This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Bikouchu35 (7242 posts) -

All these setups is making a bit jelly. I feel the urge to upgrade to i5 2500k thatll ring up $300 after tax with mobo/ram at least but I can sell swap my current parts for $100-120 I bet... meh decisions. Ill need to get back to working than.

awesome/10 thread :P thus far.

#52 Posted by Jetset314 (211 posts) -

Take 2:

Did a bit of cleaning yesterday..here is my setup (a bit blurry ). Pics of the case over haul is above:

set up

#53 Posted by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -
[QUOTE="spittis"]Some very good looking computers here, and nice chair superclocked! I'll toss my setup here since I finally took time to manage the cables between the computer and peripherals. Also installed a dedicated outlet with switch control for the speakers. The two reasons being that they can't be connected to the same strip as the computer because of distortions, and I wanted to be able to turn them off at the same time from the table.   Complete list of junk, PC: i7-860 @3.2Ghz, MSI 6870 Hawk crossfire, Asus Sabertooth 55i, 4x2 GB Kingston HyperX RAM, Antec P183 Black case, Corsair TX950W PSU, 64GB Kingston SSD, 2x 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs, Coolermaster TX3 cooler, LG BlueRay station, Creative SoundBlaster 5.1 Pro USB soundcard Peripherals: Samsung 27" P2770, some old Samsung 19" screen, Logitech G15 keyboard, G700 mouse, KRK Rokit 5 G2 speakers, Sennheiser PC350 (modded) headset. Benchmark scores: 3DMark 2011 - 8132 marks || Unigine - 1541 points

I love the finish on that desk of yours. And the handles on the drawers.. nice.. Oh, as for your gaming PC - very nice as well! :D Which speakers are those?
#54 Posted by gedz (674 posts) -

Take 2:

Did a bit of cleaning yesterday..here is my setup (a bit blurry ). Pics of the case over haul is above:

set up

Jetset314

I like those figures on top of the speakers :D

#55 Posted by spittis (1875 posts) -
[QUOTE="Elann2008"] I love the finish on that desk of yours. And the handles on the drawers.. nice.. Oh, as for your gaming PC - very nice as well! :D Which speakers are those?

#56 Posted by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -
[QUOTE="spittis"][QUOTE="Elann2008"] I love the finish on that desk of yours. And the handles on the drawers.. nice.. Oh, as for your gaming PC - very nice as well! :D Which speakers are those?

I think it's time for new speakers. :D How would you rate them on a scale of 10?
#57 Posted by spittis (1875 posts) -
[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="spittis"][QUOTE="Elann2008"] I love the finish on that desk of yours. And the handles on the drawers.. nice.. Oh, as for your gaming PC - very nice as well! :D Which speakers are those?

I think it's time for new speakers. :D How would you rate them on a scale of 10?

Hmm.. for my purposes they're pretty much a 10/10, but that's because I live in an apartment with piss poor walls for sound isolation so I can't use anything bass heavy (got my headset for that). If I didn't have this problem I would get at least the RP6 speakers, they're supposed to have descent bass for the size. Sound clarity is amazing but being studio monitors they are rather unforgiving if you have poor quality files. The bass is not powerful but on the other hand it's always there, even on low volumes you get a nice "thump". Two other things to consider are, you get no external volume & power control. Of course you have the knobs and buttons on the back of the speakers, but that's rather inconvenient IMO. Either you control the volume just through Windows, or get a separate volume controller. I didn't have to think about that since I got volume control on my USB sound card that's sitting on the desk. Power management is a bit trickier if you want to have it on your desk, although to be honest I'm just nitpicking here, it's no big deal to turn them off separately from the back. But I bought an outlet, a switch, box, and some cable and installed the outlet to which I connect the speakers power cables "behind" the switch which I put on my table, so I can cut the power to the outlet and by that to the speakers. There are obviously easier solutions but I wanted it to look good. Conclusion, the speakers are great but if you don't mind spending little more money the RP6 might be a better choice, unless bass becomes a problem like for me, or size even. And take into account the volume control at least.
#59 Posted by Lpwithallvar (9 posts) -
Heya again guys, this is my new setup, my PC isn't great but I'm on a students budget and this is the best I could do. I plan to either sell my 6870 and get a 7870 on UK release or just buy a second 6870 for crossfire, not sure yet. Anyhow If you could give my overall setup a rating I'd be really grateful :)
#60 Posted by TH1Sx1SxSPARTA (1882 posts) -
looking at these pics makes me realize i really need to manage my cables alot better lol im too lazy tho, next time i open it up ill have to remember to do that
#61 Posted by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -
[QUOTE="spittis"][QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="spittis"] Thanks :) speakers are a pair of KRK RP5 Rokit.

