Recommend parts for my pc out of scratch

#1 Edited by CroidX (1227 posts) -

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280

Intel Core i5 750 2.66 GHz Quad-Core Processor

Building a PC for my friend what parts do you guys recommend since I already got the cpu and gpu. I just need the rest that can fit in my money range.

to complete this build I'm on a 200 dollar budget

#2 Posted by FelipeInside (25968 posts) -

You need RAM, Motherboard, PSU, Case and HDD (and DVD Drive maybe) and you need to do that inside $200?

Good luck with that.

#3 Posted by PredatorRules (8486 posts) -

@CroidX said:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280

Building a PC for my friend what parts do you guys recommend since I already got the cpu and gpu. I just need the rest that can fit in my money range.

Yeah good luck finding a MOBO for that CPU, they just don't make them anymore

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/F6mBGX that's the least I could do and frankly I don't recommend on getting it unless you're really want to build him a PC which is not meant for gaming.

#4 Posted by Chatch09 (448 posts) -

@PredatorRules said:

Yeah good luck finding a MOBO for that CPU, they just don't make them anymore

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/F6mBGX that's the least I could do and frankly I don't recommend on getting it unless you're really want to build him a PC which is not meant for gaming.

Hahaha yea, thats the most bare-bones build ever. He did say he has the cpu and gpu though (although dated...) Here is a link to a mobo for that CPU. Or just google "LGA 1156 motherboard" and you'll find other options. Outside of that, the case, PSU, memory and storage recommended above is good to go for a tight-budget build.

#5 Edited by Bikouchu35 (7528 posts) -

Ehhh, sell those parts and look at your coin jar. Buy yourself a ps4!

#6 Edited by PfizersaurusRex (732 posts) -

Sell those 2 and buy this. It has a much weaker GPU but it's a well balanced system and it's about the best you can get for that money - new. You could of course get better value if you buy used, but for $200... I don't think it's doable.

Woops, I thought you said you got AMD 280X, but it's GTX 280. Then it's definitely not doable, sowwy. He'll need to stretch more.

#7 Posted by CWEBB04z (4621 posts) -

@CroidX said:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280

No way you will complete this build under $200.