Showcase your rigs.

#1201 Posted by Horgen (110434 posts) -

@horgen123 said:

Damn it. I moved the radiator to my LC loop and now I have managed to get the air that used to be in the reservoir is somewhere else in the loop :(

I think I have fixed this problem now. Put the radiator on the floor and started it up again. Within seconds all the air, well most at least, moved back into the reservoir. :D

#1202 Edited by Cyberdot (3873 posts) -

@Postmortem123 said:

@Cyberdot said:

Nice, I have the same case, but I got a side panel from a HAF X (yes, it fits on that case) to allow me to see the innards more due to larger window. It has some sort of dust filter on the fan - my rig is taking a lot less dust than it was with the original side panel.

Yeah my case and fans get super dusty, that's the only thing I dislike about it. Is the new fan louder?

Nope.

#1203 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22174 posts) -

@horgen123 said:

@TheShadowLord07 said:

Let me think. corsair h80, gigabyte ga z77x ud3h, kingston 120gb ssd, samsung 1tb, seasonic 750 psu, evga gtx 670 4gb, logitech z506, samsung 23 inch tv/monitor hybrid, logitech g110

Honestly I kinda regret the gpu, its fine and all, but it only has a two year warranty. And... I am not sure if I could get a new one anytime soon. I manly bought for skyrim, but maybe the witcher 3 could take an advantage of its 4gb of its memory. I do like samsung monitor though because I plug in a console to it when ever i get one. It was kind of my main reason of getting it. even though ips monitors look nice.

I assume you got a Ivy Bridge, i5 or i7 in there as well then... I am running a similar set-up but with a 2GB GTX 680. It's a good set-up imo.

@Soltane_Eshgh20 said:

my new friends arrived :D

That should run games well enough!

ha, i didn't knew i forgot something. it's an i5 3570k. Neither of the gpu nor cpu is overclock yet. even though i had the rig for almost two years

#1204 Posted by kitty (114948 posts) -

@TheShadowLord07 said:

@horgen123 said:

@TheShadowLord07 said:

Let me think. corsair h80, gigabyte ga z77x ud3h, kingston 120gb ssd, samsung 1tb, seasonic 750 psu, evga gtx 670 4gb, logitech z506, samsung 23 inch tv/monitor hybrid, logitech g110

Honestly I kinda regret the gpu, its fine and all, but it only has a two year warranty. And... I am not sure if I could get a new one anytime soon. I manly bought for skyrim, but maybe the witcher 3 could take an advantage of its 4gb of its memory. I do like samsung monitor though because I plug in a console to it when ever i get one. It was kind of my main reason of getting it. even though ips monitors look nice.

I assume you got a Ivy Bridge, i5 or i7 in there as well then... I am running a similar set-up but with a 2GB GTX 680. It's a good set-up imo.

@Soltane_Eshgh20 said:

my new friends arrived :D

That should run games well enough!

ha, i didn't knew i forgot something. it's an i5 3570k. Neither of the gpu nor cpu is overclock yet. even though i had the rig for almost two years

If it runs games at your liking, why OC? :P But I figure you will at some point, no sense in having a K model cpu, if you don't ever do it. :P

#1205 Posted by kitty (114948 posts) -

Will I ever get cpu z to work right? Or does it simply hate me lol?
Look at my core voltage.

http://i.imgur.com/1oiI5wd.png

#1206 Posted by Horgen (110434 posts) -

@2ndwonder: You shouldn't have trouble with heat when the voltage is that low at 4.4GHz :P

@TheShadowLord07: Same processor as I am running D= :D

#1207 Edited by kitty (114948 posts) -

@horgen123 : lol. :P Well it was idling at 20c this morning.

Right now I have it at 1.25v dunno if thats too high. I've tried lower, like down to 1.18v. She posts, but crashes about 30 mins into prime. Maybe I'll find that magic number if I keep trying. it also posts with this same voltage at 4.5, but haven't tested it yet. If cpu z would work right, it would make things a lot easier for me :P

#1208 Posted by Horgen (110434 posts) -

@2ndwonder said:

Right now I have it at 1.25v dunno if thats too high. I've tried lower, like down to 1.18v. She posts, but crashes about 30 mins into prime. Maybe I'll find that magic number if I keep trying. it also posts with this same voltage at 4.5, but haven't tested it yet. If cpu z would work right, it would make things a lot easier for me :P

I think 1.250 for 4.4 is ok. The temperature is important.

