Refund for Elder Scrolls Online

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

Check out this thread at MMORPG.com, dude got a Paypal refund on the grounds the game is buggy as shit and features tons of exploits. There are others on there who got refunds through their credit card/bank.

I jumped on board and just got my $80 back I spent on the Imperial Edition, you have 45 days with Paypal. Just open a claim up and tell them why and within 12 hours you will have your money back, well I did anyway. Zenimax gave Paypal refunding power without having to get it approved through them.

PC Gamer's rejoice, it is a good day when you can get a refund on a broken product. On another note, I cancelled my sub a week ago and never got an exit survey to ask me why I did so and what they can do to improve the game. That is a fail on a all levels. Just got my account sub expired email today with my refund and still nothing.

sleepingzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2  Edited By sleepingzzz
Member since 2006 • 2263 Posts

Why would they need a survey? I think they know the massive problems with their game.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@vfibsux said:

Check out this thread at MMORPG.com, dude got a Paypal refund on the grounds the game is buggy as shit and features tons of exploits. There are others on there who got refunds through their credit card/bank.

I jumped on board and just got my $80 back I spent on the Imperial Edition, you have 45 days with Paypal. Just open a claim up and tell them why and within 12 hours you will have your money back, well I did anyway. Zenimax gave Paypal refunding power without having to get it approved through them.

PC Gamer's rejoice, it is a good day when you can get a refund on a broken product. On another note, I cancelled my sub a week ago and never got an exit survey to ask me why I did so and what they can do to improve the game. That is a fail on a all levels. Just got my account sub expired email today with my refund and still nothing.

Most MMOs offer a refund if you ask for it before the 30 free days are over.

Game isn't all bad but I'm glad you got your money back.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@vfibsux said:

That's a nice thing.

bluesunmerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By bluesunmerc
Member since 2014 • 281 Posts

ITs terrifying to see this becoming a trend. Ive noticed games are starting to launch unfinished and buggy as a roach filled apartment (Im looking at you bf4)

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FelipeInside

@bluesunmerc said:

ITs terrifying to see this becoming a trend. Ive noticed games are starting to launch unfinished and buggy as a roach filled apartment (Im looking at you bf4)

Games have always been released with bugs and unfinished parts, difference is that now more people know about it straight away thanks to the internet, and games are so complex that more bugs are prone to happen.

Another problem is timeline pressure. Games have to be released a lot quicker than before, and that leads to devs using shortcuts or not really testing things out before launch.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I thought the complaint with Elder Scrolls Online was it's a big stinking pile of shit. Is it really that buggy?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FelipeInside

@BattleSpectre said:

I thought the complaint with Elder Scrolls Online was it's a big stinking pile of shit. Is it really that buggy?

It's a bit buggy in some parts but they are fixing most of it.

The complaints are coming from people that expected a Skyrim online, with the same freedom and sandbox, which can never be translated into an MMO.

Personally I don't think it's a pile of shit, it's an ok game for what it is but some design decisiones really left me wondering why.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FelipeInside

@reaper4278 said:

At this point you are just a propaganda machine for them, and for what?

FYI, I got a full refund on the game. So you were saying...?

soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 soolkiki
Member since 2008 • 1783 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@reaper4278 said:

*sigh* man, people sure get emotional over whether or not someone likes something.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@reaper4278 said:

Why did you do that? You enjoyed the game...

Anyway, I wouldn't take my money back if they tried to give it to me....I love the game.

soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By soolkiki
Member since 2008 • 1783 Posts

@BSC14 said:

@FelipeInside said:

@reaper4278 said:

Anyway, I wouldn't take my money back if they tried to give it to me....I love the game.

Well I'm glad to hear it. :) I was part of the crowd that was hoping for multiplayer Skyrim, so I was severely disappointed when I played the beta. For now, I'll stcik with the normal ES, and Guild wars 2.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@vfibsux said:

Want games to be labeled "finished" when they're actually finished? Stop supporting big publishers newb, Early Access is the only way to go ;)

I mean...how many times do you need to get owned by a publisher before you let it sink in? They're the only ones who consistently push unfinished games to retail. We're getting to the point where it's happens more often than it doesn't.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FelipeInside

@BSC14 said:

I did, and the game isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be, although they need to fix some things asap.

My reason for the refund was mostly personal in regards to playtime. I am realizing more and more each day that, simply put, I just don't have time for MMOs anymore. These days I only get a few hours free for gaming per week, and it's mostly used up by a few quick games of FIFA or Titanfall with friends. Like I said before, I haven't even reached max level on GW2 and that is free, so the $15 x month for ESO was just throwing money away, and I'm building a new house at the moment so I need as much spare money as I can muster. I still prefer to play SP games and with things like Watch Dogs, Assassins Creed and a few other titles coming up, subscribing to an MMO would have been useless for me.

