Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=399woWuxUUM

To be honest, after playing Original Sin these kinda looks bad. Thoughts?

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Looks solid. I have Original Sin and I've already backed this one. I don't really see a need to choose between the two.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

The game looks good. But that showcase was boring Human Barbarian has already been demonstrated in many other PoE videos before. I want something new.

Pillars of Eternity lets me use a fully created party and has permadeath, so for those two reasons alone, I am very interested in the game. Overall, the game looks like what Dragon Age: Origins should have been instead of the mess that it was.

I already have my party members made up, and of these I want to see how Chris Avellone the Chanter and Mike Laidlaw the Wizard who makes awesome stuff happen when I push a button play like.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

game looks meh....

im thinking divinity original sin is going to be the superior game.

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Coseniath
Member since 2004 • 3183 Posts

OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT PRESENTS

*Stops the video, finds some money around, throws them to the monitor.*

Nothing happens :(.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#6  Edited By SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

It can't be any worse than D:OS. I am torn between two opinions. First I really want to like the game since it represents all the old RPGs I loved and D:OS was a colossal disappointment. On the other hand it is Obsidian, which has a track record for terrible play-testing, numerous bugs at launch, and claiming more than they actually deliver. I am hoping the former wins out over the latter, because I am currently kicking myself for backing D:OS after playing the finished product.

EDIT: After watching most of that video, I think I'm going to have to back it to get into the beta.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FelipeInside

Not to sound superficial, but did anyone else notice the graphics and animations were really bad? I know it's about the gameplay blah blah blah, but the trailer looked a LOT better than this gameplay demo.

Gooeykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#8 Gooeykat
Member since 2006 • 3412 Posts

As a backer, I'm very pleased with the demo. It's exactly as they described in the kickstarter, an infinity engine style game, somewhere between IWD and BG2. Next month after I get a chance to play the beta, I'll be happy to report back my updated impressions and share with you all.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

Not to sound superficial, but did anyone else notice the graphics and animations were really bad? I know it's about the gameplay blah blah blah, but the trailer looked a LOT better than this gameplay demo.

Loading Video...

i see no real difference.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Maroxad

@FelipeInside said:

The animations and graphics are fine.

Actually, the visuals are top notch, and it is not usually I praise the aesthetics in games.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#11 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58911 Posts

Fairly certain this ill have superior story and story telling to Divinity. Combat and engine wise though, Divinity definitely looks far more updated (in a good sense).

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Coseniath
Member since 2004 • 3183 Posts
@Maroxad said:

Actually, the visuals are top notch, and it is not usually I praise the aesthetics in games.

+1. These are the best 2D graphics I have ever seen...

Postosuchus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Postosuchus
Member since 2005 • 907 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Fairly certain this ill have superior story and story telling to Divinity. Combat and engine wise though, Divinity definitely looks far more updated (in a good sense).

Same opinion here. I don't mind Divinity's goofy story, but would appreciate a good Obsidian/black isle one much better. Also those player models were far better than expected, considering the game's meant to be played zoomed out.

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#14 Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

I'll definitely check this one out at release, looks like a fun time. I really hope they can pull off something as amazing as Larian did, shit that game was awesome!

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Kickstarted this an this old infinity engine looks incredible..They did a great job bringing this old relic back to life..Cant even play baldurs gate any more cause of the old graphics..Im liking this new game..Ill be playing this for years an love it..Divinity original sin is a great fun game also..Calling it a year of the rpg..

Mozuckint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Mozuckint
Member since 2012 • 831 Posts

Kickstarter promised an Infinity Engine game, and that's what I'm seeing.

Can't wait for release.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#17  Edited By SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

I am seriously excited after watching that video. I can't wait for this and Torment. I really wish I had given Obsidian the benefit of the doubt and backed this when it was a kickstarter. I'm going to have to back it now so that I can play the beta I think. This game is evoking some fond memories for me right now. Part of that could be the beer... but not all of it.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FelipeInside

@Maroxad said:

@FelipeInside said:

I personally see it as lower quality to something like Original Sin

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Maroxad

@FelipeInside said:

@Maroxad said:

@FelipeInside said:

I personally see it as lower quality to something like Original Sin

This game has better aesthetics than Original Sin. Those 2D backgrounds look gorgeous and the presentation of the game as a whole just screams Infinity Engine, which is what they were going for. It could have looked like a cheap knock off, but it is clear they captured the essence of the IE game's visuals.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

After the last decade or so, I'm just happy to be getting some actual cRPGs again with decent production values.

Original Sin and Pillars hit different buttons for me. I'll prob enjoy the combat in OS more, as I prefer a good turn based system over RtwP. But like Max said, the aesthetics of Pillars appeals to me more, as it has more of that classic d&d style.