Personally I shall maybe try to find the correct voltage for 4.5 on mine in Easter. Did some testing today and with offset at +0.075 which is enough to pass Intel Burn Test at very high with a max temp of 65C according to HWmonitor. I have to re-seat the block on the CPU though and correct the backplate a little. With that I hope to bring down the temperature about 3-5C... With my testing the lowest core was still at 58C or so. I hope to bring all closer to that number.

#1209 Edited by kitty (114948 posts) -

@horgen123 said:

@2ndwonder said:

I think 1.250 for 4.4 is ok. The temperature is important.

Personally I shall maybe try to find the correct voltage for 4.5 on mine in Easter. Did some testing today and with offset at +0.075 which is enough to pass Intel Burn Test at very high with a max temp of 65C according to HWmonitor. I have to re-seat the block on the CPU though and correct the backplate a little. With that I hope to bring down the temperature about 3-5C... With my testing the lowest core was still at 58C or so. I hope to bring all closer to that number.

Okay. Just wanted to know. Postmortem123 said anything up to 1.35 is okay, though dunno if I'd try that high. I reached a max of 88c, but it was pretty hot yesterday. That was the same I reached when I tested 4.5. Gaming wise, I barely crack 60c.

I'd like to get to 4.5 though I'd happily take 4.4. You'll have to tell me a bit about this voltage offset. It's in my bios, but I have other options to. I'm using an adaptive voltage settings. It will either go up or down, based on if it needs it or not.60c would be nice. My lowest one is always 5c lower. This is certainly different from my last cpu. But what you have to will take some time, I hope you can get that done soon.

Just figured out something. The ENB thing I activate before opening skyrim fixes the voltage issue on cpu -z, during the duration I have it on.

#1210 Posted by Horgen (110434 posts) -

@2ndwonder said:

Okay. Just wanted to know. Postmortem123 said anything up to 1.35 is okay, though dunno if I'd try that high. I reached a max of 88c, but it was pretty hot yesterday. That was the same I reached when I tested 4.5. Gaming wise, I barely crack 60c.

I'd like to get to 4.5 though I'd happily take 4.4. You'll have to tell me a bit about this voltage offset. It's in my bios, but I have other options to. I'm using an adaptive voltage settings. It will either go up or down, based on if it needs it or not.60c would be nice. My lowest one is always 5c lower. This is certainly different from my last cpu. But what you have to will take some time, I hope you can get that done soon.

Just figured out something. The ENB thing I activate before opening skyrim fixes the voltage issue on cpu -z, during the duration I have it on.

I hope to stay under 70C at 4.5... Though it seems I need 1.31 or so for it to be fully stable. Unless changing the LLC setting can help there. Or another setting.

#1211 Posted by kitty (114948 posts) -

@horgen123 said:

I hope to stay under 70C at 4.5... Though it seems I need 1.31 or so for it to be fully stable. Unless changing the LLC setting can help there. Or another setting.

You should be able to. Unless the spring and summer months are really hot? That isn't bad is it? I know you've had your chip for awhile. I'm still learning so I couldn't suggest anything, although I'd like to help you. I've seen my core voltage peak at 1.256. I'd like to shoot for under 1.3 if I got to 4.5.

#1212 Posted by Horgen (110434 posts) -

@2ndwonder: so far it has peaked at 1.296, afraid I do need to bump it up higher, inwhich case I think I will end up at 1.312 or so.

#1213 Posted by kitty (114948 posts) -

@horgen123 said:

@2ndwonder: so far it has peaked at 1.296, afraid I do need to bump it up higher, inwhich case I think I will end up at 1.312 or so.