I'm still glad I tried it though and I miss it sometimes when I hear news about it. If it ever goes F2P I might give it another shot, or if suddenly my life becomes less busy.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FelipeInside
@reaper4278 said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@vfibsux said:

Want games to be labeled "finished" when they're actually finished? Stop supporting big publishers newb, Early Access is the only way to go ;)

I mean...how many times do you need to get owned by a publisher before you let it sink in? They're the only ones who consistently push unfinished games to retail. We're getting to the point where it's happens more often than it doesn't.

I will support Early Access when they are not charging double for the game. Give me a discount and I will help you test it.

The KHAndAnime Logic:

- Don't buy a $60 full finished game with bugs that they are fixing constantly since it's a brand new MMO.

- Pay $150 for an Alpha that doesn't have everything, is buggy and where the finished product will be FREE to everyone.

And you wonder why people don't follow your logic?

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@FelipeInside said:
@reaper4278 said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@vfibsux said:

I will support Early Access when they are not charging double for the game. Give me a discount and I will help you test it.

The KHAndAnime Logic:

- Don't buy a $60 full finished game with bugs that they are fixing constantly since it's a brand new MMO.

- Pay $150 for an Alpha that doesn't have everything, is buggy and where the finished product will be FREE to everyone.

because all early access games cost 100+. Screw logic!

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FelipeInside
@wis3boi said:

Keep up with the topic at hand instead of randomly reading stuff and commenting. I'm comparing ESO (which is the main subject here) with ArcheAge (which is the latest thing KH defended). They are both MMOs. If you want to go a step back, KH also defended Everquest Landmark, another MMO builder which had a $120 price tag for alpha testing and which will be FREE as a finished product.

Hey, you want to pay for something free, all the power to you, just don't expect everyone else to be that stupid. But I'm not going to go into early access discussion again, it's clear some people can't see reasoning in front of them.

Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#22 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts

ESO is infested with bots who camp at dungeons bosses or go into a pathing circle that is ruining the gaming experience for legitimate players. There is worry they will start infecting the main story line so people cant advance through the game. This problem is bigger then the bugs, since might actually kill the game.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@FelipeInside said:
@wis3boi said:

Keep up with the topic at hand instead of randomly reading stuff and commenting. I'm comparing ESO (which is the main subject here) with ArcheAge (which is the latest thing KH defended). They are both MMOs. If you want to go a step back, KH also defended Everquest Landmark, another MMO builder which had a $120 price tag for alpha testing and which will be FREE as a finished product.

Hey, you want to pay for something free, all the power to you, just don't expect everyone else to be that stupid. But I'm not going to go into early access discussion again, it's clear some people can't see reasoning in front of them.

but here's the thing..access to the alpha isn't free. If the developers were handing out codes to everyone to get into the alpha access AND charging $150 to get into alpha then you would have a much greater argument because why on earth would a person pay for something if it's being givin out for free? that would be pretty stupid

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FelipeInside

@lawlessx said:

@FelipeInside said:
@wis3boi said:

but here's the thing..access to the alpha isn't free. If the developers were handing out codes to everyone to get into the alpha access AND charging $150 to get into alpha then you would have a much greater argument because why on earth would a person pay for something if it's being givin out for free? that would be pretty stupid

I understand that lawlessx, I really do, but the FINAL product will be free, so I just don't understand people paying such a large sum (Collectors Edition Pricing) for a buggy alpha. If it was something like free access to alpha with an option to donate to the game then it would be fine, but in today's age people are charging a premium for something that used to be the other way around (devs would pay testers to test their games).

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lawlessx

@FelipeInside said:

@lawlessx said:

@FelipeInside said:
@wis3boi said:

I understand that lawlessx, I really do, but the FINAL product will be free, so I just don't understand people paying such a large sum (Collectors Edition Pricing) for a buggy alpha. If it was something like free access to alpha with an option to donate to the game then it would be fine, but in today's age people are charging a premium for something that used to be the other way around (devs would pay testers to test their games).

was there ever a time developers/publishers released messages saying "looking for gamers to test our latest game..will be paid"? honest question really..because people bring this up as if developers used to always give gamers alpha/beta access

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By FelipeInside

@lawlessx said:

@FelipeInside said:

@lawlessx said:

@FelipeInside said:
@wis3boi said:

was there ever a time developers/publishers released messages saying "looking for gamers to test our latest game..will be paid"? honest question really..because people bring this up as if developers used to always give gamers alpha/beta access

Yep, back years ago (I'm showing my age here) there were even people working as game testers. There still are now but it's mostly internal staff. Most of the time people would get selected to participate in a beta, or test a game without pay. Some had payment. Either way, it was free for the tester. Now we have developers charging a Collectors Edition Price for an alpha when the final product will be free.

