rabakill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By rabakill
Member since 2004 • 884 Posts

I have an ok laptop, 1gb video card and 4gb ram. In all other games I keep lighting, and shadows low and keep textures and detail on high and eventually there will be some slowdown but turning most things on high in Shadow of Mordor it's always silky smooth. I've never seen a game look so good and run so smooth on my computer, it's really hard to tell by youtube videos but man it's incredible how well it runs and how good it looks in motion. In most games I get a little nauseated due to the framerate dips, on pc or console. I never thought a 2 year old laptop could run a game this well. One thing that may be helping is my hard drive is solid state. Yeah a game like Crysis 3 looks better in images due to higher detail facial models but in motion it does not look nearly as good because it doesn't run half as well and you can't turn on all the bells and whistles. In Shadow of Mordor the hair even looks semi-realistic and the main character has a beard that doesn't look like a singular texture.

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

That's cool and all but paragraphs will set you free.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
Member since 2009 • 7779 Posts

It runs pretty well but the VRAM usage is crazy. I run out of vram on max settings.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@klunt_bumskrint said:

That's cool and all but paragraphs will set you free.

It is a paragraph just a big one lol

Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#5  Edited By Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts

ya its pretty nicely optimized for a game that is also on console... i wish more games were like this. you guys are right about the vram, it does suck up a lot of it.

i'm also impressed with Wolfenstein New Order, this game runs amazing so far for me, barely uses any cpu and doesn't even max out my 680gtx gpu at 1080p, so i may try to add some SMAA to it to see how it plays with that. Mind you the environments are smaller in this game then Shadow of Mordor, but the detail is higher in this game. And this game isn't greedy on vram like mordor which was suprising, i rarely hit 2gb vram usage even at max settings.

I hope GTA 5 is well optimized when they finally do release it on PC cause if its not its gonna be nasty and painful for a game like that. I never played GTA 4 on pc, but i played the other ones and they ran fine.

Not sure about The Witcher 3, if its anything like the second one it'll probably be a very sloppy port. TW2 didn't run that smoothly for how bad it looked.

Kh1ndjal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kh1ndjal
Member since 2003 • 2788 Posts

sometimes it's not so much about optimization as it is a combination of good hardware/drivers/game engine. having said that, i was pretty pleased with shadow of mordor's performance myself.

i'm not sure if crysis 3 looks worse in motion. i think it looks better than shadow of mordor more often than not.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#7 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58854 Posts

Sleeping Dogs?

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

I think Alien Isolation was the best optimized game I have played in a long time...

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#9 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

Alien certainly runs well, so does mordor. Both have pretty good PC versions.

rabakill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By rabakill
Member since 2004 • 884 Posts

I played it on a high end gaming pc and it's outstanding. I've never seen a game with so much detail both near and far. The mountains, a giant statue holding chains, uruks watching over slaves, uruks drinking around a campfire with godrays, birds flying around and a lot more all at once.

The engine and game world should be modded to be different than Mordor, the potential is huge. I've never seen a game running on ultra with the entire screen covered in enemies running smoothly. I hope they make a prequel or sequel with the same engine. (paragraphs ftw)

gajbutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gajbutler
Member since 2011 • 193 Posts

getting 60FPS maxed out @ 1080p with x4MSAA and textures on higher with a 750ti...

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

I think Shadow of Mordor is one of the best looking, best running games at the moment. Right up there with Crysis 3. Mordor absolutely kills Ryse in visuals, runs better, and isn't on rails.