Playing classic Daoc again....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 0

#1 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

http://daoc-origins.net/

Awesome server that has the Daoc I always was fond of before Mythic screwed it all up. It is amazing to me how much I enjoyed the old school experience. Omg the chat is full of LFG! People grouping at a camp and just chilling, killing, and socializing.....old school. No x marks the spot questing, instead the NPC says "look for __________ northwest of here." It is up to you to go out and explore to find it. The grouping rewards, everyone groups. This is what I remember MMOs to be like. The graphics and UI are not bothering me in the least, I am enjoying the old school experience.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@vfibsux said:

Awesome server that has the Daoc I always was fond of before Mythic screwed it all up. It is amazing to me how much I enjoyed the old school experience. Omg the chat is full of LFG! People grouping at a camp and just chilling, killing, and socializing.....old school. No x marks the spot questing, instead the NPC says "look for __________ northwest of here." It is up to you to go out and explore to find it. The grouping rewards, everyone groups. This is what I remember MMOs to be like. The graphics and UI are not bothering me in the least, I am enjoying the old school experience.

I thought you were into Wildstar? or am I totally wrong?

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

I played this awhile ago, right when they brought it back. For someone who didn't play DAOC during its original run, I'll just say I found it a little confusing.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#4 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

I played this awhile ago, right when they brought it back. For someone who didn't play DAOC during its original run, I'll just say I found it a little confusing.

Honestly it was even confusing for me at first being 11 years since I played it. I can't imagine never playing it.

@FelipeInside said:

@vfibsux said:

I thought you were into Wildstar? or am I totally wrong?

I'm playing it. Fun game but not something I can tolerate for long periods of time at the level I am at lol. Just too busy and frantic non-stop, and only so much money for housing....which is the relaxing part of the game.