Falconoffury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Falconoffury
Member since 2003 • 1722 Posts

I don't see the appeal of new MMORPGs these days. There are so many existing ones which are quite good. Why gamble $60+ on a game that might not even be worth it? It would have to innovate big time if it is to interest me. Otherwise, there is tons to pick from already.

Avatar image for cardboardgundam
CardboardGundam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29 CardboardGundam
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Glad to see some people are able to at least salvage something out of that terrible game. I was so excited for it and then I got into beta... It was gone within the first hour. ;~;

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By FelipeInside

@cardboardgundam said:

Glad to see some people are able to at least salvage something out of that terrible game. I was so excited for it and then I got into beta... It was gone within the first hour. ;~;

Cause of course you can judge a full MMO by the first hour in a beta... which is basically the tutorial anyway...

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lawlessx

@cardboardgundam said:

@FelipeInside said:

@lawlessx said:

@FelipeInside said:

@lawlessx said:

@FelipeInside said:
@wis3boi said:

Yep, back years ago (I'm showing my age here) there were even people working as game testers. There still are now but it's mostly internal staff. Most of the time people would get selected to participate in a beta, or test a game without pay. Some had payment. Either way, it was free for the tester. Now we have developers charging a Collectors Edition Price for an alpha when the final product will be free.

trust me i know very well about game testers(had a dream about being one when i was a kid) but even in those days the chance to actually be one was slim to none.

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@cardboardgundam said:

Cause of course you can judge a full MMO by the first hour in a beta... which is basically the tutorial anyway...

if the game feels like shit from the first second you start playing.... chances are it is going to feel like shit throughout....

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 FelipeInside

@lawlessx said:

trust me i know very well about game testers(had a dream about being one when i was a kid) but even in those days the chance to actually be one was slim to none.

It used to be a job title. Like any job, you had to get work for it. Then it opened up a bit more and they started inviting normal gamers to test their games. Fast forward 20 years and now gamers are paying premium price to test games. How times have changed...

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By lawlessx

@Geminon said:

@FelipeInside said:

@cardboardgundam said:

if the game feels like shit from the first second you start playing.... chances are it is going to feel like shit throughout....

you can't review an MMO after an hour of playing. it makes me wonder what made him interested in the first place if he got bored so quickly

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FelipeInside

@Geminon said:

@FelipeInside said:

@cardboardgundam said:

Depends on the game. I've had games start off great and then turn into something really bad and boring. I've also started games thinking they were bad but then with more gametime you start to see the depth and quality.

Either way, you can't judge ESO on a first hour gameplay, since that's just the tutorial.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

I have only run into a couple bugs, returned later and they were fixed. Really fun game IMO, there is so much to see and do, I'm sure getting my moneys worth!

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@bluesunmerc said:

Games have always been released with bugs and unfinished parts, difference is that now more people know about it straight away thanks to the internet, and games are so complex that more bugs are prone to happen.

Another problem is timeline pressure. Games have to be released a lot quicker than before, and that leads to devs using shortcuts or not really testing things out before launch.

Felipe, are you backing up the devs?

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By KHAndAnime

@FelipeInside said:

The KHAndAnime Logic:

FelipeLogic:

- Worship Call of Duty and big budget FPS titles

- Defend big publishers with bleeding heart

- Demonstrate lack of reading capabilities

Not everyone exclusively loves CoD Felipe, most people are bored with it by now. We know you love Activision, but you're not going to die if there isn't another CoD game. Do you have some sort of "milk me" fetish?

@reaper4278 said:

Tons of games already do - support until it hurts.

P.S. I'm just ribbing vfibsux. It's absolutely hilarious that he gets ripped off by the business model he spends too much time defending. When he's not busy complaining about getting ripped off by publishers, he's busy complaining FOR people buying into Early Access projects - while the people who actually bought into early access are satisfied and have no grievances. Vfibsux's recourse for getting his money back is telling Paypal that he literally got scammed - good stuff. You're right vfibsux, buying into rushed games is a scam. Only if there was a way to stick it to the publishers who keep scamming you...

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BSC14

@rrjim1 said:

I have only run into a couple bugs, returned later and they were fixed. Really fun game IMO, there is so much to see and do, I'm sure getting my moneys worth!

Agree, I'm getting my $ worth as well as I'm having a blast.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BSC14

I expect this game will probably go free to play in about 6 months. It's too bad really but all the negativity will probably end up getting the better of it.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By FelipeInside
@BSC14 said:

I expect this game will probably go free to play in about 6 months. It's too bad really but all the negativity will probably end up getting the better of it.

