Screen tearing when playing on HDTv

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by enterawesome (9477 posts) -
Got a gaming PC awhile ago, everything's great except for the fact that I'm playing on a 22" TV and every single game has TERRIBLE screen tearing. I refuse to enable v-sync for obvious reasons, but is there any way to smooth out the refresh rate so my games won't run so horribly?
#2 Posted by superclocked (5863 posts) -
Enable VSync and triple buffering at the same time. If you enable triple buffering too, you won't get any input lag or framerate drops.. With triple buffering we get the same high actual performance and similar decreased input lag of a vsync disabled setup while achieving the visual quality and smoothness of leaving vsync enabled.
#3 Posted by Barujin (308 posts) -

The other way is to get a 120Hz display. Just make sure that it is genuinely 120Hz instead of false advertising, as most companies are doing these days.

#4 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (23764 posts) -
[QUOTE="superclocked"]Enable VSync and triple buffering at the same time. If you enable triple buffering too, you won't get any input lag or framerate drops.. With triple buffering we get the same high actual performance and similar decreased input lag of a vsync disabled setup while achieving the visual quality and smoothness of leaving vsync enabled.

while anandtech had an article acting like triple buffering is the savior i've found it makes input lag even worse
#5 Posted by _SKatEDiRt_ (2606 posts) -

The other way is to get a 120Hz display. Just make sure that it is genuinely 120Hz instead of false advertising, as most companies are doing these days.

Barujin

AHHHH YEAHHHHH ;)

#6 Posted by mitu123 (154589 posts) -

[QUOTE="superclocked"]Enable VSync and triple buffering at the same time. If you enable triple buffering too, you won't get any input lag or framerate drops.. With triple buffering we get the same high actual performance and similar decreased input lag of a vsync disabled setup while achieving the visual quality and smoothness of leaving vsync enabled.JigglyWiggly_
while anandtech had an article acting like triple buffering is the savior i've found it makes input lag even worse

Which triple buffering are you using? The D3D Overrider one is perfect and makes multiplayer games playable!

#7 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (23764 posts) -

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"][QUOTE="superclocked"]Enable VSync and triple buffering at the same time. If you enable triple buffering too, you won't get any input lag or framerate drops.. With triple buffering we get the same high actual performance and similar decreased input lag of a vsync disabled setup while achieving the visual quality and smoothness of leaving vsync enabled.mitu123

Which triple buffering are you using? The D3D Overrider one is perfect and makes multiplayer games playable!

i haven't used it in a long time there is no need with 120hz
#8 Posted by _SKatEDiRt_ (2606 posts) -
[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"] while anandtech had an article acting like triple buffering is the savior i've found it makes input lag even worseJigglyWiggly_

seriously
#9 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (23764 posts) -

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"][QUOTE="mitu123"] Which triple buffering are you using? The D3D Overrider one is perfect and makes multiplayer games playable!_SKatEDiRt_

seriously

ofc i mean if you analyse the footage there is some tearing, but it is unnoticible. I have put vsync on and off, no difference.