Planetside 2 discussion.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

somegtalover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 somegtalover
Member since 2007 • 2700 Posts

The Crown is one mean base to capture on Indar. I usually play as VS. This game is so great I really feel like a little kid again flying over sunderers that are deployed as the Light Assault class and dropping c4 killing about 10 people and blowing up the vehicle. The graphics are outstanding too,

planetside2201211250144.jpg

Mrcod11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Mrcod11
Member since 2003 • 3059 Posts

Yeah, it's my new favorite game. Absolutely in love with it. Agreed about the graphics too; I play it maxed out and it's very impressive, especially considering the number of models on-screen sometimes. Already played 40 hours of it and I don't see myself slowing down.

Few pics (hopefully I can link pics from my Steam profile):

165247679406D78CA4E418F7D0888FA006A0DA4D

31C1FB1FF662E465EF6F1F801DCF864F8242AD16

676AC80F73A462F927F3CC94298B14918458942B

Totalgym9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Totalgym9000
Member since 2009 • 1456 Posts
The size of this game blows my old console gamers mind, I find it pretty overwhelming, but have still been luving it.
HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

I can't get into it, I have no idea what's going on. I'll try giving it another shot at the weekend.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#5 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I'm enjoying it, but as someone who is not paying anything I feel at a disadvantage to some players who have unlocked stuff, especially some of the vehicle upgrades.

There is one weapon for the VS battle tank that seems pretty OP right now, (PC Supernova or some such), last night there were two or three VS tanks with that upgrade totally destroying a TR base even though we had literally 50-60 people defending it. The manouvarability of the VS tanks makes them incredibly difficult to hit, I feel their HP should be reduced to compensate for this.

I also feel it takes too long to get certs as a F2player, they NEED to make this game balanced for people who aren't paying, because they need the server to be full for the paying customers to have fun. Otherwise everything crumbles. There is greatness in PS 2 but it needs tweaking.

darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 darksusperia
Member since 2004 • 6945 Posts

I can't get into it, I have no idea what's going on. I'll try giving it another shot at the weekend.

HyperWarlock
thats the hardest thing with this game. You really need to find an outfit to work with. Press insert which will put you into a random squad. If your lucky it will be part of a platoon (4 squads of 15 ) that will be commanded well. Do as your command tells you. Thing is, if you try to play it like battlefield, or CoD or any other shooter, you will not have fun. You will just die alot and achieve nothing. Do not get involved with a tank zerg unless you yourself are a tank driver part of it, let them do their thing. Let the Light Assault and Infilitrators drop the blast sheilds, then go in with the rest and take control of generators and SCU's (spawn control units). from there, hold the base until its yours. Some bases are harder to take as their is no direct path other then aircraft or jump pads. Wait till you are told to jump as jumping in a group = best change to survive the initial invasion. Do not stand infront of max's or turrets, let them do their thing. Spawn at sunderers close to what your invading when you die. If you pick Heavy Assault, unlock the Hawk. this lets you lock onto aircraft and you can still dumb fire at ground vehicles. Remember to use Ctrl+F for you class ability. If you cant find a current battle, press M for the map and deploy to one of the locations via drop pod. Alternatively you can on occasion press insert and it will drop pod you to your squad leader.
somegtalover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 somegtalover
Member since 2007 • 2700 Posts

VS tanks are the best tanks because of their strafing and climbing ability, they cant take very many hits though so they dont need weaker armor

darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 darksusperia

VS tanks are the best tanks because of their strafing and climbing ability, they cant take very many hits though actually

somegtalover
which means nothing when someone is using the AV lock on launcher.
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Easily my fav MP FPS, playing as a NC reminds me of the Brown Coats in Firefly.

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

HyperWarlock

Same. I didn't play but 20 minutes of one match, but it didn't really bring me in to keep playing. I either was spawn killed by a tank or running 100 miles to any combat.

Mrcod11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Mrcod11
Member since 2003 • 3059 Posts

God these noobs who don't know how spawn shields work are so great for my K/D. Nothing easier than standing behind the shield and picking them off with my infiltrator.

darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 darksusperia

[QUOTE="HyperWarlock"]

Cwagmire21

Same. I didn't play but 20 minutes of one match, but it didn't really bring me in to keep playing. I either was spawn killed by a tank or running 100 miles to any combat.

you need to use the deploy (drop pod option) for the instant action, or do as I described above.
Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#13 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

Made a point of ignoring this game during it's development but I have to admit it's looking more and more attractive.

darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 darksusperia

Made a point of ignoring this game during it's development but I have to admit it's looking more and more attractive.

Starshine_M2A2
The game is awesome. well it was before last maintainence. Servers are all messed up atm. Give it a week for them to fix properly.