Resident Evil 4 getting an hd remake for pc. out next month

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by TheShadowLord07 (22153 posts) -

steam link

Supposed to be 60fps according to neogaf,but the image quality didn't look as good though. It also some come's with a free digital soundtrack and supports kb/m(like the original but unknown if they do would do a better job on it). I don't get how it's 15gb when they just updating it with a high res/better textures(which it doesn't seem like that cause some of still don't look as good). Doesn't make sense really.

#2 Posted by Glutenbob (249 posts) -

This is really pathetic. There is a texture patch out for this game from a modder that makes the original look amazing.

Why would anyone buy this version when the textures aren't even as good as games that came out early in the 360's lifespan.

#3 Edited by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

Yeah... I'm way over the Resident Evil 4 PC port. :P Like Gluttenbob said, the modders' textures are better than this by a long shot.

#4 Posted by kungfool69 (2581 posts) -

i have the Gamecube version and the original PC release with mods and OMG the PC version looks fantastic. U have to mod and patch to make it include Xbox controller support, and the first patch makes it jump from PS2 texture quality to PC power. I think if was to drop any money on it i would probably buy this version for easy access as i will eventually loose my CD.

#5 Posted by gameofthering (10393 posts) -

I hope it's a sign that Code Veronica may make its way over to Steam.

#6 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

@gameofthering said:

(throws money at screen)

#7 Edited by insane_metalist (6446 posts) -

I'll consider getting it if I see it on sale around $10 or less.

#8 Posted by Arthas045 (5398 posts) -

I think I am done with RE4 I wore that thing out on PS2...

#9 Posted by darksusperia (6943 posts) -

@Elann2008 said:

@gameofthering said:

(throws money at screen)

+1. I have fond memories of playing code veronica on the dreamcast

#10 Edited by slipknot0129 (5496 posts) -

I'll buy it. Been wanting this for a long time.

#11 Posted by danxxx (682 posts) -

i thought there was one already..

#12 Posted by Gamesterpheonix (3550 posts) -

Will wait for a sale. SweetFX and the new graphics might make it a nice experience. I tried playing it on PS2 once but it was hard. lol. Willing to give it another chance for sure though...at sub $10 though. Haha. Too old a game to pay more.

#13 Posted by PcGamingRig (7118 posts) -

I'll probably get it, maybe not straight away.

get it in a sale.

It has the real time cutscenes and everything, yes?

I never actually completed it before, remember being amazing though.

#14 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

@darksusperia said:

@Elann2008 said:

@gameofthering said:

(throws money at screen)

+1. I have fond memories of playing code veronica on the dreamcast

Same. I have fond memories of playing video games on the Dreamcast. Period. :D

#15 Posted by Sweetbackhair (1926 posts) -

If I get it, I'll hopefully beat the game.

#16 Edited by Cwagmire21 (5896 posts) -

I sure hope this game will play at 60 FPS. It's 9 years old!

I really loved this game when it came out, but with everything else out, I definitely won't pay full price for a game I played nearly a decade ago. Maybe on a sale, maybe.

#17 Posted by II-Siamak-II (464 posts) -

You guys are pretty darn wrong....I have the original PC version with about 7-9 gigs of mods installed and yet ill be buying this. why? native 1080p and 60fps, native M/K support with key binding, native widescreen and HD cut-scenes. yea i'll gladly pay $20.00 for those options as a huge RE4 fan and to me it's like dream comes true. all I need now is MGS HD Collection to hit Steam.

#18 Posted by biggest_loser (24102 posts) -

Why now and why is it $20? I wish I could have played this earlier because its meant to be a fantastic horror game.

#19 Posted by ChiefvsGordon (1085 posts) -

$20 is too much for this old game, even in hd. it is probably one of my favorite games of all time but i beat the hell out of it already on gamecube.