Random bluescreen and then restart

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zoneage123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zoneage123
Member since 2010 • 87 Posts

This week my PC has bluescreened 2 times not even when it was under load. The last time it happened I was just only on facebook with mabye 1 or 2 other things open. The temps seem fine I even have a custom cooler for my CPU and my GPU idles at 30 degrees Celsius. I also have 4 decently sized case fans so I really don't think it's a temperature issue.

Specs:

CPU: i5 4670k 4.2GHz

Motherboard: ASUS Z87 PLUS

GPU: 7770 OC

RAM: 8 GB 1600 MHz

PSU: 750 WATT Corsair TX750v2

Storage: Intel 120GB SSD + one 500GB HDD

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Try test your RAM.

joseph_mach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By joseph_mach
Member since 2003 • 3898 Posts

BSOD can be caused by a great number of things. See if you can get a picture or description of the STOP code and research it online. Did you make any recent hardware, software, or driver changes that may be causing them? If so, try restoring to an earlier date and see if that doesn't help. If you've got multiple sticks of RAM in your computer, try pulling one out and run on just one stick to see if the error continues after running the computer for awhile. Even though your temps are fine, reset your bios settings to undo an OC you've got going just to rule it out as the problem. Update your system, run any AV program you have, and just keep trying the normal fixes to see if any of them take care of the issue.

Hotdogger83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hotdogger83
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Do check if there's a short in the power switch of your case. I remember reading that happening to a guy. He replaced a whole list of expensive items one after another only to find that a short in the power switch was causing his restarts.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts

Blue screens shows you what went wrong.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#6 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Download and burn to disk a programme called memtest86, put it in did drive and re boot.

Making sure your pc will boot from did drive first.

Use the programme to test your ram sticks if it comes up with an error that's your problem