Pretty damn cool sale on gog.com

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by WaxTheTrip (35 posts) -

Check out yourself:

http://www.gog.com

#2 Posted by Nick3306 (2553 posts) -

I honestly think its stupid. One thing I like about digital distribution is that you cant run out of copies....

#3 Posted by _SKatEDiRt_ (2566 posts) -

How can they run out of copies? sounds like a scam

#4 Posted by RevanBITW (535 posts) -

lmao so you guys never heard of Good Old Games? It's not a scam, it's a way to make people buy the games impulsively.

#5 Edited by Renevent42 (5009 posts) -

Saying it's a scam is idiotic...but aside from the novelty of the sale I think it's just that and kinda runs counter to the strengths of selling games digitally in the first place. I followed it for about an hour earlier trying to snag a free game and wasn't able to click fast enough. Beyond that, watching the screen hoping for a game you actually want to pop up...only to have a small chance of actually getting it...well...that novelty wore out pretty quickly for me.

#6 Posted by WaxTheTrip (35 posts) -

The very best game site IMO

#7 Posted by Cwagmire21 (5886 posts) -

I was never a big fan of waiting in line at Walmart at 6am to get those doorbusters. I don't see this being much different if I have to sit at my computer screen all day waiting for a good sale to pop up.

Time is money and surely my time is better well spent than clicking refresh on a webpage to save $2.00.

#8 Edited by PredatorRules (7049 posts) -

It's half price of what's on Steam 15$ so even if it's not really the number of copies it shows you, just know that this is great deal for a short time.

EDIT: never mind it's back to 15$, still it's way better than waiting for Steam summer sale or winter sale or whatever sale they've come up to every 2 months.

#9 Edited by WaxTheTrip (35 posts) -

Well, I myself bought 7 excellent games... And all dirt cheap ;) Now to get some sleep, it's night here.

#10 Posted by -wildflower- (2841 posts) -

I've picked up a few things. It's an interesting and novel idea for a sale.

#11 Posted by _SKatEDiRt_ (2566 posts) -

Saying it's a scam is idiotic...but aside from the novelty of the sale I think it's just that and kinda runs counter to the strengths of selling games digitally in the first place. I followed it for about an hour earlier trying to snag a free game and wasn't able to click fast enough. Beyond that, watching the screen hoping for a game you actually want to pop up...only to have a small chance of actually getting it...well...that novelty wore out pretty quickly for me.

Hey man watch your tone

#12 Posted by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -

Of course you can run out of "copies." It's in the form of CD-keys.. just like when you buy a physical copy and it contains a cd-key in it. Cd-keys that are distributed to specific online stores can run out too.

#13 Posted by _SKatEDiRt_ (2566 posts) -

Of course you can run out of "copies." It's in the form of CD-keys.. just like when you buy a physical copy and it contains a cd-key in it. Cd-keys that are distributed to specific online stores can run out too.

LOL

#14 Edited by HelpWithPC (40 posts) -

You know what is a great site to check out to get some games every week or two. Try going to the https://www.humblebundle.com/

Most of the time it has interesting games. You can usually get 5 to 6 games for 6 dollars.

Edit:

Didn't notice, but they now have a store which you can buy games from to. Changes every week or two.

#15 Edited by the_bi99man (11024 posts) -

I missed out getting Total Annihilation last night because it took me like 4 seconds to log in.

#16 Posted by Renevent42 (5009 posts) -

@Renevent42 said:

Hey man watch your tone

Nah...and I said that saying it's a scam is idiotic, not that you were idiotic.