Rockstar talks about La Noire pc version!!

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

STOCKMAN22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 STOCKMAN22
Member since 2010 • 415 Posts

Rockstar gave an interview yesteday about the posiibility ofpc version of La noire

http://www.dnews.de/nachrichten/games/392965/la-noire-kommt-demnachst-eine-pc-version.html

they said that making pc version will be very hard due a lot of different configuration but that making a pc version of la noire will be intresting.

This means that

1 they will announce pc version after release of console version or

2 they will not release pc version

it is the first time Rocksat talked about pc version of la noirw

NoAssKicker47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#2 NoAssKicker47
Member since 2004 • 2855 Posts

That's great and all, but right now I'd much rather hear about them announcing Red Dead Redemption for PC.

STOCKMAN22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 STOCKMAN22

That's great and all, but right now I'd much rather hear about them announcing Red Dead Redemption for PC.

NoAssKicker47

I agree they must release Red Dead on pc first. Let hope that they decide to release La Noir on pc too!

Naked-Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Naked-Snake
Member since 2006 • 368 Posts

i hope it comes out for pc. this is the greatest news ive heard in a week. thanks man. and stop being so negative people, this is good news, lets not care about red dead redemption for now.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

i hope it comes out for pc. this is the greatest news ive heard in a week. thanks man. and stop being so negative people, this is good news, lets not care about red dead redemption for now.

Naked-Snake
How is wanting RDR more being negative :?
CoolSkAGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CoolSkAGuy
Member since 2006 • 9665 Posts
While Red Dead is good, I am glad Rockstar is porting another game to PC.
Avatar image for Ikuto_Tsukiyomi
Ikuto_Tsukiyomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ikuto_Tsukiyomi
Member since 2010 • 822 Posts

While Red Dead is good, I am glad Rockstar is porting another game to PC.CoolSkAGuy

They never talked about Red dead on PC (That i remember) Them talking about LA Noire on PC is very promising. It looks like a very nice game and would be a day one buy if 100% confirmed for PC.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
LA Noire on PC would be awesome. Let's hope so.
Darth_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Darth_Kane
Member since 2006 • 2966 Posts

2 they will not release pc versionSTOCKMAN22

So, they'll either release a pc version or WON'T release one. I kinda think EVERYBODY knew that by now

-CheeseEater-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 -CheeseEater-
Member since 2007 • 5258 Posts
I really would like to play Red Red Redemption on my powerful rig, it'd be a sigh to behold I'm sure!
Avatar image for charmingcharlie
charmingcharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 charmingcharlie
Member since 2006 • 1244 Posts

All I see from that link is Rockstar making excuses for their shoddy work on the PC :-

It is difficult to translate the game for the PC, he openly admitted.Even with GTA 4 Rockstar would have had big problems with a clean implementation: the sheer number of components of the game (game world, AI, physics etc.), thus the complexity of a game, combined with a variety of PC configurations of players around the world mountains tons of errors.Jeronimo

Doesn't exactly inspire me with confidence in Rockstar's work with regard to the PC. As for LA Noire I doubt we will see a PC release of it, Rockstar is very much a console centric company these days and they show an increasing reluctance to do anything but lip service to the PC.

Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
For the love of god, please do not give the porting duties to Rockstar Toronto if you do intend to port it.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
This game makes me laugh. The implementation of the facial animations and the acting is what makes it for me.
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#15 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts
Rockstar games are the only thing missing on PC. If they made all their games on PC, there wouldn't be a reason for me owning a console.
Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

I'm don't feel very thrilled by that. They said it's troublesome to make GTA IV for PC, i say they were lazy and incompetent. They should recieve no credit or hype from the PC comunnity.

TheOtherTheoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TheOtherTheoG
Member since 2010 • 2287 Posts
Looking forward to a Red Dead Redemption/LA Noire compilation pack for PC next year :)
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Well if it comes out on PC and I get it, it will no doubt be for the PC version. I was forced to buy RDR on PS3 because they neglected the PC gamers :P.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GeneralShowzer

Well if it comes out on PC and I get it, it will no doubt be for the PC version. I was forced to buy RDR on PS3 because they neglected the PC gamers :P.

NaveedLife
RDR would have been a lot better on PC, simply because of mouse controls. The auto-aiming in RDR was ridiculous, there is just no way you can aim like you should with a controller. Add Mods to that, and three times better graphics and well :P
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

GeneralShowzer
RDR would have been a lot better on PC, simply because of mouse controls. The auto-aiming in RDR was ridiculous, there is just no way you can aim like you should with a controller. Add Mods to that, and three times better graphics and well :P

Yea, I never got to play it since I don't own any consoles, but the aiming looks atrocious. If I played it, I would be forced to use Dead Eye. I really hope one day we will here something. I would like a definite no or yes at least. BTW, Pirates is going to be awesome!
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GeneralShowzer
[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"][QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

millerlight89

Yea, I never got to play it since I don't own any consoles, but the aiming looks atrocious. If I played it, I would be forced to use Dead Eye. I really hope one day we will here something. I would like a definite no or yes at least. BTW, Pirates is going to be awesome!

