Recommend me a mouse

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1503 Posts

Happy holidays everyone!

I'm looking to update my decade old mouse, but I'm pretty clueless about what model to choose. I just know I want it to be wired, light-weight and suitable for a small hand (size 8 to be precise). And not to look like a spaceship, if you know what I mean :). I play shooters mostly, so only a few extra buttons would be suffitient. Any suggestions?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Logitech G500

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

Zowie are well regarded

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

o.o I don't even know my measurements for hand size. G502, I'm thinking of buying that.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@PfizersaurusRex said:

Happy holidays everyone!

I'm looking to update my decade old mouse, but I'm pretty clueless about what model to choose. I just know I want it to be wired, light-weight and suitable for a small hand (size 8 to be precise). And not to look like a spaceship, if you know what I mean :). I play shooters mostly, so only a few extra buttons would be suffitient. Any suggestions?

What is your grip type? (claw, palm, fingertip)

PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PfizersaurusRex

Ok so G500, G500S and G502 all look good on paper IDK. The mouse I'm using now I only touch with my fingertips, while the base of my palm is on the mousepad (in a fixed position). Not sure if it's the best way to use a mouse but I don't think I could use it any other way :/.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

I don't like any of the mice listed.

You would most likely like the g100s.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@PfizersaurusRex said:

Ok so G500, G500S and G502 all look good on paper IDK. The mouse I'm using now I only touch with my fingertips, while the base of my palm is on the mousepad (in a fixed position). Not sure if it's the best way to use a mouse but I don't think I could use it any other way :/.

G500 has no issue using your fingers, these mice have customizable weights

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

The day you put your hands on a Deathadder, is the day you're stuck with this mouse for life. Been using em since 2006 and have no intention of ever trying anything else. I did try a G500 and hated it, felt crappy compared to Deathadder so i returned it and grabbed another DA.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

G700s Logitech is a great wireless mouse

The Roccat Kone XTD is great as well.

Those are the two I have enjoyed most.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator

@PfizersaurusRex said:

The mouse I'm using now I only touch with my fingertips, while the base of my palm is on the mousepad (in a fixed position). Not sure if it's the best way to use a mouse but I don't think I could use it any other way :/.

I'm using fingetrip mouse as well, for that type of grip you'd want small mouses - I'm currently using CM Storm Spawn - awesome mouse.

You can always go expensive and wireless with Razer Ouroboros.

If you don't like those two, let me know I can recommend you some more mouses for that grip.

PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 PfizersaurusRex

@PredatorRules: CM seems good, but that model you suggested is not available in my country ATM :/. Storm Xornet is, it looks almost the same, but it's pretty cheap, I'm guessing it's lower quality?

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator

@PfizersaurusRex said:

@PredatorRules: CM seems good, but that model you suggested is not available in my country ATM :/. Storm Xornet is, it looks almost the same, but it's pretty cheap, I'm guessing it's lower quality?

Nope, same mouse with a bit lower DPI - that's it, I can tell you that I'm not using more than 2000dpi - I chose Spawn just because the colour of red and black match my entire system.

Xornet weights 5grams less, and got dpi changes of 500/1000/2000 while Spawn got dpi changes of 800/1800/3500

I use most of the time the 1800 one so the 2000 on the Xornet might be just as perfect as is.

You can wait for the Spawn if it's not available ATM.

EDIT: you can try Logitech G300 and G700S if you can still find it.

PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PfizersaurusRex

@PredatorRules: G300 looks interesting, but it costs double and it glows! So Xornet it is :). For €20 it definitely diserves a try. Thanx alot for the help, will post my impressions when I try it out.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GeryGo  Moderator

@PfizersaurusRex said:

@PredatorRules: G300 looks interesting, but it costs double and it glows! So Xornet it is :). For €20 it definitely diserves a try. Thanx alot for the help, will post my impressions when I try it out.

I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine, nothing beats IMO a mouse that is designed for your grip type; I don't care about price tag, brand, changing LEDs, 12 bottons, 10000dpi - I mean the mouse fit perfectly for my hand, got DPI change on the fly and even 2 thumb bottons on the side - what would I possibly want more from my mouse? =) (wouldn't mind if it gave me massage and made me coffee every morning though)

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

ive had the G500 for almost 3 years now and love it.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I have a number of newer Logitechs (both optical and laser) which are okay. But, my favorite mouse is still the old, low-tech MS Intellimouse 1.1A.

I bought a number of this used at 5 bucks apiece.

Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#19 Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts

i have a wireless G700 logitech mouse, its smooth and i like the many buttons on it. Only thing i can really say bad about it is I have to recharge its battery almost every day. But it uses a AA battery so its an easy swap out, and rechargeable AA's are very cheap to buy. I wish it had two AA slots so it'd at least last longer but i guess that'd make it a lot heavier. But i've been using this mouse for years and its so nice i have no tempation to get any new one. I actually bought a duplicate version as a backup a couple years ago just incase this one ever broke.

PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PfizersaurusRex

Little bumpy. My CM Storm Xornet arrived today, I only tested it briefly and I think it's perfect for me. Only small issue I got is when I lift it from the mousepad I start turning around in a game. I guess that's because the sensor is in an odd place. I wasn't aware that I was doing that, but apparently I do that almost every time I reload my gun. Something to do with letting go of the tension. No big deal. Anyway, thanks everyone, especially Predator :).

zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 zaku101
Member since 2005 • 4641 Posts

@PfizersaurusRex said:

Happy holidays everyone!

http://www.amazon.com/Redragon-M601-CENTROPHORUS-2000-Buttons-Switches/dp/B00HTK1NCS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1420741510&sr=8-3&keywords=dragon+mouse

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts
@Old_Gooseberry said:

i have a wireless G700 logitech mouse, its smooth and i like the many buttons on it. Only thing i can really say bad about it is I have to recharge its battery almost every day. But it uses a AA battery so its an easy swap out, and rechargeable AA's are very cheap to buy. I wish it had two AA slots so it'd at least last longer but i guess that'd make it a lot heavier. But i've been using this mouse for years and its so nice i have no tempation to get any new one. I actually bought a duplicate version as a backup a couple years ago just incase this one ever broke.

I have the G700s and love it...but like you recharging the battery after just a few hours is annoying.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

@jun_aka_pekto said:

I have a number of newer Logitechs (both optical and laser) which are okay. But, my favorite mouse is still the old, low-tech MS Intellimouse 1.1A.

I bought a number of this used at 5 bucks apiece.

That mouse is actually very good, a lot of cs players used to use it. You have to overclock it though, at its default 125hz it feels kind of bad. It's way better than the wheel mouse optical which looks similar. You won't find the intellimouse cheap anywhere though.