Popular PC games that DON'T use Crossfire/SLI well?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by xxxLUGZxxx (445 posts) -

Outside of price, I know one of the biggest deterrents for using multiple GPU's is that some games don't support or use sli/cfx very well.

So I'm wondering what games exactly that don't function very well with multiple GPU's?

Are there any popular games that have been released say..since 2010 that don't support sli/cfx? Just seems like a very common setup nowadays, and seems almost silly for developers to not implement support.

#2 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (23500 posts) -
COD4 can be iffy, especially that cherynobyl map in MP, can get really anoyying in S&D. Overall it's pretty gud. ARMA, all of them.
#3 Posted by C_Rule (9740 posts) -
Crysis 2 had trash Crossfire support (if you can even call it support...) at release, don't think it's gotten much better.
#4 Posted by evildead6789 (7635 posts) -
Crysis 2 had trash Crossfire support (if you can even call it support...) at release, don't think it's gotten much better.C_Rule
i played crysis 2 last week with the latest driver and had no problems what so ever
#5 Posted by C_Rule (9740 posts) -
[QUOTE="C_Rule"]Crysis 2 had trash Crossfire support (if you can even call it support...) at release, don't think it's gotten much better.evildead6789
i played crysis 2 last week with the latest driver and had no problems what so ever

Must have fixed it, then. Did you play it with CF, at release?
#6 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

ARMA, all of them.JigglyWiggly_
I thought there was a fix for Arma 2.

#7 Posted by Byshop (11336 posts) -

[QUOTE="C_Rule"]Crysis 2 had trash Crossfire support (if you can even call it support...) at release, don't think it's gotten much better.evildead6789

Last week is 5 months after the game had been released. C_Rule commented on a problem with the title "at release".

Hydrophobia PC version has some serious performance issues on a lot of systems. On my xfire rig there are no glitches but the game actually takes a significant frame rate dip when xfire is enabled.

-Byshop

#8 Posted by evildead6789 (7635 posts) -

[QUOTE="evildead6789"][QUOTE="C_Rule"]Crysis 2 had trash Crossfire support (if you can even call it support...) at release, don't think it's gotten much better.Byshop

Last week is 5 months after the game had been released. C_Rule commented on a problem with the title "at release".

Hydrophobia PC version has some serious performance issues on a lot of systems. On my xfire rig there are no glitches but the game actually takes a significant frame rate dip when xfire is enabled.

-Byshop

yeah but i played it with high res textures and dx11 patch that are out how long ? 2 weeks?