PS2 Controller on PC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by jason4p8c10 (1 posts) -

I have one of the adapters that lets me plug my ps2 controller into my PC. It has a slots for x-box and game-cube controllers as well as a couple of extra usb ports.

My issue is I cannot not turn off analog so my left "joy stick" is the directions and the cross pad pretty much functions as 1 button on most games. I would like to know how to disable analog as I think this would enable the cross pad to be the directions. Or if anyone has any other option to enable the cross pad as the direction. When I try and remap the buttons in game whether I push U,D,L,or R it displays "HAT"as the mapped key. And when ever I go to controller is control panel pushing the cross pad in the "test area" moves "POINT OF VIEW HAT" I have tried downloading different drivers and they don't really seem to do anything. Is this just the way it is?

Thanks y'all

#2 Posted by theragu40 (3332 posts) -
I have not used a PS2 controller on my PC, but the functionality of peripherals is determined entirely by the drivers you are using. Keep trying different drivers. You may also be able to find some sort of PS2 controller management software someplace, but I don't really know, that's just a guess.
#3 Posted by superkoolstud (2800 posts) -

Get one of these for $20

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/pc_gaming/gamepads/devices/288&cl=us,en

#4 Posted by bigbro200 (8 posts) -

I don't know dude I have the same problem and hate it

#5 Posted by hartsickdiscipl (14787 posts) -

If you pick up a Logitech Dual-Action or Rumblepad 2 your problem will be solved. :)

#6 Posted by d-rtyboy (3178 posts) -
Try xpadder. Also, if you really like the PS controller, consider upgrading to the PS3 controller. Download motioninjoy and it works perfectly, bluetooth, xbox emulation, reconfigurable keys and all.
#7 Posted by Bikouchu35 (7295 posts) -

Try xpadder. Also, if you really like the PS controller, consider upgrading to the PS3 controller. Download motioninjoy and it works perfectly, bluetooth, xbox emulation, reconfigurable keys and all.d-rtyboy

This, the people that made the motionjoy drivers really ironed it out and is well polish. Includes bluetooth pairing which is lovely, but you can plug it in the usb way instead if you dont have bluetooth connection. Runs flawlessly on most gfwl games with the x360 emulation like dirt 2.

#8 Posted by d-rtyboy (3178 posts) -

[QUOTE="d-rtyboy"]Try xpadder. Also, if you really like the PS controller, consider upgrading to the PS3 controller. Download motioninjoy and it works perfectly, bluetooth, xbox emulation, reconfigurable keys and all.Bikouchu35

This, the people that made the motionjoy drivers really ironed it out and is well polish. Includes bluetooth pairing which is lovely, but you can plug it in the usb way instead if you dont have bluetooth connection. Runs flawlessly on most gfwl games with the x360 emulation like dirt 2.

Well, he has the ps2 controller, so the best he can do without buying another controller is using xpadder.