Hmm.. for my purposes they're pretty much a 10/10, but that's because I live in an apartment with piss poor walls for sound isolation so I can't use anything bass heavy (got my headset for that). If I didn't have this problem I would get at least the RP6 speakers, they're supposed to have descent bass for the size. Sound clarity is amazing but being studio monitors they are rather unforgiving if you have poor quality files. The bass is not powerful but on the other hand it's always there, even on low volumes you get a nice "thump". Two other things to consider are, you get no external volume & power control. Of course you have the knobs and buttons on the back of the speakers, but that's rather inconvenient IMO. Either you control the volume just through Windows, or get a separate volume controller. I didn't have to think about that since I got volume control on my USB sound card that's sitting on the desk. Power management is a bit trickier if you want to have it on your desk, although to be honest I'm just nitpicking here, it's no big deal to turn them off separately from the back. But I bought an outlet, a switch, box, and some cable and installed the outlet to which I connect the speakers power cables "behind" the switch which I put on my table, so I can cut the power to the outlet and by that to the speakers. There are obviously easier solutions but I wanted it to look good. Conclusion, the speakers are great but if you don't mind spending little more money the RP6 might be a better choice, unless bass becomes a problem like for me, or size even. And take into account the volume control at least.

Thank you for the feedback!
#62 Posted by Curlyfrii87 (14905 posts) -

My latest build (Oct 2011) Parts Parts Motherboard/Case Processor H100 GTX 580 Finished Prodcut My sexy Desktop :P My sexy 4.8ghz overclock :P (the h100 is awesome!)

Specs:

Case - Corsair 600t
MB - Gigabyte Z68xp-ud3p
CPU - Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.8ghz
CPU Cooling - Corsair H100
RAM - 8GB Corsair Vengence 1600mhz
PSU - Corsair AX850w
GPU - EVGA GTX 580 1536mb @ 850/1650/2004
OS - Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
HDD - 1TB Hitachi 7200rpm

#63 Posted by anshul89 (5699 posts) -

Except for the case and hard drives, my rig is 2 and a half years old and still going strong :)

Corsair 600T
Core i7 920 @ 4ghz
Sapphire 5850 overclocked to 5870 speeds
OCZ Vertrex 2 120gb SSD
3GB Corsair DDR3 (a stick is missing in the photo because it's gone for rma)
Corsair H50
Onkyo 5.1 HTiB
32" Samsung LCD TV

#64 Posted by DevilMightCry (3472 posts) -
^^ I like the case. I wanted to get that one, but eventually settled with Phantom. These new Corsair cases are like "Audi" of cases. Nice clean setup.
#65 Posted by gonzalezboy07 (191 posts) -

Here is my newest rig build it on Oct 2011.

Specs:

Case: Cooler Master HAF 922

CPU:Intel i5 2500k (stock)

CPU Cooler: Corsair H50

MB: Asrock P67 Extreme 4 GEN3

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 4 Gigs 1333 mhz

GPU: EVGA Geforce 460 GTX SC 1024MB

PSU: Corsair TX 850 v2

Primary Disk: Crucial M4 64 Gigs SSD

Secondary Disk: Seagate 2TB

Optical Drive: LG DVD RW

#66 Posted by jcbullen (852 posts) -
looking at these pics makes me realize i really need to manage my cables alot better lol im too lazy tho, next time i open it up ill have to remember to do thatTH1Sx1SxSPARTA
I was so happy I decided to get a modular power supply and a case with great cable management. My previous computer looked like Medusa trying to undo a tangle of ropes.
#68 Posted by Eastdabest (652 posts) -

Specs in my sig :P

#69 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

Here's mine:

#70 Posted by Abhi_KnYt (15 posts) -

Nice one pal !

#71 Posted by ronvalencia (15109 posts) -

My Silverstone SG-07 Mini-ITX based PC. Specs on my sig with blu-ray/dvd-rw slim optical drive.

#72 Posted by James161324 (8315 posts) -

My Silverstone SG-07 Mini-ITX based PC. Specs on my sig with blu-ray/dvd-rw slim optical drive.

ronvalencia

What are your temps like

#73 Posted by AutoPilotOn (7974 posts) -

Pics with my new case, motherboard, and powersupply

#74 Posted by Darthmatt (8966 posts) -

This is my first build ever! This is not a gaming rig, I use it for CGI rendering. Raycast, GI...etc

#75 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

This is my first build ever! This is not a gaming rig, I use it for CGI rendering. Raycast, GI...etc

Darthmatt

But your specs are good enough for gaming!

