Sennheisers g4me one and creative xi fi sound card ?

#1 Posted by therealhatem (62 posts) -

Hello everyone,

I recently ordered a sennheiser g4me one headphone from amazon , and i have a creative xi fi titanium in my current rig, will this sound card sufficient for feeding the sennheisers hunger or should i upgrade it , and i'm using the headphone mainly for gaming and watching movies , waiting your opinions

#2 Edited by MonsieurX (29220 posts) -

Will be fine.

#3 Posted by Ribstaylor1 (436 posts) -

Should be fine. Just having a dedicated sound card will put you with better range and higher sound quality and just more sound in general when compared to the integrated chipset most people use.

#4 Posted by therealhatem (62 posts) -

Thank you guys thats a relieving to hear :)

#5 Posted by BSC14 (3604 posts) -

What makes them for gaming? The Mic?

I'm using the 380pros at the moment. .. wonder how these compare.

#6 Posted by kraken2109 (12971 posts) -

@BSC14 said:

They look like open back 380pros with a mic stuck on to me

#7 Posted by FelipeInside (25168 posts) -

@BSC14 said:

Yes, it's part of the new Senheiser Gaming Range.

Great headphones with the added feature of the mic.

#8 Posted by BSC14 (3604 posts) -

My nephew has some turtLe beach headphones and I was listening to them while he played bf4. Honestly I was surprised at how well they did surround sound simulation. I use a soundcard sound blaster z and 380pros but I do have to admit they sounded pretty decent.

#9 Posted by BSC14 (3604 posts) -

How do you think a soundblasterz soundcard + 380 Pros would compare to Sennheiser PC 363D Gaming headset?

Equal quality with better SS?

Opinions....please

#10 Posted by kraken2109 (12971 posts) -

@BSC14 said:

How do you think a soundblasterz soundcard + 380 Pros would compare to Sennheiser PC 363D Gaming headset?

Opinions....please

For that budget (especially since your soundblaster Z has dolby headphone if i'm not mistaken, so you don't want headphones with a seperate DAC) you could do much better. The headset would be better for gaming than your 380pros, mainly due to being open back (I haven't used this headset so i can't really comment on sound) which would give a much more realistic and larger soundstage.

#11 Posted by BSC14 (3604 posts) -

@BSC14 said:

Opinions....please

For that budget (especially since your soundblaster Z has dolby headphone if i'm not mistaken, so you don't want headphones with a seperate DAC) you could do much better. The headset would be better for gaming than your 380pros, mainly due to being open back (I haven't used this headset so i can't really comment on sound) which would give a much more realistic and larger soundstage.

Thanks for the reply.

The SQ of the 380 pros is really good and I love them but I want a bit better surround sound simulation or whatever you want to call it. My nephews turtle beach had better surround sound than my setup and that was disappointing considering what I paid...

#12 Posted by BSC14 (3604 posts) -

Well after messing with my cards settings I found that changing it from dolby digital to DTS:NEO PC make a huge difference as far as directional sound....happy that I found that.