Oh yeah, I really like pirates even the second one and the third one. In Strangers Tides, they aim to go back to what made the first movie so great, less focus on complex story and more focus on characters. I'm not sure if i should ask this, but why don't you get a PS3? Plenty of good PlayStation exclusive developers, and the occasional Multi-plat that doesn't make it to PC. If i could pick between my PC and my PS3, i would throw away my PS3 in a second, but you seem well enough to own both.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Elann2008

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

GeneralShowzer

Same reasons why I would love for Vanquish to be released on the PC as well. Too bad it will never happen. RDR has a good chance though. Vanquish has such a great game design. Everything from level design, to gameplay, amount of detail, but it lacks the visual polish (sharpness). Vanquish still kicks ass though.\

Although I think RDR is one of the better looking console games and it looks even better than some PC ported games out there.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GeneralShowzer

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"][QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

Elann2008

Same reasons why I would love for Vanquish to be released on the PC as well. Too bad it will never happen. RDR has a good chance though. Vanquish has such a great game design. Everything from level design, to gameplay, amount of detail, but it lacks the visual polish (sharpness). Vanquish still kicks ass though.\

Although I think RDR is one of the better looking console games and it looks even better than some PC ported games out there.

I dislike Vanquish for the same reason i dislike Bayonetta. Just not for me...too over the top, too tacky. Not impressed with the fast paced gameplay either. And GTA IV looks better on PC, unmodded, add some graphical mods to that and it's far beyond what RDR can do.
PTMags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PTMags
Member since 2006 • 783 Posts

Eh, personally i'd rather have LA Noire on the PC. Don't get me wrong, Red Dead is pretty fun and I enjoyed the story, but the side-stuff and the gameplay in general gets fairly repetitive after a few hours. Of course, LA Noire could be exactly the same, but I haven't really heard anything yet about the gameplay itself. I like the the setting and the possibility of something new and something fresh, as opposed to GTA in the Wild West.

STOCKMAN22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 STOCKMAN22

There is no doubt that one of the 2 games (Red Dead or La noire) or even both will come to pc. Rockstar announced a month ago that they are working in one new pc title so it will be one of those 2 games. They have also said that Manhunt 2 and Bully and GTA DLC will not come to pc but they came.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Elann2008
[QUOTE="Elann2008"]

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"] RDR would have been a lot better on PC, simply because of mouse controls. The auto-aiming in RDR was ridiculous, there is just no way you can aim like you should with a controller. Add Mods to that, and three times better graphics and well :PGeneralShowzer

I dislike Vanquish for the same reason i dislike Bayonetta. Just not for me...too over the top, too tacky. Not impressed with the fast paced gameplay either. And GTA IV looks better on PC, unmodded, add some graphical mods to that and it's far beyond what RDR can do.

I respect your opinion. I did not like Bayonetta at all.. I never understood why people praised it so much. I did play it, if people were wondering and it was not for me. If you think Vanquish is cheesy, gawd, Bayonetta is cheesier hehe. But I know people play these games not for the story, or awesome dialogue, but simply for gameplay. I understand that clearly. I just didn't have fun with Bayonetta at all. Vanquish on the other hand is good fun, nothing special, just good fun. Yeah, I'd love for RDR to come out on the PC. I would buy it again.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Elann2008

Eh, personally i'd rather have LA Noire on the PC. Don't get me wrong, Red Dead is pretty fun and I enjoyed the story, but the side-stuff and the gameplay in general gets fairly repetitive after a few hours. Of course, LA Noire could be exactly the same, but I haven't really heard anything yet about the gameplay itself. I like the the setting and the possibility of something new and something fresh, as opposed to GTA in the Wild West.

PTMags
I'm not sure if you ran into the thread yesterday where someone posted about LA Noire's facial animation technology. It's the best I've seen in gaming. It's worth checking out. You should watch it if you haven't already. As for my anticipation for the game, I'm very eager to get my hands on it. To me, like Blizzard, Rockstar delivers the goods. ;)
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

GeneralShowzer

I turned the auto aim off cause its super lame haha. I don't get what the fascination with auto aim is these days. They never used to have them on consoles (despite them always sucking for FPS games) but now RDR, Goldeneye, Killzone 3 (please don't have this in MP mode), and more have the ADS snap on. What fun is that?

Urworstnhtmare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#29 Urworstnhtmare
Member since 2008 • 2630 Posts

Both RDR and LA Noire would be 1st day purchases for me.

