Petition for MGS5 to be on the PC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

newtee2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 newtee2
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Hello my fellow PC gamers. If you are like me you love your PC and you probably have dumped thousands upon dollars into new motherboards, GPUs, CPUs, and the likes. Most of us are still young, and as a consequence of this most of us are still poor or don't have a respectable income as of yet, so we cannot afford to buy a new console to enjoy MGS5 in its full glory. I propose we try to get MGS5 on the PC the same way PC gamers banded together and got Dark Souls and Tom Clancy's The Division on PC, and that is through a petition that will get publisher attention. I will leave a link below, but first I would like you, the reader, to respond to this thread and tell us what you think. There are many things to discuss when it comes to putting the game on PC.

https://www.change.org/petitions/metal-gear-solid-v-mgs5-for-pc-bring-mgsv-phantom-pain-to-the-personal-computing-device

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#2 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@newtee2 said:

Hello my fellow PC gamers. If you are like me you love your PC and you probably have dumped thousands upon dollars into new motherboards, GPUs, CPUs, and the likes. Most of us are still young, and as a consequence of this most of us are still poor or don't have a respectable income as of yet, so we cannot afford to buy a new console to enjoy MGS5 in its full glory. I propose we try to get MGS5 on the PC the same way PC gamers banded together and got Dark Souls and Tom Clancy's The Division on PC, and that is through a petition that will get publisher attention. I will leave a link below, but first I would like you, the reader, to respond to this thread and tell us what you think. There are many things to discuss when it comes to putting the game on PC.

https://www.change.org/petitions/metal-gear-solid-v-mgs5-for-pc-bring-mgsv-phantom-pain-to-the-personal-computing-device

I think this is the dumbest idea ever.

newtee2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 newtee2

@PredatorRules:

You say it is a dumb idea but you have not bothered to share your thoughts. Why is this a bad idea? Dark Souls was put on PC and it got many sales, myself included. Dark Souls also has mods, and looks very good on the PC.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator

@newtee2 said:

@PredatorRules:

You say it is a dumb idea but you have not bothered to share your thoughts. Why is this a bad idea? Dark Souls was put on PC and it got many sales, myself included. Dark Souls also has mods, and looks very good on the PC.

Dark Souls 1 is playable only via controller or you'd have to patch fix it many times; MGS5 is a joke if you haven't seen reviews by now or you must be a total fanboy to buy a 30$ game that have only 1 level.

EDIT: Dark Souls is not looking good, the mods does not improve much, it's ok for me at least because I've already got used to it and I prefer gameplay more than graphics.

newtee2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 newtee2

@PredatorRules said:

@newtee2 said:

@PredatorRules:

Dark Souls 1 is playable only via controller or you'd have to patch fix it many times; MGS5 is a joke if you haven't seen reviews by now or you must be a total fanboy to buy a 30$ game that have only 1 level.

But MGS5 The Phantom Pain is a full fledged game, and the views for Ground Zeroes are ok considering the game can be beaten pretty fast.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GeryGo  Moderator

@newtee2 said:

@PredatorRules said:

@newtee2 said:

@PredatorRules:

But MGS5 The Phantom Pain is a full fledged game, and the views for Ground Zeroes are ok considering the game can be beaten pretty fast.

You expect a full game, I can bet on this one that it's going to have no more than 3 levels this time, which is not ok as well.

newtee2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 newtee2

@PredatorRules said:

@newtee2 said:

@PredatorRules said:

@newtee2 said:

@PredatorRules:

You expect a full game, I can bet on this one that it's going to have no more than 3 levels this time, which is not ok as well.

You can't know for sure until it comes out.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GeryGo  Moderator

@newtee2 said:

@PredatorRules said:

@newtee2 said:

@PredatorRules said:

@newtee2 said:

@PredatorRules:

You can't know for sure until it comes out.

Exactly, that's why you can't make a petition due to the failure of the previous game.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#9 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Meh not interested but Kojima did say that he is interested to bring it on PC and don't forget demos of The Phantom Pain , were running on Windows 7 PC . Singing the petition doesn't make difference , everyone is just wasting their time and making PC community look bad . There are by miles better games on PC already and more are incoming . I don't know why someone will overlook those games and will want to play interactive movies . MGS games aren't great anymore . MGS3 was last good game .

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

Meh not interested but Kojima did say that he is interested to bring it on PC and don't forget demos of The Phantom Pain , were running on Windows 7 PC . Singing the petition doesn't make difference , everyone is just wasting their time and making PC community look bad . There are by miles better games on PC already and more are incoming . I don't know why someone will overlook those games and will want to play interactive movies . MGS games aren't great anymore . MGS3 was last good game .

I've played Ground Zeroes, and it is easily the best stealth action game on any platform. This is coming from someone who loved MGS3 but really disliked all of the bs in MGS4. Kojima has already said that MGS5 will have far less cutscenes then previous games, and Ground Zeroes is evident of that fact. It's a shame that it's short, but only a crazy person would dismiss MGS5 if they actually had the opportunity to play it.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Cloud_imperium

@JangoWuzHere said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

I've played Ground Zeroes, and it is easily the best stealth action game on any platform. This is coming from someone who loved MGS3 but really disliked all of the bs in MGS4. Kojima has already said that MGS5 will have far less cutscenes then previous games, and Ground Zeroes is evident of that fact. It's a shame that it's short, but only a crazy person would dismiss MGS5 if they actually had the opportunity to play it.

I didn't like Ground Zeroes . I am hoping for TPP to be great . I found that so called controversial scene in the end of GZ , so stupid . Bad camera placements and Paz standing up and walking in helicopter just few seconds after her stomach was ripped apart was weakest moment I've ever seen in any (so called) AAA game . It is just my opinion though but still it was stupid and unrealistic . Mission itself was average at best .

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

Instead of signing that I signed the Amazon living wage petition.

Priorities. Get some.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#13 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Didnt we have this thread last week with a different petition for the same game?

Importuno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Importuno
Member since 2014 • 45 Posts

@Grey_Eyed_Elf:

Because you can't sign 2 petitions?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@jimmy_russell said:

First GTA V, and now MGS5? Just go buy a console you cheap bastards. You own a $2000 PC but you can't shell a couple hundred quid on a dedicated gaming system? Just man up, grab your credit card, and go buy a PS3. They're like $200 at most right now, I wipe my ass with $200.

Damn, toilet paper must be expensive where you live if it is cheaper to wipe your ass with money instead.

Most who own a 2K $ computer either have a console because they are interested in gaming there as well or not since they don't care about consoles. However a lot of people own computers ranging from 500-1200$, spent/built over time and those can't always go and buy a PS3 as easily as you wipe your ass after a trip to the rest room.

newtee2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 newtee2

@Cloud_imperium said:

Yes signing the petition does make a difference because if we were to get enough signers we could get gaming media attention just like the dark souls petition as well as Tom Clancy's the Division petition. Not many good pc games to look forward to this year, and lets not forget Metal Gear Rising sold well on steam.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JangoWuzHere

@Cloud_imperium said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

I didn't like Ground Zeroes . I am hoping for TPP to be great . I found that so called controversial scene in the end of GZ , so stupid . Bad camera placements and Paz standing up and walking in helicopter just few seconds after her stomach was ripped apart was weakest moment I've ever seen in any (so called) AAA game . It is just my opinion though but still it was stupid and unrealistic . Mission itself was average at best .

The ending isn't really all that controversial. IGN is pretty much the only site trying to spark discussion about it. How was the camera bad in Ground Zeroes's cutscenes? All of them are one continous shot with no jump cuts whatsoever. They create far more tension and drama then standard video game cutscenes. A lot of things are stupid and unrealistic in Metal Gear, that doesn't make them bad. If the ending of Ground Zeroes was the weakest moment you have ever seen in an AAA game, I believe you need to play a lot more AAA games. The ending of Bioshock was far more stupid then anything in Ground Zeroes.

GiantAssPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GiantAssPanda
Member since 2011 • 1885 Posts

@newtee2 said:

and lets not forget Metal Gear Rising sold well on steam.

And you know this how?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Cloud_imperium

@newtee2 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Yes signing the petition does make a difference because if we were to get enough signers we could get gaming media attention just like the dark souls petition as well as Tom Clancy's the Division petition. Not many good pc games to look forward to this year, and lets not forget Metal Gear Rising sold well on steam.

Lol . Go read interview of Massive Entertainment . The Division was created as PC MMO and they showcased it to UbiSoft . Then they were asked to streamline the game for consoles , later they showcased the game at E3 on PC and didn't show its logo in the end to build hype for consoles . PC version was already up and running , still UbiSoft asked people to beg for game as part of free advertisement and then they said "We listened , here is PC version" . Pathetic . On other hand Dark Souls was going to be on PC anyway because on consoles , the sales weren't best in the world , they needed to make sure that there is indeed a market for such game on PC . They already had plans to make a PC version .

Yes petitions doesn't make difference , it is all part of free advertisement ,nothing more . Where is Witcher 2 for PS3 .? PS3 gamers had been begging for it since 2011 . Where is GTA V on PC .? As far as I know , the petitions signed for that game are more than anything out there . It will be on PC , once it is done , signing petitions doesn't make development quicker .

akdiuuuryttt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 akdiuuuryttt
Member since 2005 • 2854 Posts

id get it

alan_carter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 alan_carter
Member since 2009 • 1404 Posts

Don't you think your neck would ache after watching cutscenes for long periods on PC?

Leave Metal Gear on console for the sofa.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By JangoWuzHere

@alan_carter said:

Don't you think your neck would ache after watching cutscenes for long periods on PC?

Yes, cause everyone who plays on console sits on the sofa and everyone who plays on PC sits at their desk=/

alan_carter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 alan_carter
Member since 2009 • 1404 Posts

@JangoWuzHere:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@alan_carter said:

Yes, cause everyone who plays on console sits on the sofa and everyone who plays on PC sits at their desk=/

Basically.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

@PredatorRules said:

@newtee2 said:

@PredatorRules:

EDIT: Dark Souls is not looking good, the mods does not improve much, it's ok for me at least because I've already got used to it and I prefer gameplay more than graphics.

the fact is that Dark Souls on PC (with a controller) is better version than the console counterpart.

sure, i doesn't have all the PC-specific features it should have, but it runs better on PC, and there's nothing worse about it compared to the console version.

Avatar image for ellenpagefan123
ellenpagefan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ellenpagefan123

ok i dont care about mgs 5 really what about mgs 2 and 3 hd collection is what we need

Avatar image for ellenpagefan123
ellenpagefan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ellenpagefan123

yeah true but only if he said if there was a demand so this petition is good to sign

Blutfahne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Blutfahne
Member since 2014 • 276 Posts

If they have to be petitioned to release on PC then **** em. It is console game anyways designed for console peasants. Probably be like the new Thief or Hitman.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

Why not make a petition to show Kojima that PC gamers want MGS 5 Phantom Pain so that we don't have to speculate whether it might go on PC or not.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

I'm not really one for signing petitions as I don't like my name just out their for people to read. But I do think if they don't bring this to pc they are fucking idiots. Same goes for squarenix's new FF game coming out this year. If they don't they just throw away money that could have been theirs. Hell I wont be buying them if they aren't on pc so I'd be a customer lost.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

I hope it happens. MGS5 looks great on consoles and I can't imagine how more beautiful will look on PC.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#33 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

@newtee2: Th game was shown for the first time on a pc, the fox engine is a pc engine, Hideo has said that he is working on pc, its just not a priority and he has recently said that he wants to make a pc version but cant anounce anything yet, chill it will be on pc but propably not on launch.