RenegadeSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By RenegadeSteve
Member since 2013 • 262 Posts

I've locked myself out of my steam account since probably October and it's very frustrating that I'm not getting any feedback from steam support even tho I filled out one of those tickets 3 weeks ago. The restrictions won't allow me to purchase or get involved in their community.

So should try and get my account unlocked? Before you ask I only had two games and they were Deus Ex and Hitman & those where free when I bought my AMD card I didn't get around to buying games cause I was waiting in the sales.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

if you only had two games and dont mean much to you, creating another account would be the easiest solution. Have to remember the sheer amount of people who have steam, and valve is always bogged down from the sheer numbers.

RenegadeSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RenegadeSteve

@04dcarraher said:

if you only had two games and dont mean much to you, creating another account would be the easiest solution. Have to remember the sheer amount of people who have steam, and valve is always bogged down from the sheer numbers.

Yeah I did take that into consideration and from what I've heard they only have 300 something people

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

Perhaps you can make those two games available on your new account through Steam Family Sharing ?

Or is that also a feature you are locked out of ?

darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 darksusperia
Member since 2004 • 6945 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

Perhaps you can make those two games available on your new account through Steam Family Sharing ?

Or is that also a feature you are locked out of ?

Need to be able to login to the account to enable family sharing, so yea, hes locked out of that too.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

If you've ever purchased with a credit card, you should be able to get your account without issue. No need to start a new one just make a new ticket showing proof of purchases, and your info and hope it gets resolved faster. Steams customer support is complete shit I know, but showing them bills might be the only way to get them to care.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

A few years ago, I had to create a new Steam account because I totally forgot the password. Back then, Half Life 2 was my only Steam game. The HL2 game was a boxed copy. The Steam folks requested a digital photo of the CD/activation key and sales receipt. Once they received both, they transferred HL2 over to my current Steam account.

For future reference, I archived my Steam account info to avoid similar problems in the future.

RenegadeSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RenegadeSteve

@ribstaylor1 said:

If you've ever purchased with a credit card, you should be able to get your account without issue. No need to start a new one just make a new ticket showing proof of purchases, and your info and hope it gets resolved faster. Steams customer support is complete shit I know, but showing them bills might be the only way to get them to care.

That's my problem tho I haven't made one purchase on the site unless you include the redeem codes that i got from my amd card I still have those saved in my emails

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@jun_aka_pekto said:

A few years ago, I had to create a new Steam account because I totally forgot the password. Back then, Half Life 2 was my only Steam game. The HL2 game was a boxed copy. The Steam folks requested a digital photo of the CD/activation key and sales receipt. Once they received both, they transferred HL2 over to my current Steam account.

For future reference, I archived my Steam account info to avoid similar problems in the future.

What do you mean by archiving?

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Cant you just say forgot password and steam send you a new password?.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@commander said:

What do you mean by archiving?

It's just a fancy word for having a text file with my Steam info stored in one of my external hard drives.

RenegadeSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RenegadeSteve

@skipper847 said:

Cant you just say forgot password and steam send you a new password?.

I can get into my account I just can't purchase any games or interact with the community

RenegadeSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RenegadeSteve

@skipper847: @commander: @jun_aka_pekto: @ribstaylor1: @darksusperia: @R4gn4r0k: @04dcarraher: I'd like to thank everybody for their input and helpful comments, I got my account back today so I guess we can say case closed. Thanks again

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

Good news!

Steam support takes a while, but in the end they come through ^^

mep69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mep69
Member since 2008 • 1926 Posts

@renegadesteve:

Send them a photo of your physical CD key with your name and username written next to it. They will resend you your password.

RenegadeSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RenegadeSteve

@mep69: Already been taken care off