Question about Games for Windows Live and Steam achievements.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by GamerX500 (52 posts) -

Hi guys. I saw that Fallout: New Vegas had a sale on Steam and know that it has support for Games for Windows Live, and that steam has it's own version of the same achievements. Now, with Games For Windows Live, you can connect your Xbox Live account to it and receive your achievements on your Xbox Live profile, and i wonder if i still will be able to use the Games For Windows Live option since Steam has its own version of achievements? Does the Steam version have GFWL? Or have they removed it from that version? Why i care about this? - I find it slightly more satisfying to add gamerscore to my Xbox Live account that i have been using for soon 4 years, rather than receive steam achievements that doesn't give you any points or rewards what so ever.

Thanks. :)

#2 Posted by SAGE_OF_FIRE (15587 posts) -
Fallout: New Vegas uses Steamworks. [spoiler] cancer [/spoiler]
#4 Posted by GamerX500 (52 posts) -

Fallout: New Vegas uses Steamworks. [spoiler] cancer [/spoiler] SAGE_OF_FIRE

And that pretty much means that they've taken away the Games For Windows Live support if i am correct?:?

#5 Posted by C_Rule (9741 posts) -

'Achievements'... Who really cares...

Well, I guess you and your XBL buddies do, but they're an insignificant part of PC gaming (and I do hope it stays that way).

#6 Posted by Former_Slacker (2618 posts) -

It was a games for windows game, meaning it will run on the windows platform, not games for windows live, which requires the Microsoft service and client for the game to run.

#7 Posted by Former_Slacker (2618 posts) -

Well, I guess you and your XBL buddies do, but they're an insignificant part of PC gaming (and I do hope it stays that way).

C_Rule

It doesn't really look like gfwl is going anywhere seeing as the client doesn't run properly in windows 8 afaik.

#8 Posted by GamerX500 (52 posts) -

C_Rule

Well, if i can buy a version with achievements and bonus stuff on a local store for the same price as the sale on steam, why not? I asked this since the store was closed today and if the Steam version was the same as the retail one. And no, i'm not that active on Xbox anymore if you think i'm some kind of "console-kid", i'm mostly playing on my PC nowadays anyway. I just happen to enjoy games more with achievements since the value gets better and much more enjoyable, even after you've completed the game (IN MY OPINION).

#9 Posted by EliteM0nk3y (3382 posts) -

[QUOTE="C_Rule"]

GamerX500

Well, if i can buy a version with achievements and bonus stuff on a local store for the same price as the sale on steam, why not? I asked this since the store was closed today and if the Steam version was the same as the retail one. And no, i'm not that active on Xbox anymore if you think i'm some kind of "console-kid", i'm mostly playing on my PC nowadays anyway. I just happen to enjoy games more with achievements since the value gets better and much more enjoyable, even after you've completed the game (IN MY OPINION).

Fallout New Vegas has never been a GFWL as far I know. However Fallout 3 was.