Let me know how temps are. I'm curious about those as I may want to do the same as you in the future. :)

#1214 Edited by insane_metalist (6639 posts) -

Bought my first Noctua and I am pretty impressed with it! It's very silent and and moves an amazing amount of airflow. It's pretty pricey for a single fan but it was worth it.I knew, it was too big for me to fit it in the back as my exhaust but I wanted to do some change for a little bit now so moved my radiator to the front and put a Noctua on it & as surprising as it is Noctua dropped my temps by 12C. My eyes almost popped out when I saw that lol.. I'm gonna have to buy another one for push/pull. Changes ^^

#1215 Posted by Klunt_Bumskrint (4312 posts) -

@2ndwonder said:

@horgen123 said:

You should be able to. Unless the spring and summer months are really hot? That isn't bad is it? I know you've had your chip for awhile. I'm still learning so I couldn't suggest anything, although I'd like to help you. I've seen my core voltage peak at 1.256. I'd like to shoot for under 1.3 if I got to 4.5.

@ 4.5GHz I was @ 1.240v and temp were cucumber cool, to get 4.7 stable I had to bump up to 1.356v.

Still stays nice n cool though

#1216 Posted by CWEBB04z (4622 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

Not sure if I contributed to this thread yet or not. Anyways here it is...

Specs:

• i7 3770k @4.2 gHZ
  • 16 gb DDR3 RAM
  • 2x GTX 570 1.2gb
  • Windows 7 64 bit professional

I just bought a CPU cooler at Microcenter that looks just like yours.

#1217 Edited by Wasdie (50488 posts) -

@CWEBB04z said:

Doesn't surprise me. It was the most popular Cool Masters I could find on newegg. It does its job well. Overclocked to 4.2 ghz on air (up from 3.8ghz) without any problems.

#1218 Posted by kitty (114948 posts) -
@Wasdie said:

@CWEBB04z said:

Doesn't surprise me. It was the most popular Cool Masters I could find on newegg. It does its job well. Overclocked to 4.2 ghz on air (up from 3.8ghz) without any problems.

You could probably go even higher. I could probably hit 4.6 on mine.

#1219 Posted by Horgen (110434 posts) -

@2ndwonder said:

@horgen123 said:

Let me know how temps are. I'm curious about those as I may want to do the same as you in the future. :)

And now I got it stable I think... Well I did pass almost 19 hours on Prime95 before I stopped it, and 65C as highest during Intel Burn test.

#1220 Edited by insane_metalist (6639 posts) -

Cut the bottom out. Now there's a bottom window.

#1221 Posted by Horgen (110434 posts) -

If only we could see that.

#1222 Edited by insane_metalist (6639 posts) -

@horgen123 said:

If only we could see that.

See what..?
I know my phone takes bad quality pics.. I need to find my camera.

#1223 Posted by Horgen (110434 posts) -

I think I misunderstood what you had done. You made a new window in the side panel to the case, a lower one? I understood it as you had made a window in the bottom where the PSU is. Like under it. :P

#1225 Posted by district_11 (6 posts) -

#1226 Posted by Horgen (110434 posts) -

Some specs would be nice.

#1227 Posted by insane_metalist (6639 posts) -
@horgen123 said:

I think I misunderstood what you had done. You made a new window in the side panel to the case, a lower one? I understood it as you had made a window in the bottom where the PSU is. Like under it. :P

Yeah :P I cut the "bottom side window" out.
I bought that SSD, I was talking about.
I've been wanting this for a while! But always bought some other parts.
I'm really enjoying this performance & 10 sec boot ups are so nice!

#1228 Posted by Horgen (110434 posts) -

@insane_metalist: Nice. 240GB is also enough to a few games. I got a 120GB one myself for OS and a few other programs only. Those that are launched on start-up mostly.

