Roller Coaster Tycoon 4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ImpSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 0

#1 ImpSlayer
Member since 2007 • 73 Posts

Seeing as how Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 took a big leap and stumbled a bit, what would you like to see RCT 4 as?

Include graphic style/view, gameplay, new rides, etc.

ONLYDOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 ONLYDOD
Member since 2006 • 6026 Posts
I personally liked the graphics from 1&2 more, I would easily buy RT4 if it was just like 1 or 2 but with alot more content.
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
Better gameplay.
Meska2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Meska2
Member since 2006 • 392 Posts
I want to see RCT4 have better gameplay, more.. career in it. instead of.. just.. build your park up to this mark, then go to new level.. id like to see it maybe go online.. and see whos parks have more attractions, and customers :)
that would be fun IMO
Avatar image for floridaskater05
floridaskater05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 floridaskater05
Member since 2005 • 1876 Posts
i wish they would come out with a JP operation genesis 2 !!!
JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 JP_Russell
Member since 2005 • 12893 Posts

1. Bring back the RCT 1 and 2 goodness. Drop the RCT3 art style, get rid of the whole "pop" feel the game has to it (the interface, the music, the less do-it-yourself gameplay).

2. Keep genders and ages, but bring the focus back to people's traits and preferences, and build upon that aspect by giving them other aspects that influence what they like and why.

3. Where's my Goddamn merry-go-round music, RCT3?! Huh? Where is it?! No, seriously, I want LOTS of music this time, without most of the pop culture stuff that was in 3.

4. I want all the scenary depth of the first two games back, and then some. I want reeeaaally complex decoration options that make a difference in your park.

5. RCT3 made everything too much of a professional theme park simulation, and dropped all feeling of starting out as a small-town carnival-like place. It's part of the whole pop movement the game underwent, trying to be a simulation of what's more "in" in the theme park world, what's more popular. I want the more open slate of the old games instead of something that feels like I have to build my park catering to a certain kind of crowd.

6. Why, oh why, did RCT3 see fit to make employess a pain in the ass? It may have been more realistic, but who the heck thought it would be a good idea to force you to discipline every one of your workers frequently to increase their effectiveness (eventually running out of disciplines, meaning you will have to fire each and every individual worker at some point because none of them can keep their crap together on their own) and give them unreasonable raises (forever) to keep them from being a pouty little *****, not to mention adjusting their work hours (ending up at the point where many of them would get exausted just from full-time)? I wouldn't mind having some personality depth similar to what the guests had in the old games added to the employees so that you have to assign each employee to whatever field in their job they'd be most effective at (actually, that sounds pretty nice), but none of this tiresome work that is dealing with them and keeping the ungrateful little creeps happy in RCT3.

7. More rides. A lot more rides. And food stalls. And everything else you can build, for that matter. RCT3 seemed like it actually had less options than 2 or even 1 did in this regard.

8. Bring back the economic depth of 1 and 2, and enhance it a bit

Basically, I want RCT3's level of technological advancement (well, a bit more than that by now), keep the old RCT feel and mechanics instead of ****ing with it needlessly, and expand on things and create more depth from there. None of the unnecessary and frustrating additions like disciplining employess and adjusting food toppings at stalls and all that stuff that simply is superfluous depth adding nothing to the game but tedium. Oh, and make the ride camera actually fun... I had much more fun watching my rollercoasters in the old games than riding them in RCT3 because it didn't feel like I was on a ride. There was no intensity, no thrill, and it was all very stiff.

Avatar image for deactivated-60f7582dcaa79
deactivated-60f7582dcaa79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-60f7582dcaa79
Member since 2004 • 510 Posts

1. Bring back the RCT 1 and 2 goodness. Drop the RCT3 art style, get rid of the whole "pop" feel the game has to it (the interface, the music, the less do-it-yourself gameplay).

2. Keep genders and ages, but bring the focus back to people's traits and preferences, and build upon that aspect by giving them other aspects that influence what they like and why.

3. Where's my Goddamn merry-go-round music, RCT3?! Huh? Where is it?! No, seriously, I want LOTS of music this time, without most of the pop culture stuff that was in 3.

