Portal 2 co-op on PC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PoindeJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PoindeJ
Member since 2005 • 686 Posts

How is it? I have been wanting to buy Portal 2 since the first one was awesome, but I've heard/read that co-op is a large part of the game. It sounds awesome, but I don't have a PS3 or 360 so anyone I'd be playing with would have to be online, or would also have to have a copy of the game... right? To me, playing co-op online doesn't sound nearly as fun as playing in the same room with somebody, but maybe it is.

More simply put, three questions:

1) Is Portal 2 co-op on PC fun?

2) How does it compare to co-op on the PS3/Xbox 360?

3) Do you think it would be worth buying the game just for the single player experience?

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
CO-OP is not a big part of the game, it's just part of the game and of course other people need to have the game to play CO-OP :P there is a split screen mod for PC but let's be honest if somebody wants split screen on PC, they chose their gaming platform wrong. 1) Yes, especially with friends, can be frustrating if you're playing with somebody from PS 3. 2) It's the same game with the advantage of the mouse. 3) You think Portal 1 was awesome, well, it wasn't, compared to 2 it was garbage, so it depends on you. Custom maps already started to get released (some concepts mostly) but I'm sure the community will focus more on CO-OP maps rather than singleplayer maps.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#3 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
The co-op is okay. I've found the the difficulty is really uneven. Some puzzles are ridiculously easy and some aren't. Also, if you're playing with someone who has already done the puzzles its not really as satisfying. That said, its worth buying for the single player alone.
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

I loved the co-op. Only good part of the game I really liked. Played with one of my best Interweb friends. Infact, I'd just call it, try to kill your teamate game while accidentally solving puzzles.

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

I loved the co-op. Only good part of the game I really liked. Played with one of my best Interweb friends. Infact, I'd just call it, try to kill your teamate game while accidentally solving puzzles.

JigglyWiggly_

haha, this is how I play every game I play over the internet.