second person shooter

This topic is locked from further discussion.

micropact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 micropact
Member since 2006 • 173 Posts
i was always wondering whether such a thing would be possible and what it would look like. Any ideas?
inyourface_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 inyourface_12
Member since 2006 • 14757 Posts
not possible since second person is referring to a character as you from a narratorial perspective.  therefore you would have no control over what "you" were doing
kpsting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 kpsting
Member since 2005 • 2452 Posts
or maybe that would be a shooter where your goal is to be shot at and die. not much fun in that, unless you are a wacko
micropact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 micropact
yea that would suck
micropact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 micropact
yea that would suck
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
not possible since second person is referring to a character as you from a narratorial perspective. therefore you would have no control over what "you" were doinginyourface_12
Excactly.....
v3n0m111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#7 v3n0m111
Member since 2006 • 546 Posts
or maybe that would be a shooter where your goal is to be shot at and die. not much fun in that, unless you are a wackokpsting

Hehe. Wacko.:D
DGFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DGFreak
Member since 2003 • 2234 Posts
[QUOTE="kpsting"]or maybe that would be a shooter where your goal is to be shot at and die. not much fun in that, unless you are a wackov3n0m111

What if, in this second person shooter, you are playing the role of a terrorist?
BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 BounceDK
Member since 2005 • 7388 Posts
yea that would suckmicropact
OMG, you have the most annoying sig ever. I'm gonna adblock that crap.
GeneralGeorge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 GeneralGeorge
Member since 2005 • 2316 Posts
[QUOTE="v3n0m111"][QUOTE="kpsting"]or maybe that would be a shooter where your goal is to be shot at and die. not much fun in that, unless you are a wackoDGFreak

What if, in this second person shooter, you are playing the role of a terrorist?

That doesn't make sense. It'll still be first person.
geitenvla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#11 geitenvla
Member since 2006 • 960 Posts
The idea is crazy but if you mount the camera on your target while you run in to attack and finish him, you would have a 2nd person shooter. When you kill your enemy, the camera should move to your next target and again view from his perspective as you move forward. Would it be fun? Dunno... maybe if it's done really cool... 
GeneralGeorge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 GeneralGeorge
Member since 2005 • 2316 Posts
it would NOT be fun. You see it from the enemy's perspective... you have no idea where YOU are.
ufopuller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#13 ufopuller
Member since 2004 • 6054 Posts
No way
GenghisChris82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GenghisChris82
Member since 2006 • 221 Posts
it could be fun if your character moved according to your narative, you could tell a story as you played i.e as i WALKed FORWARD down the street I saw an enemy with a huge gun aimed right at me, I DIVED to my RIGHT and KNEELing DOWN behind a bin I AIMED at my TARGET and began SHOOTING, After i saw him die I STOPped SHOOTING and carried on WALKing FORWARD lame example but im sure it could work to a certain degree, maybe in a 2D scroller

or maybe a game that worked off continuous commands, i.e up,up,up,up,up,left,left,left,duck,aim at head,shoot,shoot,shoot,stand,up,up,up,up,up, lol
inyourface_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 inyourface_12
Member since 2006 • 14757 Posts

it could be fun if your character moved according to your narative, you could tell a story as you played i.e as i WALKed FORWARD down the street I saw an enemy with a huge gun aimed right at me, I DIVED to my RIGHT and KNEELing DOWN behind a bin I AIMED at my TARGET and began SHOOTING, After i saw him die I STOPped SHOOTING and carried on WALKing FORWARD lame example but im sure it could work to a certain degree, maybe in a 2D scroller

or maybe a game that worked off continuous commands, i.e up,up,up,up,up,left,left,left,duck,aim at head,shoot,shoot,shoot,stand,up,up,up,up,up, lol
GenghisChris82

no you would have to go you. 

then you move two feet forward.  then you shoot your gun etc

GenghisChris82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GenghisChris82
Member since 2006 • 221 Posts
lol your right, still though, it could work, it wouldnt be any fun though
Hurvl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Hurvl
Member since 2005 • 2224 Posts

The idea is crazy but if you mount the camera on your target while you run in to attack and finish him, you would have a 2nd person shooter. When you kill your enemy, the camera should move to your next target and again view from his perspective as you move forward. Would it be fun? Dunno... maybe if it's done really cool... geitenvla

That sounds like a out-of-body experience (combined with a near-death, eh, "actual death" experience). You know, in some games with f*cked up camera control or no control at all, i.e. you can't see where you are going, this is already a reality. I hate those kind of games and I would surely hate a second preson shooter as well for that reason. Although the thought of it is interesting, the result would be less than that.

DGFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DGFreak
Member since 2003 • 2234 Posts
[QUOTE="DGFreak"][QUOTE="v3n0m111"][QUOTE="kpsting"]or maybe that would be a shooter where your goal is to be shot at and die. not much fun in that, unless you are a wackoGeneralGeorge

That doesn't make sense. It'll still be first person.

No it wouldn't. You'd play the role of the terrorist, you just wouldn't see it from his/her eyes.
Genexi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Genexi2
Member since 2005 • 3110 Posts
Just go to sleep and dream, there's yer 2nd-person perspective.

As to whether it's a shooter or not depends on how warped your mind gets when you turn off the lights for the day.
Beau_The_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Beau_The_Black
Member since 2003 • 31 Posts
The last level or so for King Kong, where you're playing as Kong in the city and the trucks with cannons are firing at you, there is a 2nd Person perspective from the artillery commander's view.  It's quite annoying as suddenly Kong will turn in a different direction than where you were going, and you have to run towards the truck to destroy, then your view goes back to 3rd Person.  So it DOES exist in some games.