Plz recommend good gaming mouse.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ddf1e974ea66
deactivated-5ddf1e974ea66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5ddf1e974ea66
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Hey there,

Recently I've been planning on getting myself a new gaming mouse. Having played many years ago primarily with a Logitech G9X, my hand has adjusted to the claw-grip style, as all my fingers tend to arch a bit. However this mouse died out on me after a few years.

Then I replaced my dead G9X with a Cyborg RAT 9 wireless mouse. At first it was a little different but thanks to the customization options I got used to it. The only thing that annoyed me was how long the battery lasted. I've now had this mouse for the last 3.5 years.

Suddenly the wireless hub doesn't seem to want to connect anymore, and the swappable battery seems to be running out quicker than usual. So now I'm thinking about getting a brand new gaming mouse.

Can anyone recommend a good, comfortable gaming mouse for a claw grip user. I'm good with either wired or wireless.

Some mouses I've had my eye on included the Logitech G700s/G602/G300, and the Razer Ouroboros (however a bit out of my price range), or whether I should get the G9X again.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-deathadder

wkwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 wkwan
Member since 2008 • 155 Posts

I wouldn't recommend a Razor. Had a Razor Mamba for 2 years, for about $100 (very pricey) and was extremely disappointed.

Input lag if mouse havnt been used in more then 15secs (like a second to register any movement afterward). Bad reception even when the receiver was always about 20cm away. Very large and bulky receiver (really? can we have some micro-receivers pls)

Bad tracking : I have an old wooden desk with some dents. the Mamba will behave strangely when going over these dents.

Battery Died very soon so had to plug it in anyway. has some different battery (not AA) so i didnt bother to replace it.

now i have purchased a logitech MX performance mouse. doesnt have any of the above complaints except the mouse eats up a lot of the battery. have to charge the rechargeable AA batteries about once a week.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@wkwan said:

I wouldn't recommend a Razor. Had a Razor Mamba for 2 years, for about $100 (very pricey) and was extremely disappointed.

Input lag if mouse havnt been used in more then 15secs (like a second to register any movement afterward). Bad reception even when the receiver was always about 20cm away. Very large and bulky receiver (really? can we have some micro-receivers pls)

Bad tracking : I have an old wooden desk with some dents. the Mamba will behave strangely when going over these dents.

Battery Died very soon so had to plug it in anyway. has some different battery (not AA) so i didnt bother to replace it.

now i have purchased a logitech MX performance mouse. doesnt have any of the above complaints except the mouse eats up a lot of the battery. have to charge the rechargeable AA batteries about once a week.

Razer DeathAdder on the other hand is their most profitable product on the market, not big fan of Razer (bad experience with Razer Megalodon) but I do know some facts.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

I have had crap ton of mice trying to find the perfect one.

In my opinion the Roccat Kone XTD is the best mouse on the market.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

If you like the g9x there isn't really any mouse identical to it. You may just want to get another one if you can find one for a similar price.

The g400/g500/g700 do not share a similar grip to it. The most similar mouse I can think of is this, the way you hold it feels the most similar to the g9x(even if it looks very different)

Sensor is better than the g9x, tracks over 3m/s

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts

I wouldn't recommend Razer. I have had a few of their mice crap out on me. Despite being some of the most expensive mice on the market, their build quality is pretty bad. Every one that crapped out on me did the same thing: the left mouse button would register several times with each click. Always around the 6-month mark. Sounds like it isn't a big deal, but it makes most games almost unplayable.

I would recommend Logitech. Always had good luck with their mice.

SuDDi42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By SuDDi42
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I say recommendations by brand is pointless since just about any major manufacturer has their fair share of both good and bad offerings

Anyhow, what I would recommend for you would be the CM Storm Xornet/Spawn. The Xornet is cheaper but the Spawn a higher DPI limit and software support. The grip of these mice are a bit reminiscent of the G9 and they are perfect for a claw grip.

There is not much else on the market with a similar grip design and I personally love it, and the sensor is great. I've tried a couple of these 8000+ DPI laser mice and they have all had crippling input lag and inconsistent tracking but no such thing here. Good luck!