#1229 Edited by MetalDragon199 (190 posts) -

Can a new member of the master race pitch in 25 pages in :P

that's a HAF 912 Advanced windowed stuffed with :
i5 4670k

cooler master v6gt cooler (didn't want to buy an air cooler now but couldn't find a stock cooler)
Gigabyte Z87X-D3H
2x4GB corsair vengence 1600 CL9 ramAsus GTX760 DirectCU II OC edition
seagate barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HDD with 64MB cache

seasonic 620W 80plus bronze psu

no optical drive coz i have an external one and don't use it often enough to justify the clutter

and that's a gigabyte Osmium cherry red keyboard and a samsung 23 inch screen with a single hdmi input and a single vga input

inb4 : yes i know i need a mouse and mouse pad and a blue fan to suit the rest of my theme just a bit strapped for cash just dropped all my cash into this thing last december and the money i got last month went on my osmium

ps: picture look horrible i know but i can't find my camera so i used my phone and since the last update i haven't been able to tweak the settings to get a good picture out of that thing coz i don't take a lot of pictures anyway clicking on them opens the full size and kills the artifacts

#1230 Posted by insane_metalist (6639 posts) -

@horgen123 said:

@insane_metalist: Nice. 240GB is also enough to a few games. I got a 120GB one myself for OS and a few other programs only. Those that are launched on start-up mostly.

I got it for OS, boots up in just about 10 seconds! I got 1.4TB for games and 1TB for music, videos editing and everything else.
Crucial ones are actually not expensive and I trust Crucial (pretty good brand). Take a look @ these prices!

#1231 Posted by kitty (114948 posts) -

@horgen123 said:

@2ndwonder said:

@horgen123 said:

And now I got it stable I think... Well I did pass almost 19 hours on Prime95 before I stopped it, and 65C as highest during Intel Burn test.

Nice. make sure you remember the voltage, in case you change it. 65c isn't that bad. I'm idling at 28c and my highest according to real temp (when gaming) was 63c.
My lowest temps was 16c :P

#1232 Posted by Horgen (110434 posts) -

Well I am running it at that speed now. Not because I need too, but because I can :P

Core 0 is always coolest. In this case it got as low as 5C... Which I think is 9C lower than possible. The GPU idles at room temp +1 I think.

Usually the CPU idles in the low to mid 20's C.

#1233 Posted by soolkiki (1776 posts) -

@horgen123 said:

Well I am running it at that speed now. Not because I need too, but because I can :P

Core 0 is always coolest. In this case it got as low as 5C... Which I think is 9C lower than possible. The GPU idles at room temp +1 I think.

That's awesome you were able to get it to go that low! I'm idling around 25C right now. :) I love cold computers!

#1234 Edited by Horgen (110434 posts) -

@soolkiki said:

@horgen123 said:

That's awesome you were able to get it to go that low! I'm idling around 25C right now. :) I love cold computers!

I just have to open the window and it will fall down to that. Though not for long, spring is here, I assume the low 20's will be the lowest I will get until fall again.

#1235 Posted by Horgen (110434 posts) -

Sorry for double posting... But just reached 0C as lowest temperature on one core :D

#1236 Edited by soolkiki (1776 posts) -

@horgen123 said:

Sorry for double posting... But just reached 0C as lowest temperature on one core :D

O.o That's crazy, man! What is your temp outside?! Or inside for that matter!

#1237 Edited by Horgen (110434 posts) -

@soolkiki said:

@horgen123 said:

A few minus outside during the night. Leave the window open over night. Next winter I will aim for -10C. It's a small room and a small window in the basement. :P

Edit: When it comes to getting the temperature below 10C, I think the sensors are acting up. My GPU doesn't go below 11C even if the coldest CPU core goes down to 0C... They are cooled by the same LC loop.

#1238 Posted by soolkiki (1776 posts) -

@horgen123 said:

@soolkiki said:

@horgen123 said:

A few minus outside during the night. Leave the window open over night. Next winter I will aim for -10C. It's a small room and a small window in the basement. :P

Edit: When it comes to getting the temperature below 10C, I think the sensors are acting up. My GPU doesn't go below 11C even if the coldest CPU core goes down to 0C... They are cooled by the same LC loop.

haha you'll definitely have to take pics of that when you get the chance. And I suppose I'll just have to take your word for it when it comes to your GPU temps. :P

#1239 Posted by insane_metalist (6639 posts) -

Sold both of my 760s to a friend, picked this up on sale :)

#1240 Edited by Horgen (110434 posts) -

@soolkiki said:

haha you'll definitely have to take pics of that when you get the chance. And I suppose I'll just have to take your word for it when it comes to your GPU temps. :P

Oh I will... If I remember it... Gonna be 7 months or so before it is something to think about again. =/

@insane_metalist said:

Sweet. They are about as powerful as the 760 SLI you had I think.

#1241 Posted by insane_metalist (6639 posts) -

@horgen123 said:

@soolkiki said:

Oh I will... If I remember it... Gonna be 7 months or so before it is something to think about again. =/

@insane_metalist said:

Sweet. They are about as powerful as the 760 SLI you had I think.

They are, I benched it and it's about the same when I had my 760s OC'd to 7200mhz mem compared to a stock SC 780 Ti. Only reason I did it was because vram was starting to be an issue in few games and I want to SLI it later on. 3-way SLI 760s is kinda pointless, you know? (plus. I sold em for very good price and got a 780 Ti on an awesome sale!). I'm excited to OC it though and see what happens :)

#1242 Posted by MdBrOtha04 (1824 posts) -

I'm very happy with the cable management. Specs are in my signature. The GPU out of the box benches above GTX Titan. I have it overclocked to 1080MHZ base. Boost to over 1210MHZ

#1243 Posted by Horgen (110434 posts) -

Looks great, but to be honest I hate the colour of the inside of your case. :P

@insane_metalist said:

They are, I benched it and it's about the same when I had my 760s OC'd to 7200mhz mem compared to a stock SC 780 Ti. Only reason I did it was because vram was starting to be an issue in few games and I want to SLI it later on. 3-way SLI 760s is kinda pointless, you know? (plus. I sold em for very good price and got a 780 Ti on an awesome sale!). I'm excited to OC it though and see what happens :)

Yeah that is kinda pointless. Plus SLI 780Ti is way more powerful than tri-SLI 760s. And slightly more expensive I think :P

#1244 Posted by insane_metalist (6639 posts) -

@horgen123 said:

Looks great, but to be honest I hate the colour of the inside of your case. :P

@insane_metalist said:

Yeah that is kinda pointless. Plus SLI 780Ti is way more powerful than tri-SLI 760s. And slightly more expensive I think :P

Indeed! To my surprise this 780 Ti is overclocking quiet amazingly! A lot better then my 760s did.
That's why I'm gonna wait until I buy another 780 Ti. I'll wait for a price drop, I'm not in a hurry. It'll be worth it :)

#1245 Posted by Horgen (110434 posts) -

How is the memory OCing on it? And core?

I think one of the reviewers at OC3D OC'ed the memory on a 290X up from 5GHz up to 6.4 or 6.6GHz... Had a bandwidth at over 420GB/s

#1246 Edited by insane_metalist (6639 posts) -

@horgen123 said:

I think one of the reviewers at OC3D OC'ed the memory on a 290X up from 5GHz up to 6.4 or 6.6GHz... Had a bandwidth at over 420GB/s

I'm only OCing on stock voltage. But on stock voltage I managed to get 125 on the core and 7600mhz memory. If I only overclock memory on stock voltage, I get 8300 or 8400mhz, I believe.

#1247 Posted by MdBrOtha04 (1824 posts) -

@horgen123:

Its a Coolermaster HAF 932 from 2009. All of their newer ones are all black inside.

#1248 Posted by Horgen (110434 posts) -

@insane_metalist said:

@horgen123 said:

I'm only OCing on stock voltage. But on stock voltage I managed to get 125 on the core and 7600mhz memory. If I only overclock memory on stock voltage, I get 8300 or 8400mhz, I believe.

Stock voltage but increased power draw limit?

@MdBrOtha04 said:

@horgen123:

Its a Coolermaster HAF 932 from 2009. All of their newer ones are all black inside.

Still a good case then I believe.

#1249 Posted by insane_metalist (6639 posts) -

@horgen123: Yes Sir! I love how well it overclocks!

#1250 Posted by Horgen (110434 posts) -

That's good!

Remind me that I have done all OC on stock voltage on my 680...