#76 Posted by ronvalencia (15109 posts) -

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"]

James161324

What are your temps like

Normal internet/MS Office mode.

Playing games like Skyrim (at max details) results in ~72C temps.

#77 Posted by Darthmatt (8966 posts) -

[QUOTE="Darthmatt"]

mitu123

But your specs are good enough for gaming!

lol, a nice bonus!

#78 Posted by GS550L (913 posts) -

[QUOTE="James161324"]

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"]

ronvalencia

What are your temps like

Quite impressive for a mITX system. Is the processor overclocked in any way, and does it have an aftermarket cooler?

#79 Posted by ronvalencia (15109 posts) -

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"]

[QUOTE="James161324"]

What are your temps like

GS550L

Quite impressive for a mITX system. Is the processor overclocked in any way, and does it have an aftermarket cooler?

Stock cooler for Intel Core i5-2500K. I haven't moved the water cooler from my tower PC.

There are two case fans for SG-07 i.e. top and bottom (connected to the power supply).

The GPU's intake fan has direct access to the out-side air via enclosed side vents i.e. the rubber ring connects to GPU's intake fan.

#80 Posted by MadCracker93 (84 posts) -

Built this in November 2011 from overclockers UK had no problems so far here are my spec's

System Specs
- Intel Core i5-2500K 3.80GHz (Sandybridge)
- Gelid Tranquillo CPU Cooler
- Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 Intel Z68
- HIS ATI Radeon HD 6950 IceQ X PLUS Edition 2048MB
- Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit
- Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000.C 1TB SATA-II 32MB Cache
- Antec TruePower New Modular 650W PSU
- Sharkoon T9 Gaming Tower Case
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Peripherals

- Razer DeathAdder Gaming Mouse
- Razer Arctosa Gaming Keyboard
- Wacom BAMBOO Graphic tablet
- Turtle Beach x11 Gaming Headset
- 24" LG Flatron W2442PE 1080p HDMI Moniter
- Steelseries Desk Mat

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#81 Posted by C_Rule (9739 posts) -
@AutoPilotOn What you think of that case? I'm thinking of using it in my next build. @MadCracker93 Nice
#82 Posted by AutoPilotOn (7974 posts) -

@AutoPilotOn What you think of that case? I'm thinking of using it in my next build. C_Rule
Love it, awesome case. Looks great, has lots of room, and easy to hide cables. Seems pretty well vented too but I havent compared any temps. Only problem was the one drive cover it supposed to cover the DVD burner it has a spring or something missing so it doesn't flip back up when tray is in so I didn't put it on.

#83 Posted by egger7577 (573 posts) -
Great looking setup; I'd invest in a better chair though :D
#84 Posted by Manngunner123 (5 posts) -
im using 1600mhz memory which clocked its self at 1066, i had to clock it back in the bios setup. there are guides online to find an easy way of explaining this
#85 Posted by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -

Built this in November 2011 from overclockers UK had no problems so far here are my spec's

System Specs
- Intel Core i5-2500K 3.80GHz (Sandybridge)
- Gelid Tranquillo CPU Cooler
- Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 Intel Z68
- HIS ATI Radeon HD 6950 IceQ X PLUS Edition 2048MB
- Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit
- Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000.C 1TB SATA-II 32MB Cache
- Antec TruePower New Modular 650W PSU
- Sharkoon T9 Gaming Tower Case
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Peripherals

- Razer DeathAdder Gaming Mouse
- Razer Arctosa Gaming Keyboard
- Wacom BAMBOO Graphic tablet
- Turtle Beach x11 Gaming Headset
- 24" LG Flatron W2442PE 1080p HDMI Moniter
- Steelseries Desk Mat

MadCracker93

Oh gawd.. that room... so damn awesome... so clean. Do you block out that window so the sun doesn't melt everything? :P

#86 Posted by MadCracker93 (84 posts) -
@Elann2008 yh I like to have my room clean haha, and well it doesn't really get too hot were I live until the obviously the summer, that's why I have it by my window just to help with the airflow a bit and plus the sun doesn't shine in on the window it rises on the other side of my house, perfect really :)
#87 Posted by MadCracker93 (84 posts) -
Great looking setup; I'd invest in a better chair though :Degger7577
haha I no I really do, but I'm going to Uni in September so when I go and get my student finance through I'm going to buy a few new luxuries ;)
#88 Posted by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -
@Elann2008 yh I like to have my room clean haha, and well it doesn't really get too hot were I live until the obviously the summer, that's why I have it by my window just to help with the airflow a bit and plus the sun doesn't shine in on the window it rises on the other side of my house, perfect really :)MadCracker93
NICE! May I ask, which state do you live in? Judging by that pic, it looks like you live in a beautiful place.
#89 Posted by MadCracker93 (84 posts) -
[QUOTE="MadCracker93"]@Elann2008 yh I like to have my room clean haha, and well it doesn't really get too hot were I live until the obviously the summer, that's why I have it by my window just to help with the airflow a bit and plus the sun doesn't shine in on the window it rises on the other side of my house, perfect really :)Elann2008
NICE! May I ask, which state do you live in? Judging by that pic, it looks like you live in a beautiful place.

