Quality headset with noise-cancelling microphone

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Hi, I'm looking for one for my work

I'm working as a tech support for ISP company and I need a good headset with good noise canceling mic as described in title, I've got a great one at my work place but the only problem that it's got only 1 earphone.

I'm thinking about the Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 - it looks pretty good and it should noise cancel pretty well as the module says LifeChat

Do you guys got any other suggestions? not above 50$ I mean

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

@PredatorRules: I believe there are two primary kinds of noise canceling mics. One with a single noise canceling mic and one with two mics. With the later there is one mic near your mouth and one away from your mouth that will pick up all other sounds. The sounds the second mic picks up are canceled out. There are also headsets with both technologies, a noise canceling mic by your mouth and a second mic to pick up sounds around you and "delete" them. So when looking consider all of that. As far as a good headset goes I couldn't tell ya but I'm sure the better ones have both technologies and not just one or the other.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@saintsatan said:

@PredatorRules: I believe there are two primary kinds of noise canceling mics. One with a single noise canceling mic and one with two mics. With the later there is one mic near your mouth and one away from your mouth that will pick up all other sounds. The sounds the second mic picks up are canceled out. There are also headsets with both technologies, a noise canceling mic by your mouth and a second mic to pick up sounds around you and "delete" them. So when looking consider all of that. As far as a good headset goes I couldn't tell ya but I'm sure the better ones have both technologies and not just one or the other.

Wow, didn't knew about this tuff at all, great info, thanks,

Sadly most companies don't specify those things, even if it's a 150$ headset like the Siberia Elite or even Razer Tiamat.