Showcase your rigs.

#1051 Edited by mdraven (33 posts) -

@horgen123 said:

Because a 3930K is one of the worst CPUs you get today? :P

Looks beautiful!

lol not at the least its a beast 6 cores , but i had it for almost 2 years. time to change . and thanks, always work in progress looks much more mature than the level 10 battle edition ( which i also loved dearly )it was the most fun build to date the level 10gt that is . 100 times easier and more fun than the cosmos 2 building that is . the 50 wires at the back of the c2 nearly gave me a heart attack for cable management , but slowly i moved through them one at a time . my new cpu will arrive in a week, hopefully , cant wait .

#1052 Posted by mdraven (33 posts) -

@acanofcoke: Im not talking to you :p you recently demolished my benches . great ocling btw

#1053 Edited by GameFan1983 (2169 posts) -

I won

CPU - 3970 OCed to 4.8ghz

ram- crosair vengeance 64G 1866mgz

VC: GTX690SLI

#1054 Edited by Klunt_Bumskrint (4013 posts) -

@mdraven said:

@acanofcoke: Im not talking to you :p you recently demolished my benches . great ocling btw

Hehehe :D

What CPU you getting?

#1055 Posted by Klunt_Bumskrint (4013 posts) -

@GameFan1983 said:

I won

CPU - 3930 OCed to 4.8ghz

ram- crosair vengeance 64G 1866mgz

VC: GTX690SLI

Bench it. 3dmark

#1056 Posted by Horgen (110151 posts) -

@mdraven said:

@horgen123 said:

Because a 3930K is one of the worst CPUs you get today? :P

Looks beautiful!

lol not at the least its a beast 6 cores , but i had it for almost 2 years. time to change . and thanks, always work in progress looks much more mature than the level 10 battle edition ( which i also loved dearly )it was the most fun build to date the level 10gt that is . 100 times easier and more fun than the cosmos 2 building that is . the 50 wires at the back of the c2 nearly gave me a heart attack for cable management , but slowly i moved through them one at a time . my new cpu will arrive in a week, hopefully , cant wait .

Then either the 4930K or 4960X are your options... And neither are that much better. Yours might be 2 years old, but it is still one of the best CPUs out there.

#1057 Posted by mdraven (33 posts) -

ahh what the hell a little bit of verity is nice for this thread ;p

some one has to be different we cant all be 3930Ks here

so x marks the spot .

and it will make a difference once i get my hands on 4k monitors and another gpu those pci express will be waiting for the extra bandwidth because i want to be immersed like that although i dont know when they will be coming out

i saw the huge 4k samsung has in real life and f the pictures it creates are beautiful

#1058 Posted by mdraven (33 posts) -

asus has a 4k display but its to expensive 3500$ for a monitor is way too much maybe im early and have to wait .

#1059 Edited by GameFan1983 (2169 posts) -

@acanofcoke said:

@GameFan1983 said:

I won

CPU - 3930 OCed to 4.8ghz

ram- crosair vengeance 64G 1866mgz

VC: GTX690SLI

Bench it. 3dmark

good call. welcome any challenges

"@mdraven said: ahh what the hell a little bit of verity is nice for this thread ;p some one has to be different we cant all be 3930Ks here"

my bad, I confused this one with another rig with GTX680SLI, this one actually geared with an OCed i7-3970X :)

edit:one of my co-worker equipped with a 7990 Xfire with the same CPU scored near 20000 in fire strike, me /sad face, this demo favors bigger Vram and unitize 3 of the 4 cores, but on gaming and 1440 benchmark, mine beats him by a good 10-15%

#1060 Posted by Klunt_Bumskrint (4013 posts) -

@GameFan1983 said:

@acanofcoke said:

@GameFan1983 said:

I won

CPU - 3930 OCed to 4.8ghz

ram- crosair vengeance 64G 1866mgz

VC: GTX690SLI

Bench it. 3dmark

good call. welcome any challenges

Stick in the benching thread

#1061 Edited by bigfootpart2 (111 posts) -

Core i7 4770K, 16GB Corsair DDR3-1600, Radeon R9 290X, Asus Sabertooth Z87, Seasonic Platinum 1000W, Intel 240GB SSD

#1062 Posted by Jd1680a (5945 posts) -

Nice setup !!

#1063 Posted by Cyberdot (3538 posts) -

@mdraven said:

asus has a 4k display but its to expensive 3500$ for a monitor is way too much maybe im early and have to wait .

I'm gonna stick with 1080p for a while.

#1064 Posted by Horgen (110151 posts) -

@bigfootpart2 said:

Core i7 4770K, 16GB Corsair DDR3-1600, Radeon R9 290X, Asus Sabertooth Z87, Seasonic Platinum 1000W, Intel 240GB SSD

Nice set-up. Is the 290X loud?

