Running FEAR at the right res

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ptrckolivero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ptrckolivero
Member since 2004 • 571 Posts
Hey all for some reason I cant seem to figure out how to change my resolution in FEAR to 1440 x 900 it seems stuck at 1280 instead. I already checked under Display I dont see any option to change to a widescreen format. Any hints?
basersx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 basersx
Member since 2005 • 6222 Posts
Go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Monolith Productions\FEAR and open up the settings.cfg file in note pad.  Change the 2 res lines to what ever res you want and save.  Now run the game. 
ptrckolivero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ptrckolivero
Member since 2004 • 571 Posts
thank you very much
Jack_Summersby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Jack_Summersby
Member since 2005 • 1444 Posts
Go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Monolith Productions\FEAR and open up the settings.cfg file in note pad. Change the 2 res lines to what ever res you want and save. Now run the game. basersx
Only problem is if he goes to the Video settings, the resolution will be reset. He will have to make those files read only. For more info, visit this site:

http://www.tweakguides.com/FEAR_7.html
basersx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 basersx
Member since 2005 • 6222 Posts

[QUOTE="basersx"]Go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Monolith Productions\FEAR and open up the settings.cfg file in note pad. Change the 2 res lines to what ever res you want and save. Now run the game. Jack_Summersby
Only problem is if he goes to the Video settings, the resolution will be reset. He will have to make those files read only. For more info, visit this site:

http://www.tweakguides.com/FEAR_7.html[/QUOTE]

No thats not true.  You can still go in "Performance" and change settings and run the test and it will keep it in the res you set in the .cfg file.  You can not go to "Display" because clicking on that will reset it.  But there is no reason to go to Display anyway, all the settings are under "performance".  Just dont click on "Display" and you will be fine. 

Jack_Summersby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jack_Summersby
Member since 2005 • 1444 Posts
I forgot about that... good point.
Rob_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Rob_101
Member since 2004 • 3291 Posts
Make shure you have the latest patch, which supports 16:10 res. I am running it at 1440x900:)