Planescape torment, can't find ancient copper ring. what gives

This topic is locked from further discussion.

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts

I don't know why this is frustrating me as badly as it is, but according to a guide I should be able to find some kind of ancient copper ring on the starting floor near the first staircase going up. It seems to not exist. I can't find it anywhere. Guides make it sound like its just right there. Anyone know whats up?

Nikalai_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Nikalai_88
Member since 2006 • 1755 Posts

Huh, is this right after you wake up? I think you should talk to the zombies and see what you could find ;)

Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

It's been a while since I played, but wasn't it a triangle shaped earring? If I recall some corpse has it and then you have to unlock the earring trough some puzzle or scroll.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19564 Posts

It's been a while since I played, but wasn't it a triangle shaped earring? If I recall some corpse has it and then you have to unlock the earring trough some puzzle or scroll.

Masculus

Actually, I think it was the other earring you can get in that area - the circular 'fanged' one. Should be...in a locked cabinet next to the stairs up to the third floor? Possibly?

Also, if this is your first playthrough, I would probably suggest not following a guide religiously. I'd imagine that it would kill some of the game's sense of wonder/exploration.

teardropmina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 teardropmina
Member since 2006 • 2806 Posts

Masculus

yes, you cannot just get it plainly...it'll "appear" if you do things correctly.

simple fact about torment, you don't just fetch most of the "important" items (well, many of them aren't really required to finish the game), you need to work to get them.

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 REforever101

[QUOTE="Masculus"]

Planeforger

Actually, I think it was the other earring you can get in that area - the circular 'fanged' one. Should be...in a locked cabinet next to the stairs up to the third floor? Possibly?

Also, if this is your first playthrough, I would probably suggest not following a guide religiously. I'd imagine that it would kill some of the game's sense of wonder/exploration.

i've found the locked cabinet. anyone know how to unlock it?
Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

[QUOTE="Planeforger"]

[QUOTE="Masculus"]

REforever101

You should try bashing it over. Just use attack on it and see if you can force it open.

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 REforever101

[QUOTE="REforever101"][QUOTE="Planeforger"] Actually, I think it was the other earring you can get in that area - the circular 'fanged' one. Should be...in a locked cabinet next to the stairs up to the third floor? Possibly?

Masculus

You should try bashing it over. Just use attack on it and see if you can force it open.

I'll try that. I didn't even think of that as an option
goprofishs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 goprofishs
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
i think so, Huh, is this right after you wake up? I think you should talk to the zombies and see what you could find