RAM Compatible???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Morphic (4345 posts) -

I have a dumb question. But I just want to play it safe. Is my ASUS M4A77TD Pro AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD motherboard compatible with G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666)? I assume its fine cause the slots take up to 8gig each and it has Gskill in it now.

#2 Posted by superclocked (5863 posts) -
Yeah, it'll work fine. Before you power down for the final time before installing the new RAM though, go into the bios and set the timings, speed, and voltage manually for the new RAM. Then just don't turn the PC on again until you get the new RAM in. The RAM settings in the bios never seem to get set correctly when set to auto...
#3 Posted by godzillavskong (7899 posts) -
Yeah, it'll work fine. Before you power down for the final time before installing the new RAM though, go into the bios and set the timings, speed, and voltage manually for the new RAM. Then just don't turn the PC on again until you get the new RAM in. The RAM settings in the bios never seem to get set correctly when set to auto...superclocked
Yeah, that's where mine became a slight issue. I went from 8gb of 1600mhz ram to 8gb of 1866mhz ram. The 1600 played fine, but the mobo was setting it @ 1333mhz. No matter how many times I went and set it to manual adjust to 1866, it kept going back . My mobo said it supported up to 2000mhz(o/c) ram, so I knew it wasnt that. I finally contacted Gigabyte and they quickly explained that I needed to set my ram speed or settings to Profile 1. That fixed it. He might have the same issue, although that is a different brand mobo.
#4 Posted by Morphic (4345 posts) -

There any guides online on going about doing that?

#5 Posted by superclocked (5863 posts) -

There any guides online on going about doing that?

Morphic
ASUS M4A77TD Pro User's Manual