PS3 Media Streaming with Buffering?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by KHAndAnime (13394 posts) -

I need a way to stream FLAC and HD Movies to my PS3. The PS3 Media server works, but it skips often, which simply would be solved by buffering. Is there such a thing?

#2 Posted by MonsieurX (29483 posts) -
Using TVersity to stream HD movies. But afaik,PS3 can't play FLAC files.
#3 Posted by KHAndAnime (13394 posts) -
[QUOTE="MonsieurX"]Using TVersity to stream HD movies. But afaik,PS3 can't play FLAC files.

PS3 Media Server converts FLAC into a similar high-bitrate format during the stream. Or something like that.
#4 Posted by kraken2109 (13005 posts) -
[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"][QUOTE="MonsieurX"]Using TVersity to stream HD movies. But afaik,PS3 can't play FLAC files.

PS3 Media Server converts FLAC into a similar high-bitrate format during the stream. Or something like that.

If the format of the movies is readable by the PS3 it should just be able to play shared files on windows 7 thanks to media player. Mine does.
#5 Posted by kungfool69 (2574 posts) -

tversity is great, unless u like to fast forward, that ruins the caching anyway

#6 Posted by dxmcat (1121 posts) -

You can adjust the transcoding buffer size in PS3 media server. I believe the highest you can have is a 600 MB buffer.

PS3MS converts FLAC to LPCM before streaming.

As for the skipping, try changing your transcoding quality settings within PS3MS. Can go between Best quality, good, or lossless. It also depends on what kind of connection you have between your PC & PS3. I personally specifically upgraded to a 1Gbps network (wired, only networks i run), which is necessary to stream movies in lossless, especially the 1080p / BD quality ones. 100mbps network can only do 12MB/s....and yes, a hard drive can do more than that pretty easily.