PTMags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 PTMags
Member since 2006 • 783 Posts

[QUOTE="PTMags"]

Elann2008

I'm not sure if you ran into the thread yesterday where someone posted about LA Noire's facial animation technology. It's the best I've seen in gaming. It's worth checking out. You should watch it if you haven't already. As for my anticipation for the game, I'm very eager to get my hands on it. To me, like Blizzard, Rockstar delivers the goods. ;)

Yeah it's pretty amazing, I hope more games start using the technology. The potential there is HUGE.

murekkep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#32 murekkep
Member since 2005 • 758 Posts
Weren't they looking for a Dx10 programmer a couple of days ago? Maybe this could be a hope for pc version.
STOCKMAN22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 STOCKMAN22

Weren't they looking for a Dx10 programmer a couple of days ago? Maybe this could be a hope for pc version.murekkep

And they are still looking... I finaly talked with Nvdia support about the issue and they told me that they want to help Rocktar bringing their games to pc, but to do it Rockstar must join the it meant to be played program. So i sent an email to Rocksar Toronto and told them that i spoke with nvdia and that they must join the ''It Meant to be Played' program to get help from them. But It has been a week since i sent email to rocksar and they have not answer me yet.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#34 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
lol being very hard... heres how i see rockstar. rockstar is one the top devs out their and they pretty much will make a GREAT TO EPIC it will sell millions and easy get their money back. and if game is total flop just release gta5 you make 5x
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#35 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Gimme Red Dead. There's only one Noir game in my life!
snokdruid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 snokdruid
Member since 2007 • 260 Posts

I wonder what development team would work on a port. Didn't rockstar hire a team just for PC earlier this year?

Team Bondi stated that they will only be developing games for console.

cabose38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 cabose38
Member since 2005 • 1162 Posts

[QUOTE="murekkep"]Weren't they looking for a Dx10 programmer a couple of days ago? Maybe this could be a hope for pc version.STOCKMAN22

And they are still looking... I finaly talked with Nvdia support about the issue and they told me that they want to help Rocktar bringing their games to pc, but to do it Rockstar must join the it meant to be played program. So i sent an email to Rocksar Toronto and told them that i spoke with nvdia and that they must join the ''It Meant to be Played' program to get help from them. But It has been a week since i sent email to rocksar and they have not answer me yet.

Well it had better be just as optimized for AMD as for Nvidia/Intel.

sage_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 sage_viper
Member since 2006 • 26 Posts

This means that

STOCKMAN22

Wow, you hit the nail right on the head.

Do you mean to say that, because they were asked about it, they may or may not announce/release a PC version of L.A. Noire? Fascinating.

magnusm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 magnusm1
Member since 2009 • 918 Posts

NoAssKicker47
This.
Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts
That's great and all, but right now I'd much rather hear about them announcing Red Dead Redemption for PC.NoAssKicker47
It's too late for that I'm afraid.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#41 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Interesting, was just going to get this on xbox or ps3, but if it scoming to PC, def get it on PC instead.

artitech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 artitech
Member since 2011 • 34 Posts

I wonder how much space it would take up, considering they're using three discs for 360.

Avatar image for charmingcharlie
charmingcharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 charmingcharlie
Member since 2006 • 1244 Posts

Interesting, was just going to get this on xbox or ps3, but if it scoming to PC, def get it on PC instead.

kozzy1234

It isn't coming to the PC though, the TC's post in no way suggests LA Noire will come to the PC. It is just basically Rockstar admitting they do not have the technical ability to produce a competent product on the PC.

So if you want to play LA Noire or any of Rockstars games then you will have to settle for playing them on a console because aside from Max Payne 3 I can't see Rockstar bothering with the PC any time soon.

attirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 attirex
Member since 2007 • 2453 Posts
This game looks about as exciting as....sifting through evidence to solve a crime.
rhazzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 rhazzy
Member since 2009 • 1516 Posts

STOCKMAN22

LOL...thank you Captain Obvious!

I dont need to read some interview in order to get to that conclusion...."Either they will make it or they will not make it for pc"...this idea was there in the first place to begin with...That interview dosent say nothing at all,why are we taking notice of it?why are we dabateing it?Or maybe TC draw the wrong conclusions?

c_rakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46 c_rakk
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Red Dead Redemption, Skate, L.A. Noire... These games make me wish I have a console :(

macronia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 macronia
Member since 2008 • 585 Posts
hope they bring it , but why is it difficult to bring to PC , why so ?? i know that PC developing is easier than consoles
Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Birdy09
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts
This "Hard to make due to different configurations" crap again, maybe if they bothered from day 1 like most multiplat developers they wouldnt have this problem. So annoying.
magnax1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 magnax1
Member since 2007 • 4605 Posts

I actually never noticed that they never released red dead on Noire on PC. That really sucks for people only with computers, Red Dead was an amazing game, maybe the best of the generation.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

I'd love to see what RDR would look like on my PC. Fingers crossed for La Noire but I wouldnt hold my breath.