Resident Evil 5 playable with M & K ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by OgreB (2523 posts) -

Someone gifted it to me on Steam.

Debating whether to install , I realize it's not the greatest game but I'm bored ! Insanely bored.

#2 Posted by II-Siamak-II (463 posts) -

Someone gifted it to me on Steam.

Debating whether to install , I realize it's not the greatest game but I'm bored ! Insanely bored.

OgreB

So you have the game and it was gifted to you and you don't even wanna atleast try it and see how it is? to answer your question yes, it works fine with KB/M

#3 Posted by Armoured_Mage (766 posts) -

it works, its not good though.

#4 Posted by Krelian-co (10481 posts) -

yes it is, its actually better than with a controller

#5 Posted by kozzy1234 (35168 posts) -

Works with K+M, both controller and K+M work well for RE5 imo.

#6 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

I played RE5 with mouse and keyboard. It was great. Controlled perfectly. Unlike RE4...

#7 Posted by Socijalisticka (1621 posts) -

TPSs often function more efficiently with a controller.

#8 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

Socijalisticka

Typically, yeah. Some just screw it up, though, and make the mouse feel real bad. In general, though, when it's done right, anything that involved aiming is better with a mouse.

Edit: Haha. I just realized you said "with a controller", not mouse.

#9 Posted by bonafidetk (3820 posts) -

Krelian-co
Thats a matter of opinion. I find RE5 is better with KB&M. Aiming is better and inventory management is easier.
#10 Posted by flipin_jackass (9726 posts) -
It was good with K/M. I wanted to use my 360 controller, but I was playing it in co-op and needed chat.
#11 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4119 posts) -

Socijalisticka
I completely disagree. Even in TPS games I like to have the accuracy of a mouse. I can't stand aiming with a controller.
#12 Posted by SaintJimmmy (2815 posts) -

I played RE5 with mouse and keyboard. It was great. Controlled perfectly. Unlike RE4...

the_bi99man
This^^^^ if you worried if it controlled like re4, they didn't make the same mistakes.
#13 Posted by nutcrackr (12493 posts) -
It played fine with mouse & keyboard for me.
#14 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

SaintJimmmy

This^^^^ if you worried if it controlled like re4, they didn't make the same mistakes.

Yup. I think it's because they actually set out to make a "PC version" of RE5. With 4, they just outsourced to Ubisoft years later to throw together a port for a few more sales.

that said, I've been replaying RE4 recently, on PC. And... after fixing the issues with mods, then drastically enhancing the graphics with more mods... definitive version. Looks and plays amazing.

#15 Posted by Socijalisticka (1621 posts) -

[QUOTE="Socijalisticka"]

Toxic-Seahorse

I completely disagree. Even in TPS games I like to have the accuracy of a mouse. I can't stand aiming with a controller.

Fluid motion is usually the crux of cover-centered TPSs, with reticle precision plays a lesser role. Traversing a level with a keyboard is burdensome in faster-paced cover shooters like Gears or Vanquish. Even in a slow-paced game like GRAW, it's quite hideous. Then again it depends on the game. KB+M would probably work more efficiently in Resident Evil or Dead Space.

#16 Posted by toddx77 (3284 posts) -

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

bonafidetk

Thats a matter of opinion. I find RE5 is better with KB&M. Aiming is better and inventory management is easier.

This. Aiming is indeed easier plus you have the number keys to pull out your items where as with a control you only have the 4 arrows so you have to bring up the item screen for the other 5 items and the game doesn't pause when you do that.

#17 Posted by madrocketeer (2623 posts) -
I played RE5 with M&KB by default. Apart from the weirdly wild difference in look sensitivity between walking and aiming modes which sometimes gave me motion-sickness like symptoms, it worked great.
#18 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4119 posts) -

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"][QUOTE="Socijalisticka"]

Socijalisticka

Fluid motion is usually the crux of cover-centered TPSs, with reticle precision plays a lesser role. Traversing a level with a keyboard is burdensome in faster-paced cover shooters like Gears or Vanquish. Even in a slow-paced game like GRAW, it's quite hideous. Then again it depends on the game. KB+M would probably work more efficiently in Resident Evil or Dead Space.

GRAW isn't a TPS on the PC (at least GRAW 2 isn't). I have never felt restricted in movement by using a keyboard vs a controller. Movement with a controller doesn't feel any more fluid to me.
#19 Posted by Krelian-co (10481 posts) -

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

bonafidetk

that's what i said >>

#20 Posted by IZoMBiEI (6477 posts) -

I tryed it first with a mouse and keyboard...had to switch to controller, didnt like it. Its far better than RE4 was though, still an obvious port.