Setting a custom resolution (ccc)?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e799a72eb68
deactivated-60e799a72eb68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-60e799a72eb68
Member since 2008 • 1678 Posts

Is there any way to set a custom resolution higher than that of your monitor?

I need it to be the internal render resolution, but ouputted at the native resolution of my monitor, so I would need it at something like 3840x2160, then downscaled to 1920x1080 and outputted to the monitor. This is for ATI cards.

yaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#2 yaba
Member since 2003 • 781 Posts

I'm sorry, but I don't have the answer, but why do you want to set the resolution so high?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-60e799a72eb68

I'm sorry, but I don't have the answer, but why do you want to set the resolution so high?

yaba

Because alot of games lock the ability to force AA, or it only supports multi sampling. I want super sampling.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-60e799a72eb68

A program called "SSAA_Tool" which is meant for this purpose on DX10+ games seems to do this, but I can't get it to work for AVP. The game will not launch with the effect applied. It sounds like it allows a higher resolution option to appear in the game's video setting, but it wasn't clear from the poorly translated readme.

I'd like if someone would comment, or try this program to see if they can actually use it.

ptrainenator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By ptrainenator
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

The answer to setting a custom resolution in Arkham Origins is to locate the "GFXSettings.BatmanArkhamOrigins.xml" in your user account, under: C:Users\"your account name"\Documents\WB Games\Batman Arkham Origins. Right click and choose EDIT. You should be able to find your current resolutions numbers in there, and are able to change them to whatever u would like. All of the changeable video options are in there.

This is handy for those that want to run the program in windowed mode, like me. This makes it much nicer to be able to flip back and forth between different things, while still running the game. Mine is set for 1915x1020, and the viewing area fits nicely on my 1080 monitor.

IMPORTANT!Make a back-up of the file before you make any changes. Just in case you screw something up, you can just paste back the original and try again. I warned you.

Also, sorry to the original poster, it's not exactly an answer for you. Playing around with these setting might get you the result you are looking for though. But I found this by searching for that, and bet this may be helpful to many who also find it by the same means.