Showcase your rigs.

#1101 Posted by Gaming-Planet (13998 posts) -

@Gaming-Planet said:

Just built it today. Don't make fun my stock cooler and GPU. They're temporary. Have a lot more to add, like an SSD, H100i, GTX 760, and some sleeved cables.

That looks like a beast of a GPU.

Is it an Asus mobo?

Yes. M5A99FX Pro R2.0

The UEFI BIOS is sweet.

#1102 Edited by frankopan (186 posts) -
#1103 Edited by skinntech (415 posts) -

Pulled my old cpu block (dangerden m6) and found a cavity in it, must have had some impurities in the copper. So I replaced the M6 with a koolance 380I and replaced the 7950 with a 290x. The 290x got a Ek nickel full block and I decided to replace the fans, I still plan on making shrouds for the exposed UV cathodes. All in all I think I'm done for a while, I'm trying to talk some photography students into taking better shots. By the way if anyone plans on cooling with EK coolant red, don't. When I drained this system I found some buildup and it was not plasticizing, it was the dye building up all over the fins of the cpu block.

#1104 Edited by Horgen (110075 posts) -

That's why you don't use dyes(or dies??? sp?) in the cooling liquid. You have a total 480mm radiator space right? How is the temperature on the 290X with LC?

#1105 Posted by skinntech (415 posts) -

@horgen123: I've never had the dye buildup with fesser 1. I wouldn't say all dyes do this, ek red does unfortunately. Not all dyes are bad and I don't mind doing a little experimentation to find out. Plus it just looks so good. Any way my processor idles around 30 - 31 Celsius on the hottest core and hits 60-65 during prime95. The gpu idles @ 31 Celsius, it'll hit 38 during battlefield. I am a firm believer in air boxes and xspc radiators.

#1106 Posted by Cyberdot (3519 posts) -

well lets see how these fair in CF (Note* I didn't pay for this got it free, so I'm not fussing)

Sorry about the horrible pic quality, I blame the vita.

I'm so jelly!

I would love to get that thing for free.

#1107 Posted by Cyberdot (3519 posts) -

Dat LED lighting.

Very nice.

#1108 Posted by Horgen (110075 posts) -

@horgen123: I've never had the dye buildup with fesser 1. I wouldn't say all dyes do this, ek red does unfortunately. Not all dyes are bad and I don't mind doing a little experimentation to find out. Plus it just looks so good. Any way my processor idles around 30 - 31 Celsius on the hottest core and hits 60-65 during prime95. The gpu idles @ 31 Celsius, it'll hit 38 during battlefield. I am a firm believer in air boxes and xspc radiators.

Which CPU and GPU?

My 3570K went up to 58C last time I used IntelBurntest on very high settings... GPU (GTX 680) has never been above 45C during furmark test with the powerlimit set to max... 132% or so.

My CPU temperature I think I can get even lower, but I need to re-seat the water block. Haven't had time to do so yet.

#1109 Edited by mdraven (33 posts) -

@dallers:

COol rig . I always loved the small beasts , and the medium and the ultra towers . but i think the haff stacker stinks , you should know when to draw the line . but your rig is cool and clean

#1110 Posted by kitty (114616 posts) -

@Cyberdot said:

@2ndwonder said:

well lets see how these fair in CF (Note* I didn't pay for this got it free, so I'm not fussing)

Sorry about the horrible pic quality, I blame the vita.

I'm so jelly!

I would love to get that thing for free.

:P I'm liking it so far. There is quite the notable difference in card sizes. My sapphire one doesn't come close to the length of the MSI one.
Games are running smooth and at 60fps most times. One game so far worried me a bit, and that was Sleeping Dogs on extreme (with the texture pack). It ran smooth, so that wasn't the problem. But my top card hit 92c. So I turned it down to the next highest setting and it never passed 70c. So I was fine with that and game still looked pretty good. Other than that, no complaints from me. :)

#1111 Edited by Jd1680a (5930 posts) -

@frankopan: Your computer case is just huge. How much does it weigh?

