This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by bluesunmerc (185 posts) -

As some of you may know I recently asked about a mobo and cpu. One of the games I'm wanting to play is red orchestra 2 and I can play it now at a staggering 15-20 fps in heavy combat it can drop to 5-10. So what I'm asking is a new cpu gonna fix my problem or is there something Im missing.

Spec

Amd Phenom Quad core 9500 2.20ghz

6gb ram

Evga gtx660

Ocz 650w powersupply

windows 8.1

I cant oc the cpu because it was prebuilt pc and I added somethings in afterwards plus I have heard you cant oc that cpu a whole lot anyway

if you need more let me know

#2 Posted by 04dcarraher (20441 posts) -

Need a better cpu

FX 6300 would fit the bill nicely

#3 Edited by bluesunmerc (185 posts) -

ok i was going to buy cpu anyway I just wanted to make sure. I'm sure we have all been there where you get a new upgrade for your pc for that one game and you get it and it doesn't make a difference o sorry its a 700 w psu thank you for the info

#4 Posted by PredatorRules (8774 posts) -

@bluesunmerc said:

ok i was going to buy cpu anyway I just wanted to make sure. I'm sure we have all been there where you get a new upgrade for your pc for that one game and you get it and it doesn't make a difference o sorry its a 700 w psu thank you for the info

The recommended is quad 2.6Ghz or above, you can try to OC your CPU to 2.6 or 2.8 - you'll need good CPU cooler as well, do you own one?

#5 Edited by PfizersaurusRex (810 posts) -

Forget about OC, 1st generation Phenoms are just not worth it, eather get a used Phenom II (check compatibility) or change mobo, CPU and RAM. The cheapest good enough CPU would be Athlon II 750K/760K, but yeah FX-6300 is probably the best choice for you.

#6 Edited by bluesunmerc (185 posts) -

@PfizersaurusRex: Yea, i'm going to order a new mobo and cpu its time for an upgrade anyway

#8 Posted by uninspiredcup (12380 posts) -

The game has been optimized quite abit since launch, some people reported almost double speed.

#9 Posted by AdamPA1006 (6420 posts) -

+1 on FX 6300 or 6350, its an extremely good budget friendly choice