Rome II Recommended requirements

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16659 posts) -

We've known about the minimum system requirements for a while, but CA has finally released the recommended ones:

Minimum:
Processor:2 GHz Intel Dual Core processor / 2.6 GHz Intel Single Core processor
Memory: 2GB RAM
Graphics:512 MB DirectX 9.0c compatible card (shader model 3, vertex texture fetch support).
DirectX®:9.0c
Hard Drive: 35 GB HD space
Screen Resolution: 1024×768

Recommended:
Processor:2nd Generation Intel Core i5 processor (or greater)
Memory: 4GB RAM
Graphics:1024 MB DirectX 11 compatible graphics card.
DirectX®:11
Hard Drive:35 GB HD space
Screen Resolution: 1920×1080

#2 Posted by wis3boi (31472 posts) -

that couldnt be more vague :P

#3 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16659 posts) -

that couldnt be more vague :P

wis3boi

They are pretty low imo, I expect maxing out this game will require more like 8GB RAM, better GPU, ...

#4 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4139 posts) -
For recommended specs these are indeed pretty damn low. Great to see.
#5 Posted by sailor232 (4831 posts) -

Yeah I dont trust these recommended at all, I guess thats the game on Medium-high, not extreme or very high.

#6 Posted by chaplainDMK (6842 posts) -
Those req's are basically them saying "Yeah, you need a GPU and CPU... Oh and RAM". Also 35 GB of HDD, dayumn
#7 Posted by pelvist (4870 posts) -

Wow, Im actually quite surprised by how low those reccomended are.

#8 Posted by punkpunker (3321 posts) -

Wow, Im actually quite surprised by how low those reccomended are.

pelvist

the game uses a lot of hi rez textures, that explains the high HDD size and relative low requirements.

#9 Posted by Squeets (8184 posts) -

i5 2500k @ 4.5, GTX680, and 16GB of RAM are already outdated :'(

#10 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16659 posts) -

Yeah I dont trust these recommended at all, I guess thats the game on Medium-high, not extreme or very high.

sailor232

That will most likely be the case

Those req's are basically them saying "Yeah, you need a GPU and CPU... Oh and RAM". Also 35 GB of HDD, dayumn chaplainDMK

Yeah, 35GB is huge, but not unexpected ^^

#11 Posted by mhofever (3954 posts) -

Happy to see the recommended specs aren't demanding.

#12 Posted by RazorGR (1605 posts) -

i5 2500k @ 4.5, GTX680, and 16GB of RAM are already outdated :'(

Squeets

You're joking obviously.

#13 Posted by GarGx1 (2769 posts) -

[QUOTE="sailor232"]

R4gn4r0k

That will most likely be the case

Those req's are basically them saying "Yeah, you need a GPU and CPU... Oh and RAM". Also 35 GB of HDD, dayumn chaplainDMK

Yeah, 35GB is huge, but not unexpected ^^

Very High/Ultra requirements will undoubtedly need much more power.

Shogun 2 takes up 35 GB on my HDD but that's including Fall of the Samurai, given the scale of Rome II 35 GB is quite conservative.

#14 Posted by James00715 (2484 posts) -

sailor232

Yep, probably double for max settings.

#15 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16659 posts) -

Very High/Ultra requirements will undoubtedly need much more power.

Shogun 2 takes up 35 GB on my HDD but that's including Fall of the Samurai, given the scale of Rome II 35 GB is quite conservative.

GarGx1

Shogun 2 (+ROTS and FOTS) takes up 22,8GB on my HDD. Perhaps you have more DLC or custom content installed ?

It's quite conservative when you think about the scale of Rome 2 and the fact that the game is way more detailed than Shogun in both the areas you fight in and the soldiers you fight with. But it's still really huge as it tops the currect biggest game: Max Payne 3.

#16 Posted by PernicioEnigma (5388 posts) -
Rec specs are worthless to me. I'll wait for the benchmarks.
#17 Posted by harry_james_pot (10943 posts) -
Hmm.. I wonder how much time is left until 30GB becomes pretty standard for a game size..
#18 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16659 posts) -

Hmm.. I wonder how much time is left until 30GB becomes pretty standard for a game size..harry_james_pot

Don't know. Games like Crysis 3 and Metro Last Light are far less than 30GB and are two of the best looking games to date.

But if games need massive amounts of data and there is a purpose in taking up so much space, I can live with that.

#19 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22141 posts) -

guess I'll be getting the retail version when ever the gold edition is out. though I Creative Assembly adds all the dlc unlike shogun 2 gold

and when ever they are finish with Rome 2, that could mean they will be working on that Aliens game. I hope they they can give the IP justice unlike Gearbox and Rebellion.