Question on UFO: Extraterrestrials manufacturing

This topic is locked from further discussion.

noctilucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 noctilucus
Member since 2006 • 191 Posts

For purely economical reasons I've been flying the default raptors and red raider transport until now. Yesterday I finally decided it was time to build a sky diver. I put up an empty hangar and started sky diver production. However it immediately went into "production suspended" status, even when there were engineers allocated to it.

Edit: I did not run out of cash (still $ 1 million on my hands) so that doesn't explain why production was halted. Or should I have the full aircraft's cost ($ 1.8 million) readily available throughout the whole production period?

Has ayone ever experienced this and is there a way to resolve?

On a side note, had to reload twice during a mission yesterday... A terror site full of preachers left all but 2 of my soldiers in hospital. Of course the perfect time for a battleship to show up and attack my main base.
3 desert spirits (the basic tank model) and 2 soldiers up against plenty of hunters, a handful of preachers and a few robotic things I hadn't encountered before. After 2 reloads I managed to win the fight with 1 soldier standing :shock:

BLaZe462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 BLaZe462
Member since 2002 • 1432 Posts

I believe that's top secret

noctilucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 noctilucus
Member since 2006 • 191 Posts

Well, even better that I figured it out then...

Posting the answer in case someone else ever happens to come across this thread: apparently the game expects you to pay the full production cost up-front. I just hope that this amount is not just the material cost, if I have to pay engineering hours on top I'll quickly go broke...