Phenom II x6 upgrade.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by overhead_drums (306 posts) -

Hey my little helpers!

Wondering if upgrading to a:

AMD FX 8350 Black Edition 8 Core Processor 4.00GHz

Is it worth the upgrade from a Phenom II X6 1100t? I dont overclock, mainly becuase I dont want to risk it/dont really know how. Im not really having any issues with my processor at the moment, not slowing in games etc. I heard that mine is a nice processor. But it it worth the upgrade?

Cheers all! 

#2 Posted by 04dcarraher (19171 posts) -
Not worth it right now.
#3 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (8595 posts) -

I also have a 1100T, it's a great processor. Vishera's are good too, but I would wait bit longer for a Vishera refresh or Steamroller. The 1100T still has a lot of life to it and still compare well against its successors.

Also, did you OC'd your processor?

#4 Posted by overhead_drums (306 posts) -

I also have a 1100T, it's a great processor. Vishera's are good too, but I would wait bit longer for a Vishera refresh or Steamroller. The 1100T still has a lot of life to it and still compare well against its successors.

FireEmblem_Man
No i dont. I dont have the confidence. I have read a lot into it but think i will bugger things up. Also i feel like its not worthit at the moment/i dont want to break my hardware.
#5 Posted by ionusX (25715 posts) -

[QUOTE="FireEmblem_Man"]

overhead_drums

No i dont. I dont have the confidence. I have read a lot into it but think i will bugger things up. Also i feel like its not worthit at the moment/i dont want to break my hardware.

the fx-8350 isnt a bad cpu at all but id wait to see either what the fx8400 series has in store or richland (steamroller 2.0 apu's)

#6 Posted by overhead_drums (306 posts) -
Cheers guys. No rush then. Thanks for the advice!
#7 Posted by adamosmaki (9438 posts) -
Cheers guys. No rush then. Thanks for the advice!overhead_drums
not worth it Also overclocking a phenom II is actually the easiest think ( modest overclocking at least ) You only need to raise the Cpu multiplier on the motherboard bios. You dont need to do anything else ( if you dont do extreme overclocking ). Say for instance your cpu has a multiplier of 16x200 ( 200 is the bus speed ) then you have a speed of 3,2ghz If you go into bios you will see multiplier values from 10x to 30x ( depending on the mobo ) and you only need to change that . A 10% overclock ( say from 16x up to 18x is absolutely safe )
#8 Posted by _SKatEDiRt_ (2569 posts) -

all my gamespot schooling makes me have to agree with everyone its not a good idea. 

#9 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (8595 posts) -

[QUOTE="FireEmblem_Man"]

overhead_drums

I've had my fear of OCing my CPU as well. But it isn't so bad, plus it was pretty easy when you know basic math. The Overclock would only fail if you don't use an aftermarket CPU.

I got my 1100T at ease, plus I'm also using the Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus heatsink and fan.