#1112 Edited by insane_metalist (5992 posts) -

AMD FX-8120 @ 4.0GHz
ASUS M5M97 970
8GB DDR3 @ 1600mhz
GTX 560 TI
EVGA ATX 600W
SilverStone Argon AR02 Sink
1TB Seagate Barracuda
Windows 7 Ultimate

#1113 Posted by Horgen (110075 posts) -

@2ndwonder: Can you increase fan speed on the fron intake fans? That could help with the temperature on the top card.

@insane_metalist: Looks good. How is the 560Ti holding up?

#1115 Edited by insane_metalist (5992 posts) -

@insane_metalist: Looks good. How is the 560Ti holding up?

Pretty good, had to make custom x3 fans cuz only original one went out. Although I want to upgrade pretty soon here to a 2gb or 3gb card. Any recommendations? Trying to stay around $200-$250 price range. Hoping to see some good Christmas sales.

#1116 Edited by Horgen (110075 posts) -

I think 760 or R280(X) is within that price range.

#1117 Edited by insane_metalist (5992 posts) -

@horgen123 said:

I think 760 or R280(X) is within that price range.

I saw 760 for $150 the day after black friday at best buy.. of course that was the day I didn't have the money for it.. I doubt, I'll see one for that price anytime soon..

#1118 Posted by insane_metalist (5992 posts) -

Got myself an early Christmas present!

#1119 Posted by Horgen (110075 posts) -

Congrats! Now do yourself a favour and bench it. Post the score in the benching thread!

#1120 Posted by insane_metalist (5992 posts) -

thank you! will do! i'm guessing it will be around 7500 with 560 ti it was at 4700 and the card was clocked pretty badly.

#1121 Edited by Horgen (110075 posts) -

It won't get 7500 in Firestrike... You have to OC it to way above the 680 to get that.

Edit: Tried FarCry 3 yesterday. I can't get a stable 60 fps at what I assume is ultra(or whatever optimal set it too) at my 1200P monitor. :( It's factory overclocked 50Mhz on the core. Guess I will have to bump it up another 50 or so to do it.

#1122 Posted by insane_metalist (5992 posts) -

It won't get 7500 in Firestrike... You have to OC it to way above the 680 to get that.

Edit: Tried FarCry 3 yesterday. I can't get a stable 60 fps at what I assume is ultra(or whatever optimal set it too) at my 1200P monitor. :( It's factory overclocked 50Mhz on the core. Guess I will have to bump it up another 50 or so to do it.

I was talking about 3DMark11 and I was right, I got 7500.

Far Cry 3 looks pretty amazing, I'd imagine it wouldn't be easy to max it. I haven't played it yet.

#1123 Edited by Innovazero2000 (3136 posts) -

AMD FX 8320 (8 Core Piledriver)

Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Cooler

Asus M5A97 LE R2.0

4GB Corsair XMS3 1600mhz

2GB Radeon HD 7870 Ghz Edition

600w OCX ModXStream PSU

Windows 7 Pro

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

52" Philips 5xxx series LCD

Polk Audio TSI 300s with CSR Center

Denon AVR-1612

Dayton Audio Sub-1200 (12")

Sunfire True Sub Mark I (10")

#1124 Edited by Horgen (110075 posts) -

@horgen123 said:

I was talking about 3DMark11 and I was right, I got 7500.

Far Cry 3 looks pretty amazing, I'd imagine it wouldn't be easy to max it. I haven't played it yet.

Ah, we use just 3DMark in that thread, not 3Dmark11.

FC3 looks pretty and is a bit hard to run yes :P

#1125 Edited by 404FredNotFound (79 posts) -

Well here is an update on mine just acquire a 20" to go with my 30", still missing another 20", witch I will acquire soon hopefully. Sry for the bad shot can't find my Camera, so cellphone will do.

Edit: Finally found my camera, here we go some decent photos.

#1126 Posted by quikdash6 (419 posts) -

Well here is an update on mine just acquire a 20" to go with my 30", still missing another 20", witch I will acquire soon hopefully. Sry for the bad shot can't find my Camera, so cellphone will do.

