Should I upgrade my processor?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

justinlalaland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 justinlalaland
Member since 2006 • 87 Posts
Hi All,

I was wondering whether I should upgrade my processor yet or not. My current setup is:

AMD 3800 Dual Core
Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe AM2 Motherboard
3GB Geil Ram
Asus 8800GTX

Ive got a little spare cash floating about and wondered if its worth upgrading my processor as it seems to be the 'weakest link' in my setup. Im not going to be able to afford to do this after I start college in the summer so wondered if its worth doing now?
I dont think i can afford a quadcore setup, so was wondering if its worth the hassle and money to upgrade to say an AMD 5000 dual core? or should I be looking at intel? (would need to switch motherboard then too)

Thanks,

Justin
Gregoroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Gregoroth
Member since 2005 • 2552 Posts
It's a dual core. What's the point upgrading at the moment? Spend the money on something worthwhile, or better yet, bank it. :)
SoberWarock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 SoberWarock
Member since 2005 • 3086 Posts
That is a good processor you have there, it is not so bad. You will need to upgrade though, but that is in a year from now to quad core.
justinlalaland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 justinlalaland
Member since 2006 • 87 Posts
cool guys, thanks for the info, I thought as much.

Justin
Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Miguel16
Member since 2004 • 6065 Posts
[QUOTE="justinlalaland"]Hi All,

I was wondering whether I should upgrade my processor yet or not. My current setup is:

AMD 3800 Dual Core
Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe AM2 Motherboard
3GB Geil Ram
Asus 8800GTX

Ive got a little spare cash floating about and wondered if its worth upgrading my processor as it seems to be the 'weakest link' in my setup. Im not going to be able to afford to do this after I start college in the summer so wondered if its worth doing now?
I dont think i can afford a quadcore setup, so was wondering if its worth the hassle and money to upgrade to say an AMD 5000 dual core? or should I be looking at intel? (would need to switch motherboard then too)

Thanks,

Justin

ive got pretty much the same pc but with a 7600 and 2GB ram...thinkin about picking up a new GTX or one of the GTS'...i was wondering is it worth it yet or should i wait...hows that GTX treatin you..1 more thing, does it cover any of the PCI slots on the mobo