Saving Private Ryan game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by XRED_0 (775 posts) -

Is it me (as i'm blasting Saving Private Ryan on my HT) or would Saving Private Ryan, if done right, be a kick-a@@ awesome FPS game? It seems lots of FPS are still sticking with the WWII genre (case-in-point, COD:World at War), so I think it would be an awesome game. Think about it: maybe before the SP campaign starts, pick your role to be a Medic, officer giving orders, sniper, general soldier etc and play thru battles in the movie, as well as some extra ones to add some excitement to it. Also, maybe keeping Spielberg involved with the majority of the actors in the movie would make it even better.

Anyone else sharing my opinion on it??

Also, I am well aware that tons of games have missions similar to scenes in the movie, i.e. COD2 w/ beach invasion among others, but I still think with the cinematic value of this film, IF DONE WELL, would be a really awesome game.

#2 Posted by XRED_0 (775 posts) -
also, a sweet soundtrack similar to the movie would be the icing on the cake i think. (a lot of trumpet duets come to mind....)
#3 Posted by hazuki (3885 posts) -
Medal of honor: allied assult on the pc was basically saving private ryan, without the voice cast or names.
#4 Posted by XRED_0 (775 posts) -
Interesting, might need to try it out. I also think, as i'm watcing the movie and it progresses, it should be a lot more strategy-oriented instead of the run-and-gun regular WWII shooters, just like the film.
#5 Posted by fatzebra (1470 posts) -
Just finished Bia HH. It has a better and more touching story than Ryan and Band of Brothers combined. I love it.
#6 Posted by Smithgdwg (1886 posts) -

Medal of honor: allied assult on the pc was basically saving private ryan, without the voice cast or names. hazuki

Medal of Honor:Allied Assault was like "Saving Private Ryan" with a PG rating.

#7 Posted by XRED_0 (775 posts) -

Just finished Bia HH. It has a better and more touching story than Ryan and Band of Brothers combined. I love it.fatzebra

Are you serious?! Better AND more touching story?? I get choked up everytime I listen to the speech at the cemetary w/ the old man that is P. Ryan when he is talking to the gravestone.....NEVER felt the same after playing a game. But its just reinforcing my theory on the matter.....THE GAME SHOULD BE LIKE THAT!!

#8 Posted by VinnoT (4649 posts) -

[QUOTE="hazuki"]Medal of honor: allied assult on the pc was basically saving private ryan, without the voice cast or names. Smithgdwg

So true. The game copied sooooo many scenes and aspects from the movie.

#9 Posted by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -
Great movie. I've watched it 5 times. But. a game sorta like the movie has been done. If you're looking for it to be exactly like the movie, then I don't know haha.
#10 Posted by purpleRz (889 posts) -
Doesn't the first COD have a d-day level or what that MOH:AA?
#11 Posted by biggest_loser (23981 posts) -
[QUOTE="Smithgdwg"]

[QUOTE="hazuki"]Medal of honor: allied assult on the pc was basically saving private ryan, without the voice cast or names. VinnoT

Well no it didn't copy them since it was developed by 2015 and DreamWorks Spielbergs production company.

#12 Posted by teardropmina (2806 posts) -

[QUOTE="fatzebra"]Just finished Bia HH. It has a better and more touching story than Ryan and Band of Brothers combined. I love it.XRED_0

Are you serious?! Better AND more touching story?? I get choked up everytime I...loving the movie snip

seeing how big fan of the film you're, BIA:HH might not up to your standard. however, not just HH, the BIA series is about cinematic, story-driven gaming experience.

#13 Posted by Avenger456 (578 posts) -
sounds like a good Idea to me. I think that if they did it well it would be one of the greatest world war 2 games out there
#14 Posted by fatshodan (2886 posts) -
[QUOTE="Smithgdwg"]

[QUOTE="hazuki"]Medal of honor: allied assult on the pc was basically saving private ryan, without the voice cast or names. VinnoT

You know Medal of Honour was created by Steven Spielberg and developed by DreamWorks int., a division of of Spielberg's company?

It ddn't really 'copy' anything.

#15 Posted by Herrick (4465 posts) -
I think the feel of this movie was already put into the Call of Dooty & Brothers in Arms series. No need for an official Saving Ryan's Privates game.
#16 Posted by fatzebra (1470 posts) -

[QUOTE="fatzebra"]Just finished Bia HH. It has a better and more touching story than Ryan and Band of Brothers combined. I love it.XRED_0

Are you serious?! Better AND more touching story?? I get choked up everytime I listen to the speech at the cemetary w/ the old man that is P. Ryan when he is talking to the gravestone.....NEVER felt the same after playing a game. But its just reinforcing my theory on the matter.....THE GAME SHOULD BE LIKE THAT!!

When Matt has to tell Red why he can't fight anymore, I got teared up. Red had a wife and kids man.

#17 Posted by thenewau25 (2058 posts) -

Is it me (as i'm blasting Saving Private Ryan on my HT) or would Saving Private Ryan, if done right, be a kick-a@@ awesome FPS game? It seems lots of FPS are still sticking with the WWII genre (case-in-point, COD:World at War), so I think it would be an awesome game. Think about it: maybe before the SP campaign starts, pick your role to be a Medic, officer giving orders, sniper, general soldier etc and play thru battles in the movie, as well as some extra ones to add some excitement to it. Also, maybe keeping Spielberg involved with the majority of the actors in the movie would make it even better.

Anyone else sharing my opinion on it??

Also, I am well aware that tons of games have missions similar to scenes in the movie, i.e. COD2 w/ beach invasion among others, but I still think with the cinematic value of this film, IF DONE WELL, would be a really awesome game.

XRED_0

yeah mohha but i don reccomend it, cod2 was a bit bad in stoey ill go for mohpa