Love the monitor mounting and the simplicity. Once I'm able to get a separate room to do a setup I plan on mounting the monitors (and possibly a TV) and going with a black and white theme desk space. Just not sure if I want to go with a white or black desk top. I know the black will show dust a lot.

#1127 Posted by Sweetbackhair (1926 posts) -

My only gripe is there how close the bed is to the desk.

#1128 Posted by 404FredNotFound (79 posts) -

@404FredNotFound said:

Love the monitor mounting and the simplicity. Once I'm able to get a separate room to do a setup I plan on mounting the monitors (and possibly a TV) and going with a black and white theme desk space. Just not sure if I want to go with a white or black desk top. I know the black will show dust a lot.

Yeah I love black and white, my only problem is I have to clean my bench at least once a week since it gatherers allot of dust, the table itself is just fine.

@404FredNotFound said:

I like it like that plus I can hide all my boxes and crap that way, out of sight out of mind. =)

#1129 Posted by Sweetbackhair (1926 posts) -

@Sweetbackhair said:

@404FredNotFound said:

I like it like that plus I can hide all my boxes and crap that way, out of sight out of mind. =)

Hide all the nudie magazines I see...;)

#1130 Edited by 404FredNotFound (79 posts) -

Why? I have no need for that I have The Internet, no need for physical magazines. 8D

Edit:

Photos Updated, found the dam camera.... Just Look Up ^

#1131 Edited by Sweetbackhair (1926 posts) -

I really love the setup man! (Probably behind the camera is full of clothes and junk you just pushed aside :P)

#1132 Edited by Boxxxed (7 posts) -

http://i.imgur.com/sv9AXQU.jpg

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/cstR5Pg.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/JCtZ7mV.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/fuxrkW5.jpg[/IMG]

#1133 Posted by 404FredNotFound (79 posts) -

I really love the setup man! (Probably behind the camera is full of clothes and junk you just pushed aside :P)

Nope I'm a freak I need tidiness, sad but true....

#1134 Edited by joanxtb (14 posts) -

Well, hello everybody.

This is my gaming room:

From left to right (Top to bottom): Tv, Directv, Xbox 360, Playstation 3, Dual Monitor, Razer Nostromo, Microsoft Keyboard, Rat 7, Roccat Sense Mousepad, RIG (Explained lower in this post), Creative Soundblaster World of Warcraft Edition Headphones, Ipad, ASUS TR-N65R Router, Games.

RIG:

• Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout 1
  • Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990fx TUF
  • Video Card: ASUS Geforce GTX 660
  • CPU: Vischera AMD FX 8350 8-Core Processor Black Edicion
  • Power source: Cooler Master EX2 Extreme 625
  • HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200 rpm 1TB
  • RAM: Corsair Vengance DDR3 8GB (x2) (Red)
  • Cooling System: Cooler Master V6 Muscle Cooling

#1135 Edited by SaintSatan (620 posts) -

My laptop, an Alienware 18.4 inch with dual GTX 780m 4GB SLI. More than twice as powerful as the average gaming laptop and about as powerful as a desktop GTX Titan.

#1136 Edited by quikdash6 (419 posts) -

That's a pretty beast laptop. I bet it cost a pretty penny too.

#1137 Posted by Byshop (11215 posts) -

Obutto R3volution Cockpit (four out of the five boxes)

Final product. Three Dell u2711b IPS monitors.

Machine specs:

Intel i7-3770k @ 4.2ghz with Corsair H60 Water Cooler
16GB RAM
Gigabyte G1 Sniper 3 Quad SLI board
Sapphire Radeon HD 7990
Geforce GTX 650 (hybrid PhysX)
Three Dell U2711b 27" 2560x1440 monitors running via miniDP to DP
"Fourth" monitor is a miniDP adapter to HDMI running over an HDMI extension to a second room with a Yamaha receiver and a Mitsubishi HC7900DW 1080P Active 3D Projector so the one gaming rig can game on this cockpit or on an 80" screen.
Logitech G27 Force Feedback wheel with sequential shifter and three pedal base mounted on swappable mounting hardware for teh cockpit
Altec Lansing AC48 2.1 speakers
Obutto R3volution Gaming Cockpit with optional flightstick mount, dual acrylic tables/VESA mounts, and optional triple monitor mount