#1065 Edited by Horgen (110151 posts) -

@bigfootpart2 said:

Core i7 4770K, 16GB Corsair DDR3-1600, Radeon R9 290X, Asus Sabertooth Z87, Seasonic Platinum 1000W, Intel 240GB SSD

Nice set-up. Is the 290X loud?

#1066 Edited by bigfootpart2 (111 posts) -

It doesn't seem that bad to me. Some of the cards I've owned in the past, such as my 640mb Geforce 8800 GTS with a stock cooler that sounded like a jet turbine even while idling or my 32mb Geforce 256 DDR with a fan that made horrible grinding noises, were far louder and more obnoxious by comparison. The 290X is cool and silent when it idles, and you do hear a mild to moderate hum of fan noise when playing an intensive game, but it's nothing too crazy. I probably wouldn't have even noticed it if people weren't making such a thing of it on the internet. Although I might not be the best person to ask since I have an obnoxiously loud ceiling fan in my gaming room that tends to drone out everything else, and I also game with headphones on. Maybe some people would be bothered by it. Video cards have gotten a lot quieter in recent years.

All that aside, I'm absolutely in love with the card. It maxes out every game I throw at it at very high framerates. It handles games like Far Cry 3 and Crysis 3, that my GTX 460 really struggled to run, with ease on the highest settings. I haven't found anything that can slow it down. Overall I'm very happy with the gaming experience the card provides, especially for the price. I would buy one again in a heartbeat and very well may so that I can run crossfire.

#1067 Edited by ZombieKiller7 (6255 posts) -

Finally started working on new build, unpacked everything onto my desk

This is the 7870 Tahiti LE

HUUUGE card, 4 copper radiator pipes up top and a large fan, people say it runs very hot, but I played Crysis 2 this morning on Ultra and it never got over 70C

In the middle of the build

My messy office

Final product, sadly I have no cable management skills and the inside looks a mess, I'll work on it some more next week with some twist ties, also have green LED fans I'd like to use to make it look nicer.

Specs :

i5 3570

HD7870 Tahiti

8GB Corsair 1600 DDR3

500GB SATA HDD (stripped from my old rig)

Cooler Master High-Airflow Case (4 LED fans planned)

550W Antec PSU (stripped from my old rig)

Windows 7 Home

Doesn't really compare to some of the nicer rigs above, but it's mine and I'm proud of it.

#1068 Posted by clyde46 (46567 posts) -

This thread still lives?!

#1069 Edited by Cyberdot (3538 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

This thread still lives?!

Of course.

We can't resist looking at those beautiful rigs.

#1070 Posted by death4us2 (14 posts) -

What most of you forget to get is a nice cooler for soda to keep your gaming strength up XD.

#1071 Posted by Horgen (110151 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

This thread still lives?!

It should... Otherwise it will disappear...

#1072 Edited by Grey_Eyed_Elf (3904 posts) -

Just got a new keyboard my Saitek Eclipse finally gave out after 3 years. I got a chicklet keyboard over a mechanical because I just prefer the feel while gaming. Its the Razer Deathstalker Expert I've been using it for the past several days and am very very happy so far with its performance.

#1073 Edited by clyde46 (46567 posts) -

#1074 Edited by Cyberdot (3538 posts) -

@clyde46

#1075 Edited by clyde46 (46567 posts) -

#1076 Posted by Cyberdot (3538 posts) -

@clyde46: Next photo - have it installed in your PC!

#1077 Posted by Klunt_Bumskrint (4013 posts) -

@clyde46:

#1078 Edited by ZombieKiller7 (6255 posts) -

Just spent 2 hours re-wiring this bad boy

to make the inside look nice and clean

(Protip : Do it right the first time)

4 green LED fans

Looks delicious at night with the lights out

loud as fuck with a total of 7 fans in the box

and that's BEFORE you run Crysis

#1079 Edited by dawf85 (6 posts) -

This is my rig

NZXT Switch 810 Case

Haswell 4770K CPU (O/C -4.5ghz)

MSI MPOWER Motherboard (WIFI Bluetooth and WIDI)

Corsair Vengeance 16gb 1600mhz DDR3

Samsung 250gb SSD 840 Series

2 x Gigabyte GTX 770's 4gb OC Editions in SLI

Coolermaster Gold Silent 1000watt PSU

Corsaid H110 AIO Watercooler (280mm Radiator) with Aftermarket fans: Bitfenix Spectre Pro 140mm fans putting 260 cubic foot air a minute through the radiator

(Currently for sale)

#1080 Posted by Jd1680a (5945 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

What was your last video card?

#1081 Edited by xhawk27 (7345 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

Nice but still too expensive for me. I am going for a new build early next year using a GTX 760.

#1082 Posted by clyde46 (46567 posts) -

@xhawk27: It was very pricey :P

@Jd1680a said:

@clyde46 said:

What was your last video card?

GTX 580

#1083 Posted by MarchingOrd3rZ (12 posts) -

I have an Alienware 18. I love the chassis and the weight (or lack thereof). 32gb of RAM, 750GB of HDD space (with 1TB portable), and an HDMI-Input slot (for my PS3...I like switching from PC to PS3 by just pressing a button). Pretty good setup. Pics coming tomorrow....