Not necessarily. The negativity I see is mostly from this forum, where most people here will always find something to complain about. In the actual game it's mostly positive attitude, except that people are worried about the bots and bugs. Zenimax though are fixing them around the clock, but some things were reported from the first beta and are still there, and that's where they dropped the ball.

If they fix things quickly and keep pushing out content like they said they have planned, I reckon it will be sub based for 1-2 years.

@KHAndAnime said:

@FelipeInside said:

The KHAndAnime Logic:

Again, present something flawed just to back up your argument at all costs, let me correct you once again:

FelipeLogic:

- Worship Call of Duty and big budget FPS titles: I won't be buying the next COD, which already has a trailer and is called Advanced Warfare.

- Defend big publishers with bleeding heart: Show me where? I purchase both big publishers and Indie Games. I just don't pay for free products like you do.

- Demonstrate lack of reading capabilities: Oh the irony coming from you.

Not everyone exclusively loves CoD Felipe, most people are bored with it by now. We know you love Activision, but you're not going to die if there isn't another CoD game. Do you have some sort of "milk me" fetish? Read point 1.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By KHAndAnime

@FelipeInside said:

Again, present something flawed just to back up your argument at all costs, let me correct you once again:

FelipeLogic:

- Worship Call of Duty and big budget FPS titles: I won't be buying the next COD, which already has a trailer and is called Advanced Warfare

14 CoD games in and you're bored by the 15th? Hey, it's a little hard to believe...

- Defend big publishers with bleeding heart: Show me where? I purchase both big publishers and Indie Games. I just don't pay for free products like you do.

Any past threads you've participated in pointing out how broken BF4 or the new CoD is, you're pretty much always the exclusive one to rise to the occasion and their defense despite how broken or unoptimized they are. Your argument in each type of thread? "It ran well for me so it's not that broken!" Good one. The rest of the world wept in the meantime at BF4's bugs and Ghost's lolbad optimization.

Example 1

Example 2

@FelipeInside on the topic of BF4 launch said: It's a pretty complex game with everything going on so bugs are understandable.

Game breaking bugs, mostly reported in the beta state of the game, made it into the BF4 release and persisted for weeks on end. Only you, Felipe, could be so understanding when it comes to the largest and wealthiest game publisher on the planet. Most of us would assume that a developer/publisher team with so much talent and money could at least iron out deadly bugs by the game's release. You're clearly in love with EA. Like I said, people complained that these exact same bugs existed in the BF4 beta....

- Demonstrate lack of reading capabilities: Oh the irony coming from you.

Not too sure about that one ;) You make a particularly bad habit about it. You made it easy because you demonstrated just a couple hours of ago, haha...

Now it's time: prove to everyone that your reading comprehension isn't garbage, where have I stated either of these things? I'll be waiting ;)

Not everyone exclusively loves CoD Felipe, most people are bored with it by now. We know you love Activision, but you're not going to die if there isn't another CoD game. Do you have some sort of "milk me" fetish? Read point 1.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By FelipeInside

@KHAndAnime said:

I'm not even going to bother dude, it's a waste of my time. You have proven time and time again that you cannot be wrong under ANY circumstances, and it's always the other person at fault. You can't talk to a person that thinks this way.

You derailed the whole topic to a completely different subject just to put forward your argument, when we were talking about paying for something free. I apologize to the rest of the posters for this derailment.
Next time stay on topic and keep defending buying a Collectors Edition Premium Product to play something unfinished while everyone else plays the final product for free. If you think that's ok, all the power to you mate.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By KHAndAnime

@FelipeInside said:

@KHAndAnime said:

I'm not even going to bother dude, it's a waste of my time. You have proven time and time again that you cannot be wrong under ANY circumstances, and it's always the other person at fault. You can't talk to a person that thinks this way.

You derailed the whole topic to a completely different subject just to put forward your argument, when we were talking about paying for something free. I apologize to the rest of the posters for this derailment.
Next time stay on topic and keep defending buying a Collectors Edition Premium Product to play something unfinished while everyone else plays the final product for free. If you think that's ok, all the power to you mate.

Naw, it's plain as day that you derailed the thread with your post talking about me. That line of discussion was completely provoked by you. I, on the other hand, was putting forth a relevant point to the OP regarding getting scammed by publishers with my initial post. Nice try though.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By FelipeInside

@KHAndAnime said:

I, on the other hand, was putting forth a relevant point to the OP regarding getting scammed by publishers with my initial post.

Hahahahahahhaha. The guy that defends Early Access by all costs, defended paying $120 for Everquest Landmark which is going to be free is now giving advice on getting scammed by publishers?

Sorry, but you deserve this:

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

@Falconoffury: Because people are burnt out of their previous mmos and are desperately looking for a new home.

Early Access is a good thing, several Early access games I have played are far more fun than actual finished products, sometimes I have seen some of them being more content rich and polished too.