Shadow Warrior Reborn coming out on September 26: looking badass as ever

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ReddestSkies (4087 posts) -

Who better to reimagine Shadow Warrior than Flying Wild Hog (Hard Reset developers, the talented guys who left People Can Fly when they sold their soul to Epic a few years after making Painkiller) and Devolver Digital (Hotline Miami)? The previews videos are fantastic. This is not really a remake, actually. The katana action seems particularly badass, and the humor is definitely there again.

Save 15% if you preorder it on Steam, GOG or Humble Store. 

ss_a025be749ac04d1d98a16efd38c5b4e7fa1ca 

ss_81e7743f46008df9edc3186a38ad6b9d3ecd7

#3 Posted by dommeus (9416 posts) -
[QUOTE="handsome222222"]handsome4444 Oct 5 2013 Is End Of The World oct 5 2013 is end of the world oct 5 2013 is end of the world oct 5 2013 is end of the world. handsome4444 Oct 5 2013 Is End Of The World oct 5 2013 is end of the world oct 5 2013 is end of the world oct 5 2013 is end of the world.

Err...
#4 Posted by ReddestSkies (4087 posts) -

[QUOTE="handsome222222"]handsome4444 Oct 5 2013 Is End Of The World oct 5 2013 is end of the world oct 5 2013 is end of the world oct 5 2013 is end of the world. handsome4444 Oct 5 2013 Is End Of The World oct 5 2013 is end of the world oct 5 2013 is end of the world oct 5 2013 is end of the world.dommeus
Err...

That doesn't leave us a lot of time to play Shadow Warrior :(

#5 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18415 posts) -

[QUOTE="dommeus"][QUOTE="handsome222222"]handsome4444 Oct 5 2013 Is End Of The World oct 5 2013 is end of the world oct 5 2013 is end of the world oct 5 2013 is end of the world. handsome4444 Oct 5 2013 Is End Of The World oct 5 2013 is end of the world oct 5 2013 is end of the world oct 5 2013 is end of the world.ReddestSkies

Err...

That doesn't leave us a lot of time to play Shadow Warrior :(

:cry:
#6 Posted by 8-Bitterness (3707 posts) -
Looks great, but the humor is definitely not there. They call it racist and misogynistic but god damn it wasn't bad at all in the original Shadow Warrior. The asking price for the game is also quite high for what it is, but whatever, I loved Hard Reset so I'll give this a chance. I also think I read somewhere that Lo Wang would "mature" as the game progresses, that would be beyond lame.
#7 Posted by Lach0121 (9930 posts) -

Looks great, but the humor is definitely not there. They call it racist and misogynistic but god damn it wasn't bad at all in the original Shadow Warrior. The asking price for the game is also quite high for what it is, but whatever, I loved Hard Reset so I'll give this a chance. I also think I read somewhere that Lo Wang would "mature" as the game progresses, that would be beyond lame.8-Bitterness

Quite sad when Art, and freedom of speech take second seat to people's insecure feelings...

You can't make a game these days without some group being offended because of some BS reason.

#8 Posted by sukraj (23441 posts) -

can't wait for this game.

#9 Posted by skrat_01 (33767 posts) -
It does look rad. Hard Reset was flawed but good and this is looking like a helluva improvement on that, even if it's super different to the original game. Major kudos to Devolver making that free too.
#10 Posted by m25105 (3135 posts) -

You no mess with Lo Wang. A shame that they caved into the political correct pussies.

#11 Posted by uninspiredcup (10032 posts) -

Gona preorder, looks like a pc game for men.

#12 Posted by uninspiredcup (10032 posts) -

Oh, this is from the guys who made hard reset, I loved that game. Only problem was the lack of variety. I hope they dont make the same mistake here. From the footage, it looks not.

#13 Posted by Lach0121 (9930 posts) -

Oh, this is from the guys who made hard reset, I loved that game. Only problem was the lack of variety. I hope they dont make the same mistake here. From the footage, it looks not.

uninspiredcup

Im not gonna pre-order, I am waiting for it to go on sale, but yeah... Hard Reset was a pretty cool game imo.

#14 Posted by gameofthering (10394 posts) -

I just hope it's going to be like the original Shadow Warrior just updated.

#15 Posted by m25105 (3135 posts) -

I just hope it's going to be like the original Shadow Warrior just updated.

gameofthering
If you mean the humour, then no. It's more watered down to not offend our sensibilities and all that crap. If you mean killing tons of shit and not be forced to have a lame ass weapon carry limit, then yes it's going to be the same.
#16 Posted by PernicioEnigma (5394 posts) -
Looks great, but the humor is definitely not there. They call it racist and misogynistic but god damn it wasn't bad at all in the original Shadow Warrior. The asking price for the game is also quite high for what it is, but whatever, I loved Hard Reset so I'll give this a chance. I also think I read somewhere that Lo Wang would "mature" as the game progresses, that would be beyond lame.8-Bitterness
I remember watching a video about this game and the commentator was going on about how racist the original was, and all he had to back up his statement was the original game made fun of Asian sounding names, and a few other harmless jibes. People need to harden the f*ck up and stop being such overly sensitive pus*ies. That's my opinion anyway...