#1084 Posted by Marfoo (5994 posts) -

Just did some work on my machine.


#1085 Posted by PredatorRules (8124 posts) -

#1086 Posted by Horgen (110151 posts) -

Nice and clean set-up

#1087 Edited by kraken2109 (13070 posts) -

Pretty tiny motherboard for that case XD

#1088 Edited by dallers (7 posts) -

My Bitfenix Prodigy RIg. I have quite bad OCD :)

I7-3770K @ 4.5ghz

16GB Hyperx 2133

GTX 770 Limited Edition KFA2

480GB Hyperx SSD

650Watt Gold Seasonic G Series

ASRock Mini ITX Z77

#1089 Posted by Horgen (110151 posts) -

Wonder if I shall go for "insert CPU gen name"-E when I upgrade my CPU down the line... Unless mainstream CPU from Intel soon come with 6 cores...

#1090 Posted by kitty (114792 posts) -

well lets see how these fair in CF (Note* I didn't pay for this got it free, so I'm not fussing)



Sorry about the horrible pic quality, I blame the vita.

#1091 Edited by Klunt_Bumskrint (4013 posts) -

@2ndwonder said:

well lets see how these fair in CF (Note* I didn't pay for this got it free, so I'm not fussing)

Sorry about the horrible pic quality, I blame the vita.

How did you swing that for free?

#1092 Edited by kitty (114792 posts) -

@acanofcoke said:

@2ndwonder said:

well lets see how these fair in CF (Note* I didn't pay for this got it free, so I'm not fussing)

Sorry about the horrible pic quality, I blame the vita.

How did you swing that for free?

Snagged a deal on a pretty much new DS with 5 games. DS still had the box and everything with it. Games where in mint condition. Got it for super cheap. I'm a sucker for those types of deals when I have money. I didn't need it though as I have a 3DS. I decided to give it to my mom for my little sis. I told her she could give it her as a early xmas gift. My mom then offered to buy me something that wasn't too expensive. So I chose that card, as it was on sale.

Redeemed the codes. Got Sleeping Dogs and I picked Thief. Only two games with this card :( My other 7870 netted me 4 games.

#1093 Posted by Cruxis27 (1908 posts) -

sigh I remember a time when I could blow my money on this stuff... Now I have to pay rent, insurance, bills aka being an adult.

#1094 Edited by jayd02 (783 posts) -

@dallers said:

My Bitfenix Prodigy RIg. I have quite bad OCD :)

I7-3930K @ 4.5ghz

16GB Hyperx 2133

GTX 770 Limited Edition KFA2

480GB Hyperx SSD

650Watt Gold Seasonic G Series

ASRock Mini ITX Z77

Every prodigy build I see I want so badly. I would build one if I haven't already bought my case. It looks beautiful man; nice build.

#1095 Posted by kitty (114792 posts) -

@Cruxis27 said:

sigh I remember a time when I could blow my money on this stuff... Now I have to pay rent, insurance, bills aka being an adult.

being an adult is though when it comes to getting the wants, but it all depends on the job and how good you are at saving money (if possible) a little bit here and there can eventually add up.

#1096 Posted by Horgen (110151 posts) -

@2ndwonder said:

well lets see how these fair in CF (Note* I didn't pay for this got it free, so I'm not fussing)

Sorry about the horrible pic quality, I blame the vita.

Sweet! Now you should beat my score in the benchmark thread.

#1097 Edited by Gaming-Planet (14022 posts) -

Just built it today. Don't make fun my stock cooler and GPU. They're temporary. Have a lot more to add, like an SSD, H100i, GTX 760, and some sleeved cables.

#1098 Posted by clyde46 (46567 posts) -

@dallers said:

My Bitfenix Prodigy RIg. I have quite bad OCD :)

I7-3930K @ 4.5ghz

16GB Hyperx 2133

GTX 770 Limited Edition KFA2

480GB Hyperx SSD

650Watt Gold Seasonic G Series

ASRock Mini ITX Z77

Impossible, they don't do X79 sockets for ITX.

#1099 Edited by dallers (7 posts) -

@jayd02 said:

Every prodigy build I see I want so badly. I would build one if I haven't already bought my case. It looks beautiful man; nice build.

Worth Every Penny. Just received my sets of All White Bitfenix Pro Fans. 230mm Front. 140mm Rear and 2 120mm Tops. The case is well worth building. For White that limited edition fits perfectly as well. Correction. I7-3770K NOT 3930 I copied that from the same page as my desktop sorry.

#1100 Posted by Horgen (110151 posts) -

@Gaming-Planet said:

Just built it today. Don't make fun my stock cooler and GPU. They're temporary. Have a lot more to add, like an SSD, H100i, GTX 760, and some sleeved cables.

That looks like a beast of a GPU.

Is it an Asus mobo?