Haha I live in England right smack bang in the middle of the country in a place called Coventry. the nearest beach town is about an hour and half drive away. nothing but tree's and hills were I live haha
#90 Posted by DJ8WORK (2675 posts) -

Here is my set-up

#91 Posted by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -
[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="MadCracker93"]@Elann2008 yh I like to have my room clean haha, and well it doesn't really get too hot were I live until the obviously the summer, that's why I have it by my window just to help with the airflow a bit and plus the sun doesn't shine in on the window it rises on the other side of my house, perfect really :)MadCracker93

Haha I live in England right smack bang in the middle of the country in a place called Coventry. the nearest beach town is about an hour and half drive away. nothing but tree's and hills were I live haha

Gawd.. I'm so jelly right now. I gotta work harder so I could live in such a wonderful place. If you haven't figured out by now, I'm more of a trees and hills, fresh air kinda guy.. but ironically, I live in a major city.
#92 Posted by DJ8WORK (2675 posts) -
[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="MadCracker93"]@Elann2008 yh I like to have my room clean haha, and well it doesn't really get too hot were I live until the obviously the summer, that's why I have it by my window just to help with the airflow a bit and plus the sun doesn't shine in on the window it rises on the other side of my house, perfect really :)MadCracker93

you live just down the road from me.. Im from lichfield
#93 Posted by painguy1 (8686 posts) -

Another friend is asking me for a build. Here is what i got. how is it?

#94 Posted by silversix_ (13666 posts) -

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"]

James161324

What are your temps like

Probably enough to cook an egg or two :P

#95 Posted by MuD3 (1181 posts) -

today i made, what i like to call, a stealth drive. i also sent back the sentry lx today and ordered a lamptron fc touch instead... it will go in the top slot when it arives. have made a bunch of other changes too but those will not be shown until i am done with everything which might be awhile.

stealth drive pics:

#96 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26066 posts) -

painguy1

Upgrade to a 6850 at least. This mobo is also a much better deal. The i3-2100 is more than enough for any casual-mid tier gamer if you wanna cut back even further.

Just me but I don't trust refurb HDDs. Refurb anything else is fine, but for HDDs I feel much safer with new ones.

#97 Posted by MadCracker93 (84 posts) -
[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="MadCracker93"][QUOTE="Elann2008"] NICE! May I ask, which state do you live in? Judging by that pic, it looks like you live in a beautiful place.

Hahaha where i live is a quite a major city in the UK but i live more on the outskirts kinda nice and quite and only a short journey away from the city, Yh im only 18 myself and have a part time job and currently at college going to UNI in September but i paid for all this myself just from working. needed it though should have seen the state of my old computer haha Gawd.. I'm so jelly right now. I gotta work harder so I could live in such a wonderful place. If you haven't figured out by now, I'm more of a trees and hills, fresh air kinda guy.. but ironically, I live in a major city.

#98 Posted by painguy1 (8686 posts) -

[QUOTE="painguy1"]

ChubbyGuy40

Upgrade to a 6850 at least. This mobo is also a much better deal. The i3-2100 is more than enough for any casual-mid tier gamer if you wanna cut back even further.

Just me but I don't trust refurb HDDs. Refurb anything else is fine, but for HDDs I feel much safer with new ones.

here is what i got now. I got rid of a dvd drive entirely since i have like 4 extra's lying around the house. ill just give him one of those. I upped the PSU, change the RAM to something a bit cheaper(he doesn't need 1600), and got a cheaper case. The HDD is gonna be hard to change, but i agree with u. I'll have to talk to him to increase the budget by like $10 or something. I'd prefer to keep the CPU as an i5 for future proofing a little.

#99 Posted by jcbullen (852 posts) -

[QUOTE="painguy1"]

ChubbyGuy40

I purchased a refurbished 1TB 7200 RPM Cavalier Black drive a while back and it has been great so far.
#100 Posted by ssjspawn (1 posts) -

Here's my setup:

setup1

setup2

setup3

How does that e9 sound?