biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

Some information for anyone interested in Ryse as they take shelter from the war going on outside this forum!

http://www.vg247.com/2014/09/04/ryse-pc-release-date-system-requirements/

System Requirements

Minimum:

Processor: Intel Dual-Core 2.8 GHz/ AMD Dual-Core 3.2 GHz or better

Memory: 4 GB RAM

Graphics: DirectX 11 graphics card with 1 GB video RAM

DirectX: Version 11

Hard Drive: 26 GB available space

Sound Card: DirectX compatible Sound Card with latest drivers

Recommended:

Processor: Intel Quad-Core or AMD Octo-Core

Memory: 8 GB RAM

Graphics: DirectX 11 graphics card with 4 GB video RAM

DirectX: Version 11

Hard Drive: 26 GB available space

Sound Card: DirectX compatible Sound Card with latest drivers

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

sigh, another 20GB onto the hard drive. I think i'm going to need to get a new one.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Before people freak out about the 4 GB vRAM recommendation, remember that Crytek is targeting 4k resolution for the high end specs. Source.

Taking that into consideration the high recommendation for vRAM makes complete sense. The range of vRAM they recommend is 1-4 gb. That's a massive range.

If you're playing at 1080p, you probably won't need more than 2 gbs for a solid framerate. 3 gb should be enough for 1440p. 4gb is going to be needed for 4k.

High-end for the PC is no longer 1080p. I would say high-end standard is now 1440p and is even beginning to push 4k.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@Wasdie said:

Before people freak out about the 4 GB vRAM recommendation, remember that Crytek is targeting 4k resolution for the high end specs. Source.

Taking that into consideration the high recommendation for vRAM makes complete sense. The range of vRAM they recommend is 1-4 gb. That's a massive range.

If you're playing at 1080p, you probably won't need more than 2 gbs for a solid framerate. 3 gb should be enough for 1440p. 4gb is going to be needed for 4k.

High-end for the PC is no longer 1080p. I would say high-end standard is now 1440p and is even beginning to push 4k.

Makes me think those 4GB GTX770s and similar cards were worth it afterall, even if their bandwidth might be restrictive before using all of the memory.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

@Wasdie: heh. They should throw a 4k display in the recommended then. I'm glad some devs are going for 4k. more res is always a good thing imo. one of these days I'll get to experience it.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

@MlauTheDaft: I have a 4gb 770 it was about same price as the other models. I only have a 1080 monitor though so i can't try 4k

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@AutoPilotOn said:

@MlauTheDaft: I have a 4gb 770 it was about same price as the other models. I only have a 1080 monitor though so i can't try 4k

A single 770 won't be able to power 4K gaming but the larger memory buffer certainly does'nt hurt.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@Wasdie said:

That's under the assumption resolution is an ever-increasing number in the industry, though the only thing that suggests that the advertisements from manufacturers trying to sell you the TVs and monitors. I don't think developers are going to start optimizing their games for 4k resolution at any point based on marketing gimmicks geared towards enthusiasts, sales are more important. Nothing suggests that 4k is going to become a standard any time soon, really, except for enthusiasts with too much money. Graphics improve too quickly and 4k is going to because pointless because you'll be turning down all your settings just to play the games at 4k. You'd look like idiots when one year from now 4gb VRAM isn't enough to max games at 4k (Star Citizen?). Then you're paying extreme amounts of money for low graphics settings and an insignificant boost in sharpness - as well as less image quality compared to lower resolution screens (worse contrast, black levels, colors, etc.). People are quick to assume that just because a monitor is high resolution, that it's good (similar to how people view IPS panels), but these people don't realize that all 4k monitors out make major sacrifices to other aspects of picture quality to push the higher resolution, equaling out to a monitor that over all isn't as good looking as lower-resolution sets.

I will say that 1080P is average and 1440P is high end, and that won't change any time soon, though I prefer 1200P myself. All currently existing 4k sets? Worthless if you plan on using actual 4k formatted media, which the standards for haven't even been developed yet. The technology still needs a lot more refinement. People are really quick to jump on this ever-increasing resolution bandwagon, but anyone who has done their research can see that 1080P isn't going anywhere anytime soon, 4k will for a very long time be exclusively for people with huge amounts of cash.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

@Wasdie said:

That's under the assumption resolution is an ever-increasing number in the industry, though the only thing that suggests that the advertisements from manufacturers trying to sell you the TVs and monitors. I don't think developers are going to start optimizing their games for 4k resolution at any point based on marketing gimmicks geared towards enthusiasts, sales are more important. Nothing suggests that 4k is going to become a standard any time soon, really, except for enthusiasts with too much money. Graphics improve too quickly and 4k is going to because pointless because you'll be turning down all your settings just to play the games at 4k. You'd look like idiots when one year from now 4gb VRAM isn't enough to max games at 4k (Star Citizen?). Then you're paying extreme amounts of money for low graphics settings and an insignificant boost in sharpness - as well as less image quality compared to lower resolution screens (worse contrast, black levels, colors, etc.). People are quick to assume that just because a monitor is high resolution, that it's good (similar to how people view IPS panels), but these people don't realize that all 4k monitors out make major sacrifices to other aspects of picture quality to push the higher resolution, equaling out to a monitor that over all isn't as good looking as lower-resolution sets.

I will say that 1080P is average and 1440P is high end, and that won't change any time soon, though I prefer 1200P myself. All currently existing 4k sets? Worthless if you plan on using actual 4k formatted media, which the standards for haven't even been developed yet. The technology still needs a lot more refinement. People are really quick to jump on this ever-increasing resolution bandwagon, but anyone who has done their research can see that 1080P isn't going anywhere anytime soon, 4k will for a very long time be exclusively for people with huge amounts of cash.

I agree with KH on this one.

Most PC gamers are on 1920x1080, and lots on 1680x1050 since they still haven't upgraded monitors.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@MlauTheDaft said:

@Wasdie said:

Makes me think those 4GB GTX770s and similar cards were worth it afterall, even if their bandwidth might be restrictive before using all of the memory.

I use up my 3gb easily just with modding skyrim, so I can see 4gb being pretty standard

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#12 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

Pretty vague, hopefully I can run it pretty smooth at 1080p with my 7950

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#13  Edited By kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

If only this game had more to it than pretty graphics and was longer than 3 hours....

Avatar image for gogoplexiorayo2
Gogoplexiorayo2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

#14 Gogoplexiorayo2
Member since 2013 • 189 Posts

@kozzy1234: It has a nice story. Atleast console players think so, but they are easily impressed as we all know (atleast if the game is easy enough for them)

buckquarterman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 buckquarterman
Member since 2008 • 123 Posts

Can my graphics card use my page file as VRAM ?

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#16  Edited By Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11783 Posts

@Wasdie said:

You know I was kinda tripping a bit, but since you put it in this context. It is rather reasonable! I didn't realize they were shooting for 4k resolution for the recommended requirements, I kinda like it that way. I hope more developers start listing their requirements with similar targets for recommended settings.

You usually make a lot of sense anyway. I am going with my new rig to 1440p, and 4gb of vRAM is going to be a minimum on the next gpu I get, I would rather closer to 8gb. I read a lot of people are going 1440p as well. However, for the time being I still think that 1080p is the standard even for higher end gaming rigs. 1440p, and surely 4k aren't standards yet.

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#17 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

Looks like a boring game to me..