Recommend Me A Good Racing Game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Nickprovs (1199 posts) -

I just recentley got the urge to play a racing game. To be totally honest the last racing game I bought was Hot Pursuit 2 for the Playstation 2. And I loved that game. i've played gran turismo at a friends house, but obviously that's out the window since I'm looking for a PC game here. I see the 2 big racing games for PC right now are Dirt 3 and Shift 2, but I'm also interested in Hot Pursuit 3. Is that any good? Or should I get one of the other two. Or something totally different?

#2 Posted by -DaNuTz- (1430 posts) -
Burnout Paradise
#3 Posted by Obiwan_1O (286 posts) -

Definatly Dirt 3

#4 Posted by Stinger78 (5826 posts) -
One of my favorite NFS games was Most Wanted, though the last HP game is right up there. Just about any multiplatform racing game available for PC has been as good or better than the console versions. You should also be able to use something like a wired 360 controller, or racing wheel. Dirt was fun, but is still a system hog, whereas Dirt 2 looks better and runs a lot smoother. GRID, Flatout Ultimate Carnage, and Trackmania (which has been a mainly PC-exclusive franchise) are all fun too. There are sim-style racers on PC but they seem to be more pay-to-play, such as Live For Speed and iRacing.
#5 Posted by dk00111 (3123 posts) -
Burnout Paradise-DaNuTz-
This x1,000,000 if you haven't played it already.
#6 Posted by slvrraven9 (9235 posts) -
dl trackmania off of steam. its free. cant go wrong with free....
#7 Posted by Evz0rz (4624 posts) -

Dirt 3 without question!

#8 Posted by MyopicCanadian (8345 posts) -
If you have any interest in realistic racing, iRacing will probably be the last racing game you ever play. It's intense.
#9 Posted by adam1808 (264 posts) -

any of the dirt games, especially dirt 3

#10 Posted by slvrraven9 (9235 posts) -
If you have any interest in realistic racing, iRacing will probably be the last racing game you ever play. It's intense.MyopicCanadian
is that on steam?
#11 Posted by MyopicCanadian (8345 posts) -
[QUOTE="MyopicCanadian"]If you have any interest in realistic racing, iRacing will probably be the last racing game you ever play. It's intense.slvrraven9
is that on steam?

No, the game is managed and launched through the website. iRacing.com
#12 Posted by Gamesterpheonix (3522 posts) -
Dirt to the 3. Love it.
#13 Posted by DasBeerBoot (263 posts) -

- Dirt 3

- Shift 2

- Grid ( a bit old though)

#14 Posted by dv_mrkn (59 posts) -
As I'm a big F1 fan I would say F1 2010 and in future 2011. GT5 also comes to my mind and every title of the DiRT series. Have fun!
#15 Posted by JKnaperek (2019 posts) -
[QUOTE="-DaNuTz-"]Burnout Paradisedk00111

Even if you have played it already, this x infinty.
#16 Posted by jernas (1513 posts) -

If you're looking for a simulation than none of the suggestions will do except iRacing and maybe Shift 1/2. All the other games are arcades. I would suggest GTR 1/2, GT Legends, Race 07, Ferrari Academy, M3 Challenge, F1 99-02 and most of all rFactor.

On the other hand if you're looking for an arcade racing game I'd suggest Test Drive Unlimited 1/2. Lots of cars and a huge island to drive on.

#17 Posted by Gamesterpheonix (3522 posts) -
[QUOTE="dk00111"][QUOTE="-DaNuTz-"]Burnout ParadiseJKnaperek

Even if you have played it already, this x infinty.

Im sorry, I didnt like it THAT much. It is a good game though. Just wish I could bump a graphics a little and improve the gameplay just a tad. No hate on it though. It was innovative.
#18 Posted by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -
Dirt 2 if you want something cheap but great quality. Dirt 3 if you don't mind paying premium and you want more Dirt game, with slight improvements. Shift 1 and 2 are awesome as well, but you will hear people complain about the "handling" which I think is fine. At least for me. It's a learning curve but rewarding me thinks. I like the two series equally.