Problems Connecting External HDD to PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Devoo55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Devoo55
Member since 2007 • 3006 Posts

Hi,

So I just bought a Seagate 2TB external HDD (STBV2000100) to use as a media back-up with all my movies, music and photos. I'm having trouble seeing anything that I put on the HDD show on the PS3. I have formatted the HDD to FAT32 and even tried making the proper folders on the HDD (GAME, MUSIC, PICTURE, VIDEO) with no luck. I've also just tried throwing files onto the root of the drive without folders and nothing. I've even tried making 2 separate partitions (1TB each) to see if maybe having 2TB is too much for the PS3, still did not work. I should also mention that I formatted this HDD several times with several different programs to see if that would make a difference, and nothing.

Basically what I'm seeing when I plug in the HDD to PS3 is the HDD option and when I click it it says "no titles, or no photos" etc... And yes, I've tried clicking the triangle, and clicking show all, and the only difference that makes is shows me all folders that I have on the root of the HDD. Still no files... The files I have on the HDD inside the folders are .avi, .mp4, .mp3 etc...

I've seriously been up all night obsessing over this because it SHOULD be working! I've been all over the internet and I've seriously tried everything.

Please give me your thoughts, I'm at the end here and I'm not sure what else to try...

Thank you

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#2 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

You done everything thing right, I think that some of the newer external drives just aren't compatible with the PS3 because I have yet to have this issue with any of my older drives.

Devoo55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#3 Devoo55
Member since 2007 • 3006 Posts

Damn eh? I really hope that isn't the case.