4. I want all the scenary depth of the first two games back, and then some. I want reeeaaally complex decoration options that make a difference in your park.

5. RCT3 made everything too much of a professional theme park simulation, and dropped all feeling of starting out as a small-town carnival-like place. It's part of the whole pop movement the game underwent, trying to be a simulation of what's more "in" in the theme park world, what's more popular. I want the more open slate of the old games instead of something that feels like I have to build my park catering to a certain kind of crowd.

6. Why, oh why, did RCT3 see fit to make employess a pain in the ass? It may have been more realistic, but who the heck thought it would be a good idea to force you to discipline every one of your workers frequently to increase their effectiveness (eventually running out of disciplines, meaning you will have to fire each and every individual worker at some point because none of them can keep their crap together on their own) and give them unreasonable raises (forever) to keep them from being a pouty little *****, not to mention adjusting their work hours (ending up at the point where many of them would get exausted just from full-time)? I wouldn't mind having some personality depth similar to what the guests had in the old games added to the employees so that you have to assign each employee to whatever field in their job they'd be most effective at (actually, that sounds pretty nice), but none of this tiresome work that is dealing with them and keeping the ungrateful little creeps happy in RCT3.

7. More rides. A lot more rides. And food stalls. And everything else you can build, for that matter. RCT3 seemed like it actually had less options than 2 or even 1 did in this regard.

8. Bring back the economic depth of 1 and 2, and enhance it a bit

Basically, I want RCT3's level of technological advancement (well, a bit more than that by now), keep the old RCT feel and mechanics instead of ****ing with it needlessly, and expand on things and create more depth from there. None of the unnecessary and frustrating additions like disciplining employess and adjusting food toppings at stalls and all that stuff that simply is superfluous depth adding nothing to the game but tedium. Oh, and make the ride camera actually fun... I had much more fun watching my rollercoasters in the old games than riding them in RCT3 because it didn't feel like I was on a ride. There was no intensity, no thrill, and it was all very stiff.

JP_Russell

+1

twisteddman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 twisteddman
Member since 2005 • 48 Posts

I played the heck out of all 3 RCT games. Loved all three and would enjoy a fourth for sure. I beleive all a fourth would need is more of everything RCT3 had, and an easier way of exploring your park in first person.

Just wanted to add about the complaint that employees are difficult in RCT3. What you are refering to ,you would only need to do if you dont pay to train your employees. There is a little tab that you can easily miss under the employee that opens a training menu. you can train them 4 times. I never had any trouble with an employee that was both trained and had his work area defined. I never had to take disciplinary actions too an employee or give him a raise once this was done.

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 JP_Russell
Member since 2005 • 12893 Posts

Just wanted to add about the complaint that employees are difficult in RCT3. What you are refering to ,you would only need to do if you dont pay to train your employees. There is a little tab that you can easily miss under the employee that opens a training menu. you can train them 4 times. I never had any trouble with an employee that was both trained and had his work area defined. I never had to take disciplinary actions too an employee or give him a raise once this was done.

twisteddman

Yes, I trained them. Their effectiveness would always decline. Always. Every single time. I'd train the heck out of them, give them absurdly high pays, keep them in very reasonable patrol routes (and they would constantly not stay in them, I might add), discipline them when that wasn't enough, and they'd still continue to lose effectiveness and happiness. Eventually, and in all cases, I had no choice but to fire them and hire a new worker to replace them. Ridiculous.

twisteddman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 twisteddman
I really have no idea what you are doing wrong, but i have played this game over and over , completed every scenario multiple times and never had this issue. Its not the game its something you are doing. All i do is train them give them good sized area to look after and thats it. Maybe you are expecting them to look after to big of an area ? I dont know
twisteddman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 twisteddman
I really have no idea what you are doing wrong, but i have played this game over and over , completed every scenario multiple times and never had this issue. Its not the game its something you are doing. All i do is train them give them good sized area to look after and thats it. Maybe you are expecting them to look after to big of an area ? I dont know