Planescape Torment

#1 Posted by uninspiredcup (12287 posts) -

Hello, it's been many years since I played this and remember on games running on this engine holding "ALT" would highlight items.

Given how a resolution mod is installed, seeing shit dropped is very difficult and ALT doesn't appear to be working. Very odd.

Beyond lowering the resolution and getting incredibly powerful glasses, does a key or a solution exist? Thank you.

#2 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (18247 posts) -

Isn't this getting a sequel on Kickstarter?

#3 Edited by uninspiredcup (12287 posts) -

Yes. But this doesn't highlight items in Planescape Torement.

#4 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (18247 posts) -

I know... I'm just giving free bumps untill somebody offers a solution.

#5 Edited by uninspiredcup (12287 posts) -

After googling it, it's engine related. Later versions of the engine have it, PS doesn't. Nothing can be done.

#6 Edited by Gladestone1 (5577 posts) -

Do they have a beta build of the game yet i pre ordered it with another game..

#7 Posted by uninspiredcup (12287 posts) -

No my friend, I simply kickstarted it. And generally speaking, don't want to touch the game until it's finished.

#8 Posted by Realmjumper (634 posts) -

what about the gog.com version?

#9 Posted by humanistpotato (555 posts) -

@Realmjumper said:

what about the gog.com version?

im planning to buy it , i want to know this too

#10 Edited by uninspiredcup (12287 posts) -

I don't understand the qeastion. the sequel "Torment: Tides of Numenera" will no doubt be on GOG as well as steam. Planscape Torement is also on GOG along with a extra content and a very handy guide for improving the visuals, gameplay as well as restoring cut content, much like KOTOR 2 but not as extensive.

#12 Posted by thehig1 (3171 posts) -

is this game worth checking out, bare in mind I find Divinty Orignal Sin hard as balls due to lack of hand holding

#13 Posted by uninspiredcup (12287 posts) -

@thehig1 said:

is this game worth checking out, bare in mind I find Divinty Orignal Sin hard as balls due to lack of hand holding

Hello my friend, the mechanics, the interact, the combat is very similar.

However, this is still very different. Unlike other CRPG's like Baldurs Gate, it is primarily dialogue driven with the combat coming secondary. Throughout the game, you will actually barely fight at all. The game has something like 800.000 lines of dialogue. Even if you just talk to very minor NPC's you will be given paragraph after paragraph of dialogue. If you hate reading and just want to hit things, not for you. If you like story and characters (emphasis on story) this is about as good as it gets. It's intelligent and thought provoking. A game with some fucking brains behind it.

#14 Posted by thehig1 (3171 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: it sounds good then, the dialogue does not put me off I like reading.

I can be scared off with a combat mechanic that's way to complex with little hand holding.

I'll certainly try it out.

#15 Edited by uninspiredcup (12287 posts) -

It basically costs nothing my friend. Easily 30-60 hour game. Much shorter if you click past text but that would be against the point of it. They just don't make games like this anymore barring kickstarter. Fucking, dumbass mass effect wheels.

#16 Posted by Maroxad (8664 posts) -

Like MaiuTheDaft said, GemRB is the best hope you have thus far to solve this issue.

Btw, do you have the Unfinished Business patch installed? It restores a lot of near complete content that had to be left out of the game due to time restraints.

@uninspiredcup said:

It basically costs nothing my friend. Easily 30-60 hour game. Much shorter if you click past text but that would be against the point of it. They just don't make games like this anymore barring kickstarter. Fucking, dumbass mass effect wheels.

What is wrong with Dialogue wheels aside from...

• Inaccurate paraphrasing
  • Select Blue or red dialogue option to win conversation, no thought process involved
  • No need to watch what you say
  • Every dialogue option leads to the same response
  • Because of the paraphrasing, you never have a perfect idea what you are going to say. Hence roleplaying takes a hit
  • Because of paraphrasing, the dialogue options are incredibly dumbed down
  • Limited responses
#17 Posted by uninspiredcup (12287 posts) -

Yep. The GOG website had a very good mod guide.

#18 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (18247 posts) -

@Maroxad

About your second Bulletpoint, Its actually better if they are coloured. The options are not equal, thanks to special dialog that can only be accessed if you pass the stat checks, and those options are always the best ones, in Planesacpe Torment you are more likely to miss them, rendering all the those sacrifices you made putting points in Certain Attributes a total waste of time. Same goes for Fallout.

#19 Edited by uninspiredcup (12287 posts) -

In Planscape Torment you can miss a reward or quest altogether. Heck, if you speak to someone the wrong way you wont even get shop access.

Mass Effect has (and pretty much every modern game) have grinded away all the edges to the point that it's just a symmetrically perfect but boring, sphere.

More interested in being movies and appealing to the fan-base of whatever is thing is making money. Waste of fucking time.

Also fuck Bioware, they are assholes and haven't made a decent RPG in years. Fucking Mass Effect 2 96% metacritic. Get the fuck.