The full album is located here:

http://sdrv.ms/19OXN2J

-Byshop

#1138 Edited by Byshop (11215 posts) -

Espon Duet 80" Screen. It's a portable screen that can wall mount. It's slick because unlike normal projector screens it opens horizontally. This room is the "fourth" monitor for the PC in the other room that drives the Obutto cockpit. I recently replaced the projector with a Mistibushi HC7900DW active 3D DLP projector (the one pictured here is the old HC5500). I also run a USB extender into this room with a wireless logitech KB/Mouse and a wireless 360 controller. When I game, i can alternate between the cockpit for three monitor gaming or this room for a single 80" screen.

Then there's the custom built arcade machine. A gutted Gauntlet Legends cabinet that has had its guts replaced with a Core2Duo q6600 and another GTX650. I replaced the monitor with a Wells Gardner d9400 27" commercial CRT monitor. I built a custom control board from monsterarcades and I have an Ultimarc ipad to convert the Happ buttons and stick into keyboard input. I have a trackball for mouse movement. I also picked up a couple of lightguns but I haven't put the effort into getting them to work.

Also included (but not pictured) is an Alienware M17x dual 5870s 17" gaming laptop and a 920xm cpu and an MSI GS70 Stealth 17" gaming laptop. The MSI is a replacement for the Alienware which I plan on selling soon.

So excluding the massive pedestal of consoles, that pretty much covers it.

-Byshop

#1139 Edited by Klunt_Bumskrint (3713 posts) -

@Byshop: Can I come and play at your house?

#1140 Posted by Horgen (110075 posts) -
#1141 Edited by Sweetbackhair (1926 posts) -

Love the mancave Byshop!

#1142 Edited by kraken2109 (13010 posts) -

One day I'll have a man-cave like that.

One day...

#1143 Posted by soolkiki (1755 posts) -

Byshop, that is one incredible man-cave!!

#1144 Posted by Horgen (110075 posts) -

I know now what I should include if I build my own house one day.

#1145 Posted by Byshop (11215 posts) -

Thanks guys.

The photos are a combination of the old house and the new house (the wood panelling shots were of the old house). The new house has a decent basement but it's not huge so it's taken some creative placement to get everything to fit well but it's still a bit of a mess.

I also re-arranged the furniture in the office to open up the room a bit. It was really hard to measure for the cockpit because of its unusual shape and because the monitors take up a variable amount of space depending on how they are arranged. I also added a Saitek X52 stick and throttle for space combat sims like the X series, Strike Suit Zero/Infnity, and (of course) the upcomming Star Citizen.

And although it's not PC related, it's still part of the setup:

There is a lot here, granted, but most of what is here isn't terribly expensive. The Obutto cockpits are carbon steel and solid, but they start at only $350 so they are actually cheaper than a lot of desks. A 1080p native projector will run you between $500 to $1000 depending on what features you want. The basic arcade machine I got used (obviously, lol) off of Craigslist for about $350 to start the project. Stretch these expenditures out over several years and it's pretty reasonable.

Anyway, if anyone has any questions about building arcade machines, racing cockpits, etc, feel free to ask. I'm happy to provide more specific details about anything in these pics.

-Byshop

#1146 Posted by IvanElk (3798 posts) -

I am jealous of the cockpit for the sole reason of some epic Star Citizen flights.

#1147 Edited by Byshop (11215 posts) -

@IvanElk said:

I am jealous of the cockpit for the sole reason of some epic Star Citizen flights.

I've been subsisting on Strike Suit Zero/Infinity in the meantime. Too bad X Rebirth turned out to be so freakin' awful.

-Byshop

#1149 Posted by bowchicka07 (1073 posts) -

Simple and subtle but it gets the job done.

#1150 Edited by Horgen (110075 posts) -

Which laptop is it?