Problems running the patch in Battlefield 4 on PC.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by RimacBugatti (1287 posts) -

Maybe I'm an idiot but I downloaded the patch and when I click on run and or install the continue screen to play BF4 will not allow me to click on the continue option? If anyone has experienced this please let me know how to be able to continue from that point. Thanks in advance!

#2 Edited by darksusperia (6943 posts) -

umm origin patches automatically?

#3 Posted by nutcrackr (12724 posts) -

There is no BF4 client patch yet and Origin does it all for you.

#4 Posted by wis3boi (31594 posts) -

buy the game maybe?

#5 Posted by RimacBugatti (1287 posts) -

I bought the full version and downloaded the entire game. I used the term patch but I meant to say plug in. It's a plug in that it said I have to download and install which I have tried multiple times but it wont let me continue to join a server unless the plug in downloads and installs.

#6 Posted by darksusperia (6943 posts) -

@RimacBugatti said:

I bought the full version and downloaded the entire game. I used the term patch but I meant to say plug in. It's a plug in that it said I have to download and install which I have tried multiple times but it wont let me continue to join a server unless the plug in downloads and installs.

have you tried running the plugin as admin?

#7 Posted by RimacBugatti (1287 posts) -

I'm pretty sure that I did but I will have to try again. Thanks again and I will let you know if it works.

#8 Posted by lancemedeiros (8 posts) -

@RimacBugatti: I'm having the same problem and can't find a solution. If you found out anything please post . Thanks way frustrated with this game.

#9 Posted by RimacBugatti (1287 posts) -

I just gave up on the game completely and have recently gone back to console gaming. I will miss the improved graphics but unfortunately PC gaming is becoming way too complicated. Hope you figure out that issue so you can play the game. I'm just going to buy BF4 on PS4.

#10 Posted by lancemedeiros (8 posts) -

@RimacBugatti: I found a site called Ehow.com that explained how to fix browser problems so I will try it tonight and let you know the out come.

#11 Posted by RimacBugatti (1287 posts) -

Ok cool thanks! That would be nice if you figure it out as I was really looking forward to playing this game.

#12 Posted by KHAndAnime (14078 posts) -

I have the same problem. Battlelog doesn't want to work on my PC either. People say you need to download a different browser (like Chrome) to get it working. It's absolutely pathetic but you have to bend over backwards for the developers these days if you want play anything (because everyone else bends over backwards for them...)

#13 Edited by FelipeInside (25883 posts) -

@RimacBugatti said:

I just gave up on the game completely and have recently gone back to console gaming. I will miss the improved graphics but unfortunately PC gaming is becoming way too complicated. Hope you figure out that issue so you can play the game. I'm just going to buy BF4 on PS4.

PC Gaming way too complicated? LOL..... it's been the easiest it has ever been.

I would of loved to see you try to game on DOS when you had to play around with virtual memory.

#14 Edited by FelipeInside (25883 posts) -

@KHAndAnime said:

I have the same problem. Battlelog doesn't want to work on my PC either. People say you need to download a different browser (like Chrome) to get it working. It's absolutely pathetic but you have to bend over backwards for the developers these days if you want play anything (because everyone else bends over backwards for them...)

What people say is wrong.

I've had both BF3 and BF4 work on different versions of Firefox and IE for the past 2 years. (at home and at work). No bending over here.

Did you follow the steps I posted on the other thread?

#15 Posted by Arthas045 (5348 posts) -

I am using Chrome, which I had to download a plug-in to use battlelog. Other than that went through just fine. I seem to have less issues out of browser stuff with Chrome than anything else.

#16 Posted by harry_james_pot (11043 posts) -

I remember reading a fix for that on the BF4 forums, but I can't remember it. Try searching there.

#17 Edited by KHAndAnime (14078 posts) -

@FelipeInside said:

@KHAndAnime said:

I've had both BF3 and BF4 work on different versions of Firefox and IE for the past 2 years. (at home and at work). No bending over here.

No, I don't know what "other thread" you're talking about, but I guarantee you that your steps don't work for me. Spent an hour of troubleshooting and I had no luck. Last thing I want to do is clutter my computer with multiple browsers, so I made a good effort to solve it myself.

#18 Posted by FelipeInside (25883 posts) -

@KHAndAnime said:

@FelipeInside said:

@KHAndAnime said:

No, I don't know what "other thread" you're talking about, but I guarantee you that your steps don't work for me. Spent an hour of troubleshooting and I had no luck. Last thing I want to do is clutter my computer with multiple browsers, so I made a good effort to solve it myself.

You guarantee that steps you haven't tried don't work, righto.

#19 Edited by KHAndAnime (14078 posts) -

@FelipeInside said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@FelipeInside said:

@KHAndAnime said:

My point (which you somehow missed) was that I likely already performed your steps. We won't find out though, because there's a certain pretense that I'm going to sift through your post history to find this vague post you're talking about, but I have this suspicision that if you didn't find it valuable enough to link - it's not valuable enough to attempt ...

#20 Edited by Twisted14 (3497 posts) -

I had this happen once or twice with Battelog even in Chrome. I think it eventually fixed itself after a few tries the last time. Otherwise just try another browser. I have 3 on my computer for when different things won't work (it also happens with websites sometimes so it's not just EA) and browsers aren't going to clutter up your PC. Chrome and Firefox are pretty light and you'll only have to use them for Battlelog. Once the problem fixes itself for your preferred browser you can just uninstall the new one.

Sometimes things go wrong with PC gaming, but there are almost always fixes. Yes, this is shitty, but it has a simple fix. If you'd rather not even try to circumvent the problem on the basis of principle, well that's your problem, I will continue to enjoy playing the game.

#21 Posted by FelipeInside (25883 posts) -

@KHAndAnime said:

@FelipeInside said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@FelipeInside said:

@KHAndAnime said:

My point (which you somehow missed) was that I likely already performed your steps. We won't find out though, because there's a certain pretense that I'm going to sift through your post history to find this vague post you're talking about, but I have this suspicision that if you didn't find it valuable enough to link - it's not valuable enough to attempt ...

I quoted you on the post thinking it would show up as a notification.

But don't worry about it, a simple "thank you" would of been nice but I guess that's too much to ask for these days.

#22 Posted by lancemedeiros (8 posts) -

@Twisted14: here is the fix I just did it to my game. : http://answer.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/can't play bf4 missing -DLL

#23 Edited by Elann2008 (32991 posts) -

Ok, let's blame the browsers.. >.> :P Unless it was stated somewhere by developers of both BF4 (DICE) and Google/Mozilla Firefox that it is the fault of the browser, I may believe it. But as of right now, it's definitely in EA/DICE's side. The game crashes, freezes, disconnects, errors when joining as much on Chrome as it probably does on Firefox. If you are thinking its an issue on your end, also with the browser, then keep wasting your time arguing that. They need to fix things big time. Every session involves one of those issues I mentioned above and it's pretty damn annoying and frustrating. If it's this bad, I can't imagine how bad it was when it launched (which was touted as being a horrible launch). It appears that they haven't fixed much. They patch and fix one thing and break another, but I'm ready for a programmer's anecdote to fire back at my comment.

They have a big team, they need to iron out the issues if they expect people to buy and continue to support their game. Profiteering but shoving it to the customers. Oh, I welcome the "BF4 is fine, and it works good for me" comments too.. because the world only revolves around you. In another light, the game itself is fun though...when it works!

#24 Edited by Twisted14 (3497 posts) -

I think you're in the wrong thread Elann. We are talking about the issue of installing the Battlelog plugin which can be screwy, and in my experience one time, using a different browser worked.

I just got the game about a week ago, I played a few hours of it today and I had heaps of fun. Yes the crashing issues are still pretty prevalent and they suck. Nobody in here is denying that.

Also I believe they have fixed a lot of things. People couldn't get through half a match at launch but I don't hear that anymore. I tend to be able to get through 2 matches before a crash while it loads the third one.

Edit: Man the username text can be kinda hard to read.