bad. And it idles at 27C.

#1281 Posted by remiks00 (1871 posts) -

@PinkiePirate said:

500W 80 Plus Gold PSU

8GB Corsair Vengeance

Core i7 4770k @4.0 GHz

EVGA GTX 680 2GB

I like it! Sleek looking case too.

#1282 Posted by GameBandit8 (66 posts) -

processor fx 8350 4ghz 8 core, amd radeon hd 6870, 8gb ram, 640gb hdd, windows 7 ultimate

#1283 Edited by Klunt_Bumskrint (3902 posts) -

Just dismantled my rig as it had been getting warm as of late.

Here's why.

The Bottom 780 with the shroud off.

Then My CPU cooler

No wonder things were heating up.

The morel of the story is...........

CLEAN YOUR PC OUT REGULARLY!!

#1284 Posted by Horgen (110121 posts) -

@klunt_bumskrint: Dust filters and water cooling... Radiator placed outside the case. I get very little dust in the case, and the radiator is easy to clean... Which I probably should do now since I haven't done it in 3-4 months. :P

#1286 Posted by iamjin01 (6 posts) -

thats a nice rig you have..

#1287 Edited by kille142 (59 posts) -

@insane_metalist said:

holy fuck didnt know this cpu coller was THAT BIG god damn

#1288 Edited by Klunt_Bumskrint (3902 posts) -

Just bought a new mouse

My R.A.T 9 was awesome but the batteries weren't lasting long enough. Wired is best for me.

#1289 Posted by Horgen (110121 posts) -

Looks good... And here I am running a fairly standard Ace mouse :P

#1290 Edited by soolkiki (1765 posts) -

@klunt_bumskrint said:

Just dismantled my rig as it had been getting warm as of late.

Here's why.

The Bottom 780 with the shroud off.

Then My CPU cooler

No wonder things were heating up.

The morel of the story is...........

CLEAN YOUR PC OUT REGULARLY!!

I just cleaned mine out yesterday! :) I have filters on all of my fans, so it keeps the vast majority of dust out. I DO need to clean my GPU. It's looking a little rough. Otherwise, I just clean out my filters about every 1- 1 1/2 months.

#1291 Posted by Horgen (110121 posts) -

Had my first small leak in my custom loop today... Luckily it was from a nipple connected to the reservoir which is attached to the outside of the case.

#1292 Edited by MushroomWig (11638 posts) -

Sure, why not.

#1294 Posted by Curlyfrii87 (14947 posts) -

@horgen said:

Had my first small leak in my custom loop today... Luckily it was from a nipple connected to the reservoir which is attached to the outside of the case.

How long have you had your loop running?

#1295 Edited by Horgen (110121 posts) -

@Curlyfrii87 said:

@horgen said:

10 months or so...Since July or so last year.

Do note that I've moved twice in that time period and move the computer around more...

#1296 Edited by kraken2109 (13051 posts) -

@MushroomWig said:

Sure, why not.

What mic is that? Looks like an SM58 but then again so do many!

#1297 Posted by MushroomWig (11638 posts) -

@kraken2109 said:

@MushroomWig said:

Sure, why not.

What mic is that? Looks like an SM58 but then again so do many!

It sure is!

#1298 Edited by Curlyfrii87 (14947 posts) -

@horgen said:

@Curlyfrii87 said:

@horgen said:

10 months or so...Since July or so last year.

Do note that I've moved twice in that time period and move the computer around more...

Well, that's probably what did it then lol.

I've been thinking of going back to a custom loop. (Using H100 only right now) i had a custom loop on my previous build, and i miss the lower temps on my OC'd graphics cards. (I live in south US)

But that loop sprang a leak on me after about a year and killed my graphics card, so I've been hesitant.

#1299 Edited by ShadowsDemon (10136 posts) -

@The_Animator420: Those green tubes....I be jelly. :P

#1300 Edited by Onlyher23 (10 posts) -

New Rig I built recently...still not done! Planning to upgrade to a R9 290, and buy a Qnix 27inch! But so far i'm very pleased with my set up :)

R9270x

24inch Asus

i5 3.2ghz

Z87X HD3

1TB Western Digital Black

Corsair 650 TX