This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Games_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 The_Games_Guy
Member since 2007 • 436 Posts

Once you have downloaded a map where do you put it? And how do you play it once your in game?

Thanks

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

If it's already published, AKA on Battle.net you can find it in multiplayer, join custom game, if not you'll have to run the map directly, it'll start in the editor, doesn't matter where you have the files.

Battle.net published maps go here C:Usersyour nameAppDataLocalBlizzard EntertainmentBattle.netCacheDownload

Also, here's an awesome mod in the works, I just hope when it's ready Blizzard will give it an OK for publishing.

The_Games_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 The_Games_Guy
Member since 2007 • 436 Posts

If it's already published, AKA on Battle.net you can find it in multiplayer, join custom game, if not you'll have to run the map directly, it'll start in the editor, doesn't matter where you have the files.

Battle.net published maps go here C:Usersyour nameAppDataLocalBlizzard EntertainmentBattle.netCacheDownload

Also, here's an awesome mod in the works, I just hope when it's ready Blizzard will give it an OK for publishing.

DanielDust

I still dont understand... So if I download a custom map from sc2mapster.com or something, where in starcraft 2's files do i put it so that i can play it? BTW that mod looks crazy!

Emraldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Emraldo
Member since 2004 • 1959 Posts

I tried adding maps to a file directory too and couldn't get it to work. The best advice I got was to use Lazy Launcher to open map files. I